Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Bcause its so difficult to go and spend 5-10% of your play time to produce the cash flow necessary to PvP.

    Lordy, what is the MMO community coming to these days.
    Yeah i get to play an hour maybe 2 per day if that, so yeah 5-10% would amount to nothing and like i would wanna spend the little time i have to play doing that and then not being able to do what i play the game for

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkeoughjr View Post
    i know ill get flamed somehow like its my fault blah blah
    I love how the guy says this and sure enough the first few posts are some random dbags flaming and calling it his own fault.

    But yeah the guys right, everything outside of pvp gives a gold reward, why doesn't pvp give a gold reward?

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkeoughjr View Post
    Yeah i get to play an hour maybe 2 per day if that, so yeah 5-10% would amount to nothing and like i would wanna spend the little time i have to play doing that and then not being able to do what i play the game for
    Oh well. If you can't take 1 hour out of a 10 hour/week play schedule to produce cash, perhaps MMOs like WoW are not for you.

    You can't make everyone happy. Unfortunately, its most difficult in this day and age of soft players.

    As a raider, all I want to do is defeat bosses the first couple of times where they pose some form of difficulty. Can I log in and only do what I want? Nope, I have to spend about 1/2 of my time doing other things.

    I'm happy, though. I used to spend 80% of my time prepping for raids in Vanilla.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Oh well. If you can't take 1 hour out of a 10 hour/week play schedule to produce cash, perhaps MMOs like WoW are not for you.

    You can't make everyone happy. Unfortunately, its most difficult in this day and age of soft players.
    Nothing to do about that, why cant i do what i like and produce cash, while all the non pvpers can therefore ur point is invalid

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 12:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I love how the guy says this and sure enough the first few posts are some random dbags flaming and calling it his own fault.

    But yeah the guys right, everything outside of pvp gives a gold reward, why doesn't pvp give a gold reward?
    Lol tell me about it, gotta love people that think inside the box and only about what they do and noone elses point, thanks

  5. #85
    If I were you, I wouldn't look at quests and dailies solely as pve and say it's normal that we should do that because we're PVE'ers.
    Look at it as "the world".
    You want to have fun so you do PVP and we want to have fun so we PVE (fe. raid) = having fun with your friends and going to a bar or something.
    To be able to go to a bar you need money, so you go out in the world and find a job to make money = doing quests or grind mobs to be able to buy the gems/enchants
    Not everyone likes to go to work, but keep in mind you can go have fun later... Even in half an hour you can make some quick bucks.

    Do I enjoy questing and dailies? Certainly not. But in order to get the best recipes we need to get to honored or revered with factions to be able to buy those recipes.
    And yes we get money from it, but that's not really the way to make money.
    From the moment I get those reputations up I will be smiling because I will never ever have to do those reps again (will have to grind them on several characters to get the needed recipes) and then I will hopefully profit from those recipes because I'll be able to sell those to other players on AH.

    Remember start of cata? as a PVE'er in a small guild, it was impossible to get Maelstrom Chrystals from raid bosses, because we simply weren't good enough at that time and if we managed to kill a boss, the gear would be too beneficial to disenchant.
    As a PVP'er you could get your weekly points maxed in a couple of hours tops by doing arena and then go buy an epic item and disenchant it and sell it for tons on AH.
    There are always ways to make money using the things you like... (you might want to check out some money making guides...)

    As stated before, raiding IS more time consuming and expensive than doing PVP: farm rep for better enchants,... farm herbs for flasks, farm food for feasts (i won't go into the fact that after 2 hours of progression raiding our repairs or WAY higher than pvp'ers since you won't grasp it...)

    Would I mind that you get money for a daily/weekly BG or arena? why would I?
    Would I mind not getting money from quests or raids? Not really, I don't enjoy questing anyways and it's not like a raid is giving me enough money to cover the bills. It is costing me money before we've even started the raid...

    If we would only raid and not do the quests (which we don't want to do maybe...) or go grind stuff to sell, we wouldn't even be able to "survive" a weekly raid.
    There are enough ways to make money and even if you don't like it, don't blame PVE'ers, we don't all like dailies, quests,... but it's part of the game.
    If u want money, you have to work for it, that's the way everything works sadly...

    good luck getting rich it's easier than it looks

  6. #86
    Monetary rewards from arena similar to that of raiding
    By "monetary rewards" do you mean spending a few thousand gold per night per player ...?

  7. #87
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    17,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkeoughjr View Post
    Nothing to do about that, why cant i do what i like and produce cash, while all the non pvpers can therefore ur point is invalid
    Because your assumption that all non-PvPers can is outright false. It's something you made up to manufacture a nonexistent issue to QQ about.

    There's a reason I have alts to shuffle ore and the like. Because progression raiding costs money, it doesn't make money.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkeoughjr View Post
    Nothing to do about that, why cant i do what i like and produce cash, while all the non pvpers can therefore ur point is invalid

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 12:45 PM ----------



    Lol tell me about it, gotta love people that think inside the box and only about what they do and noone elses point, thanks
    Nobody likes dailies -.- you do them to make money.
    I play the game in all aspects and do see the problem (I started playing again at the end of cata and purely PVP'd and found myself with small amounts of cash) but that being said, it was doable. You only have to do a few dailies to make up for the cash you lose in BG's. Giving Cash for BG's is not the right answer unless its like a very very small amount.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because progression raiding costs money, it doesn't make money.
    This, time and time again.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  10. #90
    OK guys...I have the solution...Make PVP dailies and give all good PVP gear a requirement with new pvp factions.
    That way PVP people have to do dailies to make the money. (Obviously I am not being serious...Just trying to get some people to understand nobody likes dailies.)

