View Poll Results: Would you like a version of 'Rare Candy' in WoW?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 63.74%
  • No

33 36.26%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you like a version of 'Rare Candy' in WoW?

For those who've never played Pokemon games the 'Rare Candy' item could be used on any of your creatures to give it all the experience points required to reach the next level. When using one they would then be treated more or less the same as any other creature who just dinged (gain new abilities, etc).

I for one would like to see a version of this in WoW. There could be a set of them, purchasable with Justice Points, that you could then use on the character that earned them or mail to other characters to use.

Example:
    Level between 1 and 60: 250 Justice Points per item (15000 to skip all of Vanilla)
    Level between 60 and 70: 500 Justice Points per item (5000 to skip all of TBC)
    Level between 70 and 85: 750 Justice Points per item (7500 to skip all of WotLK, 3750 to skip Cata)
    Total for 1-85: 31250 Justice Points, not exactly a 'small' number but it sounds about right to me.

Thoughts?

Edit 1: I wouldn't expect Blizzard to introduce an item for MoP until the next expansion is released, but I'd then guess it would be 1000 Justice Point per item.

Edit 2: I'm a little uncertain about the best way to implement honor points, as they can be earned far more early by characters. Perhaps they could only be purchased by characters high enough level to earn justice points from dungeons (or maybe even max level only)
    Last edited by TobiasX; 2012-10-23 at 09:17 AM.

Doomhammer EU

Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    I would like this very much. Because eight years of leveling alts has become dreadfully painful. :|
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

Odd as it sounds, i think the there should be a larger price ramp up to skip 60+
    But as an idea, i'd love it. I've been playing this game for 7 years... Deleted so many 80s and 85s through the span of time. I'm tired of lvling now.
    I'm at the point where levelling is a mental afk for me.
    Casual, with a capital''C''.
    Pokemon FC: 1993-8365-9328
    In the WoD Beta... o.o

Bloodsail Admiral
    Add honor points aswell to it. So it's either 250 JP or 250 HP
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

for sure, gets extremely boring after doing those areas 10+ times

I would be fine with this, assuming the JP costs were properly calculated. You're putting time into the game either way, be it dungeon farming for JP or actually levelling the character.

It also bypasses the 'you have no idea how to play the class' thing, because you've already got a high level character that you've learned well enough to farm dungeons with. Should be fine for learning a new class without the levelling process.

I personally probably wouldn't use this (or I would use it for a few annoying levels, e.g. skipping Outland entirely), but I don't see the harm in this sort of system.

Oh, and you shouldn't be able to skip the current levelling zone. So no skipping Pandaria, can only be used up to level 85.

That's a very nice idea, I like it. Means I can skip Outlands, Northrend (and cata if I feel like it). Ofcourse the lack of gear would be a little annoying, but nothing you can't deal with.

With the implementation of CRZ to make the world seem fuller, giving players a means to not level in those zones would be going in the opposite direction.
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

Quote Originally Posted by soxyboi View Post
    With the implementation of CRZ to make the world seem fuller, giving players a means to not level in those zones would be going in the opposite direction.
    This would be an additional option for leveling for people with too many justice points. Personally I never go out into the world regardless because I sit in org, queued for LFD with full heirlooms. There are already many ways to level without questing.

Doomhammer EU

The only issue Blizzard has ever mentioned about making it much faster to level alts, is the part about learning to use your class. Now with the Proving Grounds in works, they might have a way to teach experienced players how to use their new class and give them a way to get to max level faster.
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

Please. PLEASE! can't stand to level anymore without something like this...

The general idea I think got some points but think there would need to be something to increase the amount of JP needed after 1-60 because you can do those levels in a few hours and then just skip the rest.
    WarCry [A] 25m - Auchindoun EU
    14/14 Heroic SoO - See below what we're recruiting

Better yet, a consumable 1hr flask persisting through death giving 100% xp bonus for 1000jp, theres already a 300% rare drop one so I dont see why this wouldnt be fair.
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

Would I like this system? No. Would I quit over it? No, at least as long as the JP costs are correctly calculated. I don't like the system, but I realize in this case it's because of my personal preference, not because the idea is bad. Personally I prefer xp boosts over straight skipping levels.

i like the idea, but they would ahve to impliment some sort of optional "training" questline that you can do and it teaches you what your abilities do etc.

i've found i've tried new classes on PTR's etc before, dps specs is usually somewhat fine, you can just read up how to spec and what your rotation is and go to a training dummy and smooth it out, dps classes tend to have few, easy to understand cool downs to worry about.

tanks are a bit like dps, they can train their rotation on a dummy, but they have more cooldowns and need to learn when to use what ones etc, personal and group etc.

healers have it somewhat harder, as they don't have a dummy system, disparity between heals isn't as big as before now that all classes roughly have a heal, greater heal and flash heal equivalent, and then a aoe heal etc, before heals were completely different between classes. even though i leveled a priest just before MoP i'm still getting to grips with correct cool down usage, and i'm an experienced healer - albeit druid healer who for years only had NS as a cool down.

i think blizzard are intending to release such a system of being able to heal npc's in different situations or try to keep aggro etc

Seeing the amount of clueless level <insert max level of the expansion>, that are milling around, there would be absolutely no benefit from letting people skip levelling..

Quote Originally Posted by Cephilia View Post
    Would I like this system? No. Would I quit over it? No, at least as long as the JP costs are correctly calculated. I don't like the system, but I realize in this case it's because of my personal preference, not because the idea is bad. Personally I prefer xp boosts over straight skipping levels.
    Interestingly my opinion is the exact opposite. I'm tired of xp boosts that require me to still go through the content and would much prefer a way to skip it entirely.

For the people saying they dislike this system I'd like to bring up a discussion point: it is currently possible for me to level 2 characters to 80, then grant 80 levels to a 3rd that I have no idea how to play. This system would be replacing the 160 level grind with a justice / honor points grind.
    Last edited by TobiasX; 2012-10-23 at 09:59 AM.

Doomhammer EU

lol going in my sig

I've leveled a ton of alts and plan on doing so for some more time, but this sort of stuff should never make it to the game. A lot of people these days barely know how to play their class after playing it for 90 levels. I can't imagine how bad it is after skipping those 90 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    I've leveled a ton of alts and plan on doing so for some more time, but this sort of stuff should never make it to the game. A lot of people these days barely know how to play their class after playing it for 90 levels. I can't imagine how bad it is after skipping those 90 levels.
    A large number of monks did exactly that, and they seem okay at the moment.

Doomhammer EU