Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lets forget about Warriors and Hunters for a second

For one second lets pretend they are not Overpowered or broken or w/e. lets talk about Healers, Healers are unstoppable right now. as a Warrior i find it near impossible to kill Shamans and Monks. Shamans have too much insta-heals and monks are basically immune to stun...cause if you stun them your going to miss. i think healers should have there talents reworked and have to pick either Stellar heals or Stellar mobility not both and before you flame me and say "ROFLOMGL2WARRIORNOOB" i understand and agree warriors need to be tuned down...but the right things need to be turned now. no a 30% nerf to all dmg... from what ive seen Healers in the order of Most OP to least is Shaman > Druid > Monk > Pally > Priest > warrior>,< lulz. any comments? or ideas?

Deleted
    Yep, remove self healing from dps as well. I never understood why blizzard gave dps healings. If you wanna play a healer, do so.
    And vice versa, why give healers dps spells.

Yes healers are OP at 1v1, and maybe at 2v1 too if they are good. But Blizzard lowest balance bracket is 3v3, and imo healers are not invincible there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
    Yep, remove self healing from dps as well. I never understood why blizzard gave dps healings. If you wanna play a healer, do so.
    This all started in ZA when they added SpellPower. Healers where QQing that they couldnt farm mobs. And back in the time there were no Dual Specs yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to love 2v2. Now i fucking hate it !!!
    Atm its or you Global someone or you will never ever kill someone.
    I had 30 minute long arena as warrior drood vs warlock drood. We left cos. After 30 minutes healers ware around 90% mana.

Ok healers heal they always did. But FFS they are never OOM WTF. At least some time ago they had to drink to get some mana. Now they just are OP.....

Healing is fine. Infinite mana is fucking not.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    I used to love 2v2. Now i fucking hate it !!!
    Atm its or you Global someone or you will never ever kill someone.
    I had 30 minute long arena as warrior drood vs warlock drood. We left cos. After 30 minutes healers ware around 90% mana.

Ok healers heal they always did. But FFS they are never OOM WTF. At least some time ago they had to drink to get some mana. Now they just are OP.....

Healing is fine. Infinite mana is fucking not.
    I have quit a few arenas after 6-9 minutes because I just don't want to spend 45 minutes unable to be killed and unable to kill. In that time I can play 10 more games. All of them against resto druids and/or warriors. Coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sendai its not. As i see fury warrior pvp atm its just. Or you burst someone down in AVATAR uptime or you wont kill anyone.... And if you get a good team and they kite cc or something while avatar is up. Then its impossible to win that match for any of 2 teams.
    In all other xpacks healers ware oom after 10-15 minutes. But not here. And that is only thing i can complain about besides BM hunters.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

I've had a warrior teammate die through full hots and ironbark while I free-spam treeform regrowths on him because warrior and hunter damage is so strong. To a team not even good enough to hit me with a CC. But you're right, clearly healing should be nerfed.

BTW I'm all for nerfing mana regen, but warrior CDs and stampede need to be fixed first.

P.S. I know it's because he didn't defend himself properly, but you cannot reduce healing with damage that strong.

P.P.S. Waste a monk's 2sec miss BS with a charge stun (10 sec ICD), then destroy him in a shockwave like any other healer. What's really affected by that effect is frost mages, not melee.

OP thinks Monks are better than holy paladins......

You can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I've had a warrior teammate die through full hots and ironbark while I free-spam treeform regrowths on him because warrior and hunter damage is so strong. To a team not even good enough to hit me with a CC. But you're right, clearly healing should be nerfed.

BTW I'm all for nerfing mana regen, but warrior CDs and stampede need to be fixed first.

P.S. I know it's because he didn't defend himself properly, but you cannot reduce healing with damage that strong.

P.P.S. Waste a monk's 2sec miss BS with a charge stun (10 sec ICD), then destroy him in a shockwave like any other healer. What's really affected by that effect is frost mages, not melee.

Once i charge they roll away. Warriors NEED that stun charge to even dream about killing a healer... Also i had a Hpally that couldnt keep me up through ret/BM cooldowns and i poped parry and wall, so yeah it should be nerf...I agree about warriors CDs. its not our DMG that is insane its our every three min burst. if they nerf any thing is has to be CD stacking

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    OP thinks Monks are better than holy paladins......

You can't be serious.

In all fairness i didnt think that till tonight. when i played two or three unbelievable monks. with there disarm there slow/root there leg sweep then there stun. they can single handily shut someone down. granted this is all just in 2s...we all know they dont balance 2s. but even if i was to trinket the stun at the end. his teammate would use one of there CCs and my pally can only get me out of so much. again this is all personal opinion. as a warrior i can blanket silence pallys enough and break there bubble to land a kill.. on a monk i just cant catch them and stick on them

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
    I really like this idea. We have two specs for a reason. and most of the time your healer gear will work for dps if your just doing dailies. i would be fine with losing second wind but rets lose there bubble and there heals. ferals lose there 30% heal and instant 40%+ heals. so on and so forth

10+ Year Old Account
    A warrior complaining that he can't kill a healer....

A warrior complaining....

Healers are fine and not even close to invincible.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Warriors and their 1 man army illusions....

You shouldn't be able to kill a healer solo even in 2vs2 you should have help from your healer partner

Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post
    For one second lets pretend they are not Overpowered or broken or w/e. lets talk about Healers, Healers are unstoppable right now. as a Warrior i find it near impossible to kill Shamans and Monks. Shamans have too much insta-heals and monks are basically immune to stun...cause if you stun them your going to miss. i think healers should have there talents reworked and have to pick either Stellar heals or Stellar mobility not both and before you flame me and say "ROFLOMGL2WARRIORNOOB" i understand and agree warriors need to be tuned down...but the right things need to be turned now. no a 30% nerf to all dmg... from what ive seen Healers in the order of Most OP to least is Shaman > Druid > Monk > Pally > Priest > warrior>,< lulz. any comments? or ideas?
    I play a holy pally and think the healing is too strong, but I think that blizzard are making a big mistake with the 15% healing nerf.

HEALING is not OP, players HARDLY EVER needing to cast a spell is, because you can never interrupt them and get that advantage.
    HEALING is not OP, healers have little - no mana issues is the problem because the heals don't stop coming.
    HEALING is not OP, considering that through these "OP" heals (getting a 15% nerf) we get people constantly bursting through that. If no one could burst healer teams, then you would say healing was OP, but considering the burst (that is not being nerfed) that is coming out of other classes atm, healing isn't the issue, instant casting and infinite mana are and only if you don't play the stupidly high burst teams.

The issue as I see it is "uniqueness" of a class. Due to infinite QQ and Blizzard's desire to keep everyone happy / make money from this happiness, classes are always "compared to others". For example; Druids now have a stun useable in anyform, similar to a Pally and Hammer of Justice, similar to a mages deep freeze and so on. The issue this causes for PvP is when every class has something, blizzard manage to make one a more "superior" version of the other as they can't make them the same or people would see the 100% similarity and complain about blizzards lack of design.
    Pally's get a Hammer of Justice that is a 1min CD, 6 sec stun (can be talented for 30sec cd), but a mage has the same spell on a 30 second CD (yes 45 in nerf). So instantly, you have a mage having a way better spell that WAS a pallys spell and if we want to equal a mage, we have to waste a talent and lose something else(give the choices, it is a big deal as well). Furthermore, for a mage this "stun" gives them a huge boost to their damage, especially burst. Now you have a lower cd, same duration stun, that gives more damage and increased burst potential over a pally. There is multiple examples of this among classes and this is where PvP becomes imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodeffekt View Post
    I play a holy pally and think the healing is too strong, but I think that blizzard are making a big mistake with the 15% healing nerf.

HEALING is not OP, players HARDLY EVER needing to cast a spell is, because you can never interrupt them and get that advantage.
    HEALING is not OP, healers have little - no mana issues is the problem because the heals don't stop coming.
    HEALING is not OP, considering that through these "OP" heals (getting a 15% nerf) we get people constantly bursting through that. If no one could burst healer teams, then you would say healing was OP, but considering the burst (that is not being nerfed) that is coming out of other classes atm, healing isn't the issue, instant casting and infinite mana are and only if you don't play the stupidly high burst teams.

The issue as I see it is "uniqueness" of a class. Due to infinite QQ and Blizzard's desire to keep everyone happy / make money from this happiness, classes are always "compared to others". For example; Druids now have a stun useable in anyform, similar to a Pally and Hammer of Justice, similar to a mages deep freeze and so on. The issue this causes for PvP is when every class has something, blizzard manage to make one a more "superior" version of the other as they can't make them the same or people would see the 100% similarity and complain about blizzards lack of design.
    Pally's get a Hammer of Justice that is a 1min CD, 6 sec stun (can be talented for 30sec cd), but a mage has the same spell on a 30 second CD (yes 45 in nerf). So instantly, you have a mage having a way better spell that WAS a pallys spell and if we want to equal a mage, we have to waste a talent and lose something else(give the choices, it is a big deal as well). Furthermore, for a mage this "stun" gives them a huge boost to their damage, especially burst. Now you have a lower cd, same duration stun, that gives more damage and increased burst potential over a pally. There is multiple examples of this among classes and this is where PvP becomes imbalanced.
    Good post. i can agree with that. its not so much the "healing" but what the healers can do or dont have to do be it. lots of instant heals or no mana issues. And as a PvPer i dont really even have a problem with all the mana in the world. I always thought OOMing a healer was kinda a cheese way to win a fight.

Most healers die in a good swap, same as always.

Shamans are maybe a little overtuned atm purely because of their 5s aura mastery and SLT. They still go down eventually though.

Just had a 2v2 with me being a warrior, my mate being a resto shaman and we fought shadowpriest+resto shaman.

we were running around trying to kill each other for 20 minutes until i finally left.

Seriously, the amount of healing right now is retarded, reminds me of those tbc times.

Yeah 2s right now. is just no fun lol matches last way to long. but i guess thats how its supposed to be since theres no balance for2s

Uh, for anyone not aware, but the 15% healing nerf happened last week or so.

And hybrid healing is really over the top.

Deleted
    Healers have become invincible in 2s because of a warriors ability to shut down the opponents. I've played some shadow priest/frost mage around 2k in MoP. If we don't get a super random burst kill in on the warrior within 1 minute then we wont get a kill in for the rest of the match, despite my ability (shadow priest) to keep our team going for another 10 minutes.
    And yes, mana should definitely be an issue. I can't really fathom why Blizzard decided not to have mana playing a role in arenas, and I also never got the point why disc priests always were the first healer (or the only) to run out of mana (this was the case in Tbc, Wrath, Cata and now MoP as well).

And yes, a healer shouldn't be able to bring a target from 30% hp to full in a gcd. Either you throw in the big 2,5 second casts or you have to blow a big cooldown. Anything else is just a waste of time (as in why would anyone play this game). Currently the only way to kill a target as a non-bm/warrior setup is to force defensive cooldowns from player 1, wait for the cooldowns to run out and stun/root/silence him, while player 2 (the healer) is sitting in a full line of CC (0% uptime). And seriously, who enjoys sitting in CC for 20 seconds straight? No one. Terrible game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post

In all fairness i didnt think that till tonight. when i played two or three unbelievable monks. with there disarm there slow/root there leg sweep then there stun. they can single handily shut someone down. granted this is all just in 2s...we all know they dont balance 2s. but even if i was to trinket the stun at the end. his teammate would use one of there CCs and my pally can only get me out of so much. again this is all personal opinion. as a warrior i can blanket silence pallys enough and break there bubble to land a kill.. on a monk i just cant catch them and stick on them[COLOR="red"]
    There are over 16 times more paladins than monks in the top 50 3v3 arena.
    Monk nerfs are the last thing needed for pvp balance of any kind.