Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Healers are fine when your have all cooldowns and buffs rolling but are unstoppable if you don't. I've killed plenty of healers with incarnation, vigil, trinket and ravage spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    There are over 16 times more paladins than monks in the top 50 3v3 arena.
    Monk nerfs are the last thing needed for pvp balance of any kind.
    There are also ~4x more paladins than monks in the game.

Healers are good enough in 3v3. If you can kill a healer as a single dps, what is that healer going to do in 3s? When they go ahaed and just make healers killable to almost any dps like in 4.3 then we will again start seeing triple dps comps.

Healers don't belong in current PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I hate the arguement (mostly people playing healers) saying you are horribad because you don't know how to interrupt or cc a healer. No that's not the case for me, the case is a bg like WSG or any bg that's not a 40 man you get 30% or more of your team are healers and its dumb for 2 reasons 1) when 3 healers pretty much stick together all they are doing is bouncing heals off each other or say dispels so its almost impossible to lock down the healing not to make it OP. Yeah arenas its much simpler if because its never double healers, unless some team does some unconvential bullcrap. 2) of course for random's I am pretty much playing you will get one side again say with muliple healers and your side may have none or one, which kinda brings me back to my first point of healers just bouncing heals off each other.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Healers don't belong in current PvP.
    Agree because they made healing so dumb ass simple. I mean every heal has some type of hot or way to proc instant cast you can't interrupt and mana regen is crazy that its almost endless mana pools. At least they gave a kinda small cd to dispels, where that used to be able to just be spammed.

10+ Year Old Account
    R Shamans are the only healers I'm having trouble with.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Deleted
    yes healers are op , i was in arena last night with a war and me ( hunter ) yes our dmg is sick i know don't comment on that.

we cced the healer for a 3sec CC from the war , ofc he trinkets and then i silence shot him caus i used my ice trap for the feral druid ( note this is a Hpala / Feral druid against bm hunter / arms war ) so we got the druid to 120k hp and we are soon on a kill for the druid , in less then a second the druid goes from 100k hp to 330k hp and ofc within a few secs he was back to 230k , out of no where ( really since when can they do this ? ) the druid gets BUBBLE , not hand of protection , not hand of sacrfifice or what ever u think , no he got bubble and is IMMUNE for my and the war dmgs , what do u know ? the pala isn't even on 50 or 40% of his mana nope still at 90%.

all our burst is on CD , all our CC was on CD and we got burned out after 7min of full burst / CC on those 2 , and ofc i got killed ( stampede / spirit mend CD)

my point beeing ;

how in the name of fucking god , can a healer heal a druid who gets burned down by a war and a hunter go from 120k to 330k in less then 1-3 sec...after beeing 2times cced ( yes i / the war forgot the 3th caus the druid was almost down and we focussed on the druid then )

i sign up , nerf healer a little bit for burst healing , ofc a healer should be able to heal his partner , but not from 1-3 sec from 120k to 330k and be like " gonna make a sandwich call me when ur on 120k hp again and i heal u in 3sec"

i should be more like ,

druids on 120k ,

pala heals druid goes to 190k , druid takes dmg goes down to 150k , pala heals and goes from 150k to 200k and so on , so the pala has a little bit of a challenge.

and yes this is in 2v2 and i know it's unbalanced and blablabla and yes we we're the 2 most op classes atm but thats not the point here , even if we nuked the pala he would bubble and be like hmm gonna heal myself within 3sec to full HP and laugh at u caus ur burst is on CD.

and this is not the only issue with them , if u do a random bg or a RBG u got to focus the healers allways , why not go on the dps and give the healers a struggle to heal them ? if i dmg a dude in a bg , and he goes from 320k to 280k then to 250k then to 200 then to 150k and he is almost dead , what do u know ? a healer comes allong heals him to 320k and walks away whisteling and be like fuck u cya!

so yes , i would like a little nerf to them , don't nerf um to bad so they can't heal but give um a challenge.

my 2 cents

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    yes healers are op , i was in arena last night with a war and me ( hunter ) yes our dmg is sick i know don't comment on that.

we cced the healer for a 3sec CC from the war , ofc he trinkets and then i silence shot him caus i used my ice trap for the feral druid ( note this is a Hpala / Feral druid against bm hunter / arms war ) so we got the druid to 120k hp and we are soon on a kill for the druid , in less then a second the druid goes from 100k hp to 330k hp and ofc within a few secs he was back to 230k , out of no where ( really since when can they do this ? ) the druid gets BUBBLE , not hand of protection , not hand of sacrfifice or what ever u think , no he got bubble and is IMMUNE for my and the war dmgs , what do u know ? the pala isn't even on 50 or 40% of his mana nope still at 90%.

all our burst is on CD , all our CC was on CD and we got burned out after 7min of full burst / CC on those 2 , and ofc i got killed ( stampede / spirit mend CD)

my point beeing ;

how in the name of fucking god , can a healer heal a druid who gets burned down by a war and a hunter go from 120k to 330k in less then 1-3 sec...after beeing 2times cced ( yes i / the war forgot the 3th caus the druid was almost down and we focussed on the druid then )

i sign up , nerf healer a little bit for burst healing , ofc a healer should be able to heal his partner , but not from 1-3 sec from 120k to 330k and be like " gonna make a sandwich call me when ur on 120k hp again and i heal u in 3sec"

i should be more like ,

druids on 120k ,

pala heals druid goes to 190k , druid takes dmg goes down to 150k , pala heals and goes from 150k to 200k and so on , so the pala has a little bit of a challenge.

and yes this is in 2v2 and i know it's unbalanced and blablabla and yes we we're the 2 most op classes atm but thats not the point here , even if we nuked the pala he would bubble and be like hmm gonna heal myself within 3sec to full HP and laugh at u caus ur burst is on CD.

and this is not the only issue with them , if u do a random bg or a RBG u got to focus the healers allways , why not go on the dps and give the healers a struggle to heal them ? if i dmg a dude in a bg , and he goes from 320k to 280k then to 250k then to 200 then to 150k and he is almost dead , what do u know ? a healer comes allong heals him to 320k and walks away whisteling and be like fuck u cya!

so yes , i would like a little nerf to them , don't nerf um to bad so they can't heal but give um a challenge.

my 2 cents
    Have your warrior friend shatter the bubble and fear the pala. then ranged throw silence and its a job done. I think your team actually made the mistakes here and not that healers are OP. I bet the pala popped al cooldowns to keep the OP damage war/hunter can do healable. (I play War myself)

Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post

my point beeing ;

i should be more like ,

druids on 120k ,

my 2 cents

You got to be kidding me. A warrior combined with a hunter can rape any healer apart. Obv a l2p issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Warriors and their 1 man army illusions....

You shouldn't be able to kill a healer solo even in 2vs2 you should have help from your healer partner
    Yes yes you should, and guess what THAT WAS ONCE THE CASE! 1 Dps COULD beat a healer! believe it! Now healers have inbuilt mechanics that make it possible for the worst of players to survive any 1v1 and if geared, moderately skilled dps wont even be capable of killing them in numbers. It. Is. Ridiculous. Being a healer should be HARD, it's NOT, being a dps should be HARD, but not fucking impossible just because heeyy you're 1 player, you cant beat this player cos hes healer. It's pathetic design and it dumbs down, slows down and makes gameplay more BORING and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Yes yes you should, and guess what THAT WAS ONCE THE CASE! 1 Dps COULD beat a healer! believe it! Now healers have inbuilt mechanics that make it possible for the worst of players to survive any 1v1 and if geared, moderately skilled dps wont even be capable of killing them in numbers. It. Is. Ridiculous. Being a healer should be HARD, it's NOT, being a dps should be HARD, but not fucking impossible just because heeyy you're 1 player, you cant beat this player cos hes healer. It's pathetic design and it dumbs down, slows down and makes gameplay more BORING and pointless.
    Several classes are capable of killing a healer on their own. For most it's not likely given equal skill and gear, but a few stand out, and a bad healer will actually lose to quite a few classes. There certainly aren't any passive immortality mechanics. I think you're just getting mad and calling every healer you encounter bad. Contrary to popular opinion, you can't survive anything with just a riptide or rejuvenation. Really though, how much skill is there in 1v1 anyway? The real skill in PvP is predicting (or at least quickly observing) multiple opponents and working out realtime strategy. Mashing your few rotational damage abilities really doesn't make you any better than that healer you can't kill.

