Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by tseven View Post
    if you do get repair bills the only repair you will need is from standing in org/sw.

    Being killed in pvp and being damaged in pvp does not damage the gear.
    gear loses durability just from being in combat, PvP combat included

  2. #122
    You don't get as much gold because you don't need flasks, repairs (it still gets damaged but not nearly as fast), food buffs etc etc as much as a raider

  3. #123
    To all you saying PvE costs more gold, because of flasks/food/repairs, what are you.. puggers?
    Since Cataclysm there's literally 0 excuse, most guilds (any semi-serious ones) would cover all your repairs, provide flasks and food, maybe potions. Guild's make plenty of gold via cooperation, more than they'll realistically need. After none of your raiders need X BoE gear, if it drops then you sell it and put it in the Gbank. Should be common practice. That's only one of a bunch of ways to fund all your expenses.
    If you're in a high-end guild on your server and wipe/grind over and over til progression is done, then you can just as easily sell runs. People will buy from you.

    I haven't PvP'd enough to have excess honor, but can you not just DE wands like you could for the past couple xpacs? I made a killing with Maelstroms in Cata just PvPing with friends a couple times a day.
    Last edited by runedhill; 2012-10-24 at 10:08 AM. Reason: grammar

  4. #124
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,898
    Well, our gear gets damaged from PvP aswell..
    And we get gold, just start looting those corpses! You'll get an insane amount of... copper >.<

    If daily BG awarded 50g, that would just be another way for the PvErs to get even more gold each day (Just make a team of 5, rolfstomp a BG and make 50g in a couple of minutes).

    The best way I've found to earn gold while you're smapping BGs/Arenas/RBGs is farming proffesions. Pick up mining or herbalism or even both (At the loss of a good proffesion like JC or something with extra stats..), and fly around farming Ghost Iron (You can get like 10 stacks in 10 minutes = 10x150 (Thats the price on my server atm)=1500g each BG queue. (If you get them sold ofc, no need to overflow the AH. And there the "playing the AH comes in aswell".

    There is loads of ways to earn gold, if you're arsed to do it. You got 5-15minutes between every BG to do something else than /Semi-afk in SW/Org you know.. And lets say you do 10 BGs everyday, thats like 2 hours of farming time while waiting.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 10:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    I haven't PvP'd enough to have excess honor, but can you not just DE wands like you could for the past couple xpacs? I made a killing with Maelstroms in Cata just PvPing with friends a couple times a day.
    I've never thought of that :O Time to get all the gear and then start DEing stuff
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

    Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

  5. #125
    Epic! Tearor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Դժոխք
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    gear loses durability just from being in combat, PvP combat included
    Yes, but very little compared to the 10% durability loss every single wipe.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

  6. #126
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Yes, but very little compared to the 10% durability loss every single wipe.
    But then again, we're getting hit all the time. You only get hit when the tank is dead. The only part a progression guild uses gold on repairs is in the beginning, then they start farming the place..

    In PvP we always get hit, we can die like 5-10 times in 20minutes (Thats bad, I usualy lay around 2-3 if the group is decent.)
    I can't say I repair alot though, but as I do both PvE and PvP (The 3 raid nights as PvE and then BGs and daily quests the rest of the week).

    I don't earn much gold from any of these things though. Daily quests give me some gold of course, but not ground braking. Raiding gives me nothing as I'm gearing up and we're wiping on progress. And BGs, well.. Only gold loss.

    But that being said - we've been playing MoP for some time now and I've 3k gold lower than what I was when I dinged 90. I havent done any AH farming or ressource farming, and I've skilled JC and Ench up to max lvl (Go no alt with gathering proffs).

    Gold isn't realy an issue in this game anymore. The only big dumps of gold I get is when I get a new piece, but I got a bunch of enchanting mats after questing. And gems isnt that expensive when you can cut them your self.
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

    Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

  7. #127
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    not sure
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    PvPers already have vastly lower gold requirements; they do not rely on flasks and such, nor do they have to pay for equipment repairs due to deaths. Nor are you expected to be able to focus exclusively on one narrow aspect of the game and enjoy full success.

    There are plenty of ways to make money in this game, even with minimal time to invest.
    I use flasks, potions and everything for PvP.
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  8. #128
    xD I LOVE these threads. Raiders generally have more time to play the game. I'm in weird posistion where I play "casual" hours but still hardcore raid. But I currently don't do as many dailies as I could so my gold dribbles away. But more to my point, if you play 16-20 hours a week don't expect to be loaded with gold also. I only play around 20 hours and earn no gold.. it will run out soon, only got 20k. (After flasks, repairs, food)

    And like said above I spend about a hour of this time AFK, when I used to PVP I would AFK during breaks in SW and do nothing.. this time spent could be 15 mins on the AH and rotate some items and make some easy gold.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    To all you saying PvE costs more gold, because of flasks/food/repairs, what are you.. puggers?
    Since Cataclysm there's literally 0 excuse, most guilds (any semi-serious ones) would cover all your repairs, provide flasks and food, maybe potions. Guild's make plenty of gold via cooperation, more than they'll realistically need. After none of your raiders need X BoE gear, if it drops then you sell it and put it in the Gbank. Should be common practice. That's only one of a bunch of ways to fund all your expenses.
    If you're in a high-end guild on your server and wipe/grind over and over til progression is done, then you can just as easily sell runs. People will buy from you.

    I haven't PvP'd enough to have excess honor, but can you not just DE wands like you could for the past couple xpacs? I made a killing with Maelstroms in Cata just PvPing with friends a couple times a day.
    I forgot, you can't sell RGB rating, you can't sell arena boosting, and you can't be in a guild (who can complete guild challenge from BG, arena and RBG) and get money. I mean if you could, you'd have an answer there. I'll return if I find away for you to make money......
    H.A.T.E.R.S. =► Having. Anger. Towards. Everyone. Reaching. Success.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just pick up mining and put the bars on AH. You will make more than enough to fund PvP gems/enchