Deleted

Rogues are no longer unique

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you guys my opinion of some of the abilities other classes have and how it bothers me how rogues are no longer unique anymore.

Every class as of now has rogue abilities that are even better than ours.. for example..

- Priests have vanish and sprint.
    - Hunters have camouflage ( our stealth ) but you can't sap them or attack them from ranged and they can move aswell and get stealthers out of stealth easily.
    - Feral druids have prowl and dash ( which is better than our sprint because it clears all movement speed impairing effects and it lasts longer) and they also have some sort of vanish now and shadowstep basically.
    - Paladins now have blind, but a better one since its AoE.

And the list goes on..

The last couple of years rogues had abilities that were really unique and gamebreaking compared to other classes, it was fun. Now every class can do what we can do and it's kind of dissapointing, I want to hear what you guys think of this and if it's a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion?

Thanks for listening

This is the way the game is moving now and i dont think it will stop, my advice ? adapt to it or stop playing to save yourself for more grief.

It's not a problem of uniqueness. It's more like we see other classes getting some of our tricks, while we don't get anything new and are still locked into a "spam SS then eviscerate" rotation from vanilla.

I can understand developers pov when they say "rogues are working well even if they have an old design, so putting hands on them is difficult and can be gamebreaking". But all i see is that some classes had a major overhaul like warlocks, and we get Shadow Blades.

Dammit, at least try to do something - i'd prefer a broken class but with the option of go ahead and fix it or turn back, not the same old "rogues are fine" song.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Homogenization is bad.

I wrote up a huge story about how I saw this a few years ago with rogue pvp... they weren't even kings of stuns anymore - or vanish - WTF? but who needs it.... in the end Ignotus is right and that's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    no class is unique anymore, pick one you like and have fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Realms View Post
    Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you guys my opinion of some of the abilities other classes have and how it bothers me how rogues are no longer unique anymore.

Every class as of now has rogue abilities that are even better than ours.. for example..

- Priests have vanish and sprint.
    - Hunters have camouflage ( our stealth ) but you can't sap them or attack them from ranged and they can move aswell and get stealthers out of stealth easily.
    - Feral druids have prowl and dash ( which is better than our sprint because it clears all movement speed impairing effects and it lasts longer) and they also have some sort of vanish now and shadowstep basically.
    - Paladins now have blind, but a better one since its AoE.

And the list goes on..

The last couple of years rogues had abilities that were really unique and gamebreaking compared to other classes, it was fun. Now every class can do what we can do and it's kind of dissapointing, I want to hear what you guys think of this and if it's a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion?

Thanks for listening
    oke so called priest vanaish is not even close to a real vanish. because it only last for 6 sec or 3 direct hits on your"decoy". and doesn't bring you out of combat. so you could never reset a fight with it. and with sprint you mean the feathers? come on you can't even compaire them. and both use a talent.

hunters camouflage. is nice. but it also lowers your movement speed by 50%. and uses a glyph. would not say its better per say. its diffrent.

feral druids prowl lowers there movement speed. they can increase it they can't take the vanish anymore. and also the vanish doesn't remove combat. nor have they a way to cleare dots on them. and the dash has a 3m cooldown vs a 1m cooldown. in the end rogue wins it(pure sprint/dash based) so again not better.

paladins have a aoe blind. and it only last for 6 sec. and need melee range. and no way to remove pre placed dots on them.

so basicly you whine alot. and think there better. but in the end there not.

and rogue not unique? tell me 1 class/spec that allows you to attack a player while your still in stealth.
    or a class that can reset a fight to many time to even count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    Homogenization is bad.
    It's been happening since the release of 3.0 and it was indeed the day WoW had gone to shit...well it's still a good game, just not as good as it used to be.

Deleted
    Innovation is the way companies have to move forward, In Blizzards case they have to give classes new spells to satisfy the customers; unfortunately, a lot of those spells are revamped rogue spells in a lot of cases, it's sad because uniqueness in this game is lost - But, at the end of the day no one forces you to play.