What makes gameplay slow and boring is cooldown dependency. I'd much rather have high sustained damage with cooldowns as a smaller push. Right now, with no cooldowns up damage-dealers are pretty close to useless. If you can't burst someone down with every cooldown, you have to fart around and wait several minutes to try again.

P.S. I'll give you that playing a damage-dealer in high-end arena is a little tougher than healing, but that wasn't your argument.

With the up coming changes to warriors throw alone. looks like we will be come a free kill again on any caster team

Deleted
    The PVP game is not balanced around 1on1, you should know this before making this thread.

Healers are predominately balanced around 3v3, thus they need to be powerful enough to make sure this bracket has matches that last more than 12 seconds. BM Hunters and Warriors were the only classes that broke this and thus broke the game and got nerfed for it

Without powerful healers, you have WotLK'd, the worst PvP era in WoW history, the game was absolute garbage at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Yes yes you should, and guess what THAT WAS ONCE THE CASE! 1 Dps COULD beat a healer! believe it!
    No reason to believe it as i and many others witnessed it, if 1 dpser can beat a healer on his own then the entire 3v3 and 5v5 bracket is dead, done, kaput.

You need to understand where and how the game is being balanced, yes you are less worth as a PvP dpser than a PvP healer, that is your role.

It is clear that you simply cannot grasp and see the entire game and arena as a whole, instead you are focusing solely on your own class and your own little experiences, you could not kill a few healers and therefore let us change this and kill arenas off. Insane
    Last edited by mmoc801388ae7f; 2012-10-25 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, healers are OP. The only ones that can kill them are warriors and hunters

Healing in general is crazy. Definitely need to get rid of these passive heals for non-healers. You should at least have to sacrifice damage for healing.
    I like sandwiches

They said they would take care of off healing, don't know what they will do. But by the way, lets not forget about warriors and hunters for a second. I will absolutely never again trust blizzard about any of their product after this hunter mess. It is a big failure that this got past beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Healers are good enough in 3v3. If you can kill a healer as a single dps, what is that healer going to do in 3s? When they go ahaed and just make healers killable to almost any dps like in 4.3 then we will again start seeing triple dps comps.
    Heaven forbid not having a healer in 3v3.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    The PVP game is not balanced around 1on1, you should know this before making this thread.

Healers are predominately balanced around 3v3, thus they need to be powerful enough to make sure this bracket has matches that last more than 12 seconds. BM Hunters and Warriors were the only classes that broke this and thus broke the game and got nerfed for it

Without powerful healers, you have WotLK'd, the worst PvP era in WoW history, the game was absolute garbage at that time.

No reason to believe it as i and many others witnessed it, if 1 dpser can beat a healer on his own then the entire 3v3 and 5v5 bracket is dead, done, kaput.

You need to understand where and how the game is being balanced, yes you are less worth as a PvP dpser than a PvP healer, that is your role.

It is clear that you simply cannot grasp and see the entire game and arena as a whole, instead you are focusing solely on your own class and your own little experiences, you could not kill a few healers and therefore let us change this and kill arenas off. Insane
    So basically.

healers should require the full focus of the entire team to take down, but should be able to tank one GOOD DPSer ad infinitum? So basically a DPSer could chain stuns, silences and interrupts on the one healer.. and under your logic, the healer should always win out?

Why not just bring two healers one DPS?