  11. #91
    Posts like this don't make any sense. We all spend a certain amount of time waiting for our dungeons, bg's, or arenas to pop, but people complain that during this time, they don't want to gather, craft, work the AH, run dailies, or engage in any sort of WoW activity at all in order to generate funds to pay for whatever they need.

    Making gold in WoW really take so little effort that when you complain that it's too much work, I really don't know what to say.

    Like others have said, raiding costs money, gear enhancements cost money, food costs money. There isn't getting out of it: we all have to do something to earn gold. Fortunately, like i said, it's trivial to do so.
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-10-23 at 05:08 PM.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Because that wouldn't make people want to bot even more right?
    maybe they would actually start banning the pvp bots if they started effecting the economy. oh wait theres still hundreds of bots mining and herbing and they do nothing about it.

  13. #93
    Dailies for gold? lol, never!
    I am raider, I do dailies for specific rewards like charms of fortune, valor points and rep grinding for buying badge gear.
    Money flow from dailies is miserable comparing to gold sinks for progress raiding (flasks, pots, repairs, food, etc etc).

    As for dungeons & other - just clear them for achievements and forget it.

    So, the real ways to make cash are common to pve or pvp:

    1. Play on AH. You can earn 5g or 500000g depends of efforts you investing in it. It's nothing about pve or pvp, its about economy - try to learn it and use it.

    2. Professions - you can make a nice amount of gold with any types - crafting or gathering. "Oh, i need epic recipes form raids or mats dropping from raid bosses!" - you say? Nope, if you learn how to proper handle your profession - you will make gold techically with everything - even with copper ore.

    3. Boosting/helping other players for gold - yep, I know, that many players found it negative, but Blizz said that making virtual gold for selling virtual services (like achievement runs) is legal. So gather a team and boost players for pvp achievements - earn gold just for pvp that you love.

    4. If you do not have time to earn gold, you can invest real money in the game legally - for example, buying loot cards for $ and selling mounts and pets for gold ingame.

    Of course, if you want to earn gold for doing nothing - sorry, that isn't the right way.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    Posts like this don't make any sense. We all spend a certain amount of time waiting for our dungeons, bg's, or arenas to pop, but people complain that during this time, they don't want to gather, craft, work the AH, run dailies, or engage in any sort of WoW activity at all in order to generate funds to pay for whatever they need.

    Making gold in WoW really take so little effort that when you complain that it's too much work, I really don't know what to say.

    Like others have said, raiding costs money, gear enhancements cost money, food costs money. There isn't getting out of it: we all have to do something to earn gold. Fortunately, like i said, it's trivial to do so.
    Bg ques pop in about a minute tops, avrage game is 10-15 minutes, i play an hour or 2 a day IF that so no inbetween i dnt have the time

  15. #95
    You could always think of the AH as another potentially very lucrative form of PvP.

    I do, anyway.

  16. #96
    If someone already posted this, sorry, I didn't read the entire 5 pages of responses.

    I'd just like to point out that several people have said you don't get a repair bill from doing PvP, but this isn't exactly true. You don't get a repair bill from pvp combat and pvp death, but you do get a repair bill from pve combat with npc's and environmental death in battlegrounds. I used to exclusively pvp with my hunter, and gold became a problem, because I would end up needing to repair from dying from shaman blowing me off the ledge, and being killed by NPC's in Alterac Valley.

    I was working two jobs at the time, and could only commit a few hours a day to WoW, all of which I dedicated to battlegrounds and Arena. I personally could care less about gold in WoW, it's really only for luxuries and vanity items outside of flasks/tradeskills, so I think completely removing the repair component to battlegrounds would resolve this issue without increasing the inflation problem.

  17. #97
    The Op says: "Why won;t people open their eyes to another point of view" when he is totally shut down any chance of him doing the same.

    Gold is out there, go earn it. Everyone else has to.

    Choosing to exclude oneself from content is not the Developers fault, the player that does this willingly must know there are consequences. Find an avenue for making Gold, and follow it. That is what all players have to do.

  18. #98
    Dreadlord the0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Zangarmarsh
    Posts
    822
    How About :

    10g a Random BG win.
    25g a Rated BG Win.
    25g a Arena Win.

    Such a small amount wont attact alot of gold farming Bots, Plus even if they flood the BGs they wont win.

    "Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"


  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    we dont need more encouragement for bots

    besides, you can always trade honor for trade goods
    AFAIK they haven't updated the honor trade goods and I've been sitting on 4k honor since the week of release. That's honestly they only thing they need to do.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkeoughjr View Post
    Bg ques pop in about a minute tops, avrage game is 10-15 minutes, i play an hour or 2 a day IF that so no inbetween i dnt have the time
    I wish had a minute dps que in dungeons.

    I am still not understanding why you cannot take one day out the week to farm items for gold. PvE players spend a lot of time farming for mats to do the things they enjoy. What makes Pvpers any different? Saying you don't have enough time to make gold is not fair to the rest of the people that go out and try to make gold using what time ( however little they may have).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •