Thread: Blood DK in PvP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blood DK in PvP

Hi guys

I want to play Blood DK in PvP since my primary function here will be tanking our RBG´s.
    I would love to hear any tips/tricks and experiences you have regarding blood DK PvP in Pandaria.
    Also I havent been able to find any guides to Blood PvP. A link would be much appreciated.

Thanks alot

If you are looking to get higher ratings, you cannot just have a blood spec. 80% of the time youll be getting non fc maps, and youll be required to go frost. As far as "blood tips" go, always try to be near a pillar so you can LOS damage. Taunt pets when your going around corners so u can get free Death Strikes. Dont wait until your taking damage to death strike, get that blood shield going. If you are about to get blown up, trinket and run. Protect your healer, dont just stand there while there is 2 melee chasing him, if he dies just a matter of time before they get you. Pay attention to where your team is, if 1/2 ur team is dead after a wipe, dont sit in the flag room waiting.. go to your graveyard and wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    If you are looking to get higher ratings, you cannot just have a blood spec. 80% of the time youll be getting non fc maps, and youll be required to go frost. As far as "blood tips" go, always try to be near a pillar so you can LOS damage. Taunt pets when your going around corners so u can get free Death Strikes. Dont wait until your taking damage to death strike, get that blood shield going. If you are about to get blown up, trinket and run. Protect your healer, dont just stand there while there is 2 melee chasing him, if he dies just a matter of time before they get you. Pay attention to where your team is, if 1/2 ur team is dead after a wipe, dont sit in the flag room waiting.. go to your graveyard and wait.
    Thanks for the tips Iam am planning to go frost/unholy aswell since my team wont need a tank in every BG (as you said).
    Think ill go frost as my 2.nd spec. It seems like they are in a pretty good spot atm.

yep pop unholy blight+pillar of frost and just watch people drop

It's pretty amazing atm since people are undergeared so you can actually kill them. I'm usually top dmg/hks and sometimes even healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    It's pretty amazing atm since people are undergeared so you can actually kill them. I'm usually top dmg/hks and sometimes even healing.
    Refering to blood or frost here?

Blood.

However frost is also amazing. Does stupid high damage and amazing for hard switches.

Deleted
    Blood.

However frost is also amazing. Does stupid high damage and amazing for hard switches.
    Sweet. Are you playing blood/frost yourself? Is it possible that you can give me an armory link so I can see how you spec/gem/enchant etc.?
    Would be cool

For Frost:

Spec:

Unholy Blight
    Lichborne
    Chillbains
    Death Pact
    RE
    Winter

Glyphs:

Dark Succor
    AMS
    Icy Touch

3% Exp > 3% hit > PVP Power > Str > Resil > Haste > Mastery > Crit

For Frost:

Spec:

Unholy Blight
    Lichborne
    Chillbains
    Death Pact
    RE
    Winter

Glyphs:

Dark Succor
    AMS
    Icy Touch

I'm rolling with what this guy has here. RM is particularly good... have trouble on Warrior that loljump away from me, other DKs counter it with IBF or AMS, and there's no chance in hell I'm keeping a druid within it (all on 1v1 situations ofc). But it's damn good. I'm surprised at how relatively easy I can get mages with it.

For Frost:

Spec:

Unholy Blight
    Lichborne
    Chillbains
    Death Pact
    RE
    Winter

Glyphs:

Dark Succor / Shifting Precenses
    AMS
    Icy Touch / Shifting Precenses

Glyph of Shifting Precenses is very very very very very very very very very very very very good.

Survivability while still being able to do some good damage.

I switch precense all the time when other players pop CD's. Awesome survivability as frost DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Glyph of Shifting Precenses is very very very very very very very very very very very very good.

Survivability while still being able to do some good damage.

I switch precense all the time when other players pop CD's. Awesome survivability as frost DK.
    Thanks for the tip

Deleted
    I have no clue about arenas these days, and I doubt blood is useful anywhere in an arena, and I also haven't gotten into rated battlegrounds yet, but as far as random battlegrounds and being out and about in Pandaria, my blood DK is pretty much immortal.

Sure, with a 2900DPS crap sword I'm not bursting anyone to death, but I can handle any low-healing class, even warriors despite Second Wind being so powerful, and I pretty much can't die to any class 1v1. Yesterday I was killing a 4 million health tornado rare, and got 2 million health off him whilst being attacked by four people. On random battlegrounds I usually run into groups of five just out of curiosity to see if they can even scratch me.

Popping cooldowns one after another (fort, health, tap heal, banner, boner, lich+heals, AMB, death strikes, conversion, healthstone if you have it, pot if you can spare any, and anything I just forgot) will keep me alive through quite the assault. With half a million health buffed my DS + absorb gives me a good 100-120K per use assuming I've taken damage, and a minimum of 70000-75000 depending on how high my mastery is (110% IIRC).

Being completely unkillable in 1v1 with still an ability to deal damage does give you a certain security in attacking whoever you want out there in the world, and on random battlegrounds flag running and base defense is a breeze. Just waiting to get my 3500 dps axe...

Again, no idea about rateds though, assuming BDK's are useless there.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-10-26 at 10:31 AM.

Yeah, fair useless compared to how good Prot Warriors.

Death Strike now only heals based on the damage you have sustained from non-player sources.

WTF is that? Really now... WTF

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now we can't kill things AND our primary tanking mechanic is disabled...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, lets say that in a PvP environment a blood dk could pull 30k dps against geared targets.
    Thats 150k damage under 5 seconds
    150k*20%=30k heal

If you have 450k health it is 450k*7%=31,5k heal.

Whats the deal?

I really cannot understand the reasoning they disable Blood from PvP. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    Well, lets say that in a PvP environment a blood dk could pull 30k dps against geared targets.
    Thats 150k damage under 5 seconds
    150k*20%=30k heal

If you have 450k health it is 450k*7%=31,5k heal.

Whats the deal?
    Unless we're talking about tanks or IoC/AV bosses, there's no way in hell any Blood DK would pull 30k dps on any player. But when I do roll blood PvP (I don't do it often) I think I get up to 50-60k heals with 420k hp (DPS PvP gear) Big nerf...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well blood FCs should gem for tanking, go for stamina and it is not that big nerf.