Deleted
    Hey, atleast we have pickpocket!

Inb4 Warrior gets its latest ability "Bully": Finds the nearest rogue and steals their lunch money. Because if it were any other class they could do something to stop it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zark View Post
    Inb4 Warrior gets its latest ability "Bully": Finds the nearest rogue and steals their lunch money. Because if it were any other class they could do something to stop it.
    That's a Rogue ability actually.

Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-10-24 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamozzle View Post
    no class is unique anymore, pick one you like and have fun...
    I don't think the problem is rogues not being unique (the OP does, but I don't lol)

the problem is that other classes are getting more powerful versions of classic rogue skills, while rogues themselves aren't getting anything.

as blizz said on tweeter:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't know about "boring." I think some classes got stronger versions of things the rogue has.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Warriors almost have Kidney Shot, and their AoE fear will be on the same recast as our Blind.

Hunters basically get Sprint every time they disengage, except it removes all snares and movement impairing effects. Must be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I don't think the problem is rogues not being unique (the OP does, but I don't lol)

the problem is that other classes are getting more powerful versions of classic rogue skills, while rogues themselves aren't getting anything.

as blizz said on tweeter:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't know about "boring." I think some classes got stronger versions of things the rogue has.
    LOL, when I saw this blue post......I seriously thought to myself........uhhh wtf!! Ultimately they are saying we aren't unique anymore.....which really doesn't bug me if we are defining rogues being unique by having stuns and stealth etc. I'm totally down with other classes having stuns, the hunters getting a perma stealth glyph, resto shamans having prowl with druid symbiosis.....stuff like that, but I do have a problem when they force us to choose from shadowstep, and prep (and a prep that isn't nearly what it was wayyyy back).....while giving lets say mages, blink and ice block regardless of the spec. It feels like they have no idea wtf to give rogues in general, so they are just filling stuff with complete shit (like Shurkien Toss, and adding Paralytic Poison with the new one non-lethal/lethal poison setup), or just ignoring the fact. Prior to the CD nerf to shadowstep, taking evasion off prep, and cloak of shadows getting pushed to 2mins regardless of spec i felt rogues had been insanely awesome, and strong......not insanely OP since u could still get rolled depending on who you fought etc, but still I don't see any need to have changed that shit.....maybe back then, but not with all these other classes getting what they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's not a problem of uniqueness. It's more like we see other classes getting some of our tricks, while we don't get anything new and are still locked into a "spam SS then eviscerate" rotation from vanilla.

I can understand developers pov when they say "rogues are working well even if they have an old design, so putting hands on them is difficult and can be gamebreaking". But all i see is that some classes had a major overhaul like warlocks, and we get Shadow Blades.

Dammit, at least try to do something - i'd prefer a broken class but with the option of go ahead and fix it or turn back, not the same old "rogues are fine" song.
    very well said.

we are losing everything that makes us special, for what trade off? shadowblades? crimson tempest?

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    very well said.

we are losing everything that makes us special, for what trade off? shadowblades? crimson tempest?
    don't forget having to use 2/6 of our talent points do do any kind of damage from range, while hunters get their min range removed so they can do 100% damage regardless of position.

Deleted
    Rogue is basically a druid with only feral specialization available.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    don't forget having to use 2/6 of our talent points do do any kind of damage from range, while hunters get their min range removed so they can do 100% damage regardless of position.
    Lol, some silly posts here but this is my fave, So what? You rolled a MELEE class, deal with it

Seeing some pretty poor comparisons here=/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as mentioned before, we rogues are "fine". But what I think Blizz means is that we are the perfect class to develop other classes abilities around. So when a druid learns a new form of vanish, or a priest the ability to go stealth, think of it as an honor and say "Hey, it is thanks to my perfect class that you can do that sh*t"... Hope the day comes when rogues learn flash heal or PW: shield or spellsteal...... But for now, smokebombs away!