Deleted

Will of the Emperor 10man

Hello!

Tonight my guild will be trying Will on 10man normal mode.
    While i was trying to figure out timings, for CC's on adds, etc. I couldn't find the timing of adds spawning.

Does anyone knows the times for rage's/strengh/courage adds spawn?

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    DBM helps with timers. Try it.
    Also, boss is quite easy. We got 200k wipe on 3rd try and killed it on 5th pull. No one from raid had any experience with the fight, apart from watching movies and doing it in LFR once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    DBM helps with timers. Try it.
    Also, boss is quite easy. We got 200k wipe on 3rd try and killed it on 5th pull. No one from raid had any experience with the fight, apart from watching movies and doing it in LFR once.
    meh depends one how good your tanks are, with healer mana no one can really afford to be hide by any of the devastating combo, and with the tank hitting so hard ( lol 190k melee) its just a constant strain on your healers.

You'll probably spend so much time on adds the first few times, you'll be surprised how the bosses have any damage on them at all.

We have had Atonement priest DPSing during Combos (we're pretty good at dodging at this point) and healing during Gas and during the normal melee phase.

Long as adds go down before gas each time, the DBM timers are good for this. You can hero after the 2nd gas and burn the bosses just as you get the 3rd gas.

Our benchmark was getting the bosses ~40% just after the 2nd gas to hit Hero.

Melee DPS during gas on the bosses and their ability to get Opportunistic Strikes is a huge help during Combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on your dps and setup it can be pretty hard or pretty easy.

We had a hard time killing them, had a good tactic, but at 50% healers were badly oom. So we switched to 3 healers and killed it first try.

If you have a shadowpriest or aff lock, or maybe even both, you should have an easy time on this boss.. If you have more melee than ranged it gets a bit more difficult, but not crazy hard.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    meh depends one how good your tanks are, with healer mana no one can really afford to be hide by any of the devastating combo, and with the tank hitting so hard ( lol 190k melee) its just a constant strain on your healers.
    I don't know, healers didn't seem to have any issues with mana. We did it with 3 healers though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our group ran with a...

Protection Warrior
    Protection Paladin
    2H Frost DK
    Mage (Went frost for extra CC)
    Shadow Priest
    Restoration Shaman
    Holy Paladin
    Holy Priest
    Hunter (Believe he went MM for it, but he said SV would have been better he thinks)
    Rogue (Believe he was combat)

We prioritized Courage > Rage > Strength

I tanked the Strength adds (Frost DK), and during gas phases I solo'd it down so that the other dps could focus bosses during that phase.

In between Strength adds, I primarily killed adds, the rogue primarily stayed on the bosses, and ranged switched between the two.

Skills such as chillbains, Remorseless winter proved very usedful for me. Every other pair of Rages or so I could freeze them with remorseless, and kept slows on them when I wasn't tanking strengths.

We tanked the bosses as close to the entrance as possible, I tanked strengths close to the back wall away from the entrance, and we were burning down adds before the next set of adds came out.

I believe tanks took increased amount of damage immediately following cleaves, but wasn't sure if that was due to debuffs sometimes or a raid mechanic.

Also, tanks will do a LOT of damage if they avoid all 5 cleaves. I believe on our kill each tank had avoided all the cleaves about 14 times each, and each time they did that, they were able to hit the boss for 500k with opportunistic strike.

Keep both bosses dotted up as much as possible thru-out the fight, and switch/lust/burn the bosses at like 5-10% if not sooner, depending on your dps output.

The gas will spawn during the last 20% of the fight, and adds will also continue to spawn. As frost dk, I took care of the strengths until it was really close to the boss kill, and we had a few people drop so I blew all my cd's and burned the boss for the last 5%

Not sure if that helps and if we did anything wrong, but that's how we did it this week.

Deleted
    On our first kill we had 2 melee (DK and Warr) who we put on Rages full time, only helping out on Strength and Courage when they came close or they had enough reason to. Like healers being low on mana or ranged dps failing..

As an affliction warlock on the fight I always sought to get behind the Courage before it even spawned, to land my dots and CoExhaustion and then full nuke.

We did it quite easily by simply nuking the Strength and Courage as soon as they appeared, Courage > Strength (but they should never be up at the same time, really).
    Courage > Strength > Rages > Bosses

I'd recommend stacking ranged dps on 10 man, seeing as you're not enough people to handle the rages while having melees focussing on the dancing part. Odd design in 10 man, really. It had a really weird feeling to it, that fight, even as a ranged dps.

Btw, 2 healed, resto druid, resto shaman - both being oomy at second gas phase if I remember correctly.

We didn't offtank the Strength on our first Kill, so we had a pretty hard time. Otherwise the Boss is extremely easy and with more Guides and LFR Experience these days it should be quiet simple. Good luck