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 12:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lavidaloca View Post
    You got to be kidding me. A warrior combined with a hunter can rape any healer apart. Obv a l2p issue here.
    So the two most broken and obviously out of place things can break the SECOND most glaring and broken things in PvP!

The more you know!

Seriously instead of complaining here, go learn the basics. Shaman can't be killed 1v1. Druid is also almost impossible to kill 1v1. Monks are hard too. You should be able to kill paladins and priests 1v1. Get used to it.

I am pretty sure most of the QQ here comes from random bg players and people who just play 2v2 to cap. If you can't kill a healer in a bg, just go nuts with berserking bl and stuff or just cc that healer and run. If you can't kill a healer in 2s, your healer should help you dps (heart of the wild, denounce, smite holy fire, fire elemental stormlash, purge.) If none of these work, check your damage at the end of the game. Your damage done is probably the problem.

Deleted
    Seriously instead of complaining here, go learn the basics. Shaman can't be killed 1v1. Druid is also almost impossible to kill 1v1. Monks are hard too. You should be able to kill paladins and priests 1v1. Get used to it.

I am pretty sure most of the QQ here comes from random bg players and people who just play 2v2 to cap. If you can't kill a healer in a bg, just go nuts with berserking bl and stuff or just cc that healer and run. If you can't kill a healer in 2s, your healer should help you dps (heart of the wild, denounce, smite holy fire, fire elemental stormlash, purge.) If none of these work, check your damage at the end of the game. The problem is %99 about that.
    I think it's more likely coming from people who dislike Healers being the deciding factor in PvP. In every facet of the PvP Scene it's dominated by Healers and how THEY work.

Right now it's actually bursty enough for people to not need healers as much, but people whine about this because they can't EZ mode their way through as a healer.

Let's admit it, being a healer is the easiest option if you remove stuff like BM Hunters and Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I think it's more likely coming from people who dislike Healers being the deciding factor in PvP. In every facet of the PvP Scene it's dominated by Healers and how THEY work.

Right now it's actually bursty enough for people to not need healers as much, but people whine about this because they can't EZ mode their way through as a healer.

Let's admit it, being a healer is the easiest option if you remove stuff like BM Hunters and Warriors.
    Playing a healer is not that easy.. when your enemy knows how to play.If you don't know what your dps partners need to know about the enemy team, you are not a good healer. I don't really understand your argument about how healers are the deciding factor btw. If you are talking about healers in general..ok ; but most of the comps are decided by their dps and can be played with any healer. If you are bothered with every team having a healer.. nobody likes games that last 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend
    healers should require the full focus of the entire team to take down
    Healers don't require the full focus of an entire team. You just need to interrupt them and throw some cc to get damage going on. If in 3s you just target your target and focus the healer, you are going to have a bad time.. If your entire team has to focus on the healer to kill them, that is your problem.

Deleted
    Playing a healer is not that easy.. when your enemy knows how to play.If you don't know what your dps partners need to know about the enemy team, you are not a good healer. I don't really understand your argument about how healers are the deciding factor btw. If you are talking about healers in general..ok ; but most of the comps are decided by their dps and can be played with any healer. If you are bothered with every team having a healer.. nobody likes games that last 15 seconds.

Healers don't require the full focus of an entire team. You just need to interrupt them and throw some cc to get damage going on. If in 3s you just target your target and focus the healer, you are going to have a bad time.. If your entire team has to focus on the healer to kill them, that is your problem.
    Let me put this into simple terms.

PvP is not about killing your opponent, it's about your healer getting more healing off than the other guys healer, as a byproduct you die, but really, once your healer dies, you're useless. So many Arena matches have landed where it's a DPS and a healer left, and the DPS can do NOTHING, no matter how skilled, no matter how much he chains his skills to burst and then control. He'll lose, it's actually a big thing to kill a healer solo.

People complain about DPS self healing when honestly, It is alright, it extends the periods that DPS can stay up by themselves.

PvP should not be based on how you handle the Healer ONLY, it should be based on full team management.