Question [Question] Frost T17 2PC

Once you cast the FO every cast Ice Lance adds a stack to your buff, up to 10 stacks (which is rarely happening other than having all trinkets and Hero up, but that's not the point here).

Question: is it worth casting ice lance even w/o proccs to stack up the buff as high as possible and then cast your 3-5 frostbolts? Or should ice lance only be cast during frozen orb uptime when you have the proccs?

Side question/discussion: With 4PC this will be easier I guess, generating a procc every 2.5 seconds? Same as above though, in case here are not enough proccs.

- - - Updated - - -

No one, really? :> Hm.
    Last edited by Nairesha; 2015-02-27 at 08:27 PM.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the gain of each stack does not extend the 10 sec duration right?

So blowing off a bunch of non proc ice lances in order to get 1 maybe 2 frostbolts near the end with slightly more stacks...nope not worth it. Stick to only IL on procs.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-02-27 at 09:02 PM.

I correct you: every lance resets the timer. And each lance increases the buff, making the FB 2 seconds faster and 2% stronger each stack. Reaching 10 w/o the 4PC and possibly a lot of haste is really hard.

Also you get usually 5-6 frost bolts with +20% damage out.

I can see that everyone seems to be rolling in the "Fire/Arcane" thanks to Blizzards idiocy. However, I am sure there are some talented frosties out there that could answer the question - or may be in search as well

Frost had its glory for HM now its time for original raid spec to shine once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Midoree View Post
    Frost had its glory for HM now its time for original raid spec to shine once more.
    Comments like these really help the question at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    Comments like these really help the question at hand.
    Idd.

@OT, I dont think that Would be worth it. You Are really global capped in the opener as frost, and not using Them efficienctly to stack a mediocre buff seems like a loss.
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    Solo char/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eedlezz/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Not worth it from my napkin math. (Did them a while ago, so don't have them by hand exactly, just remember it not being worth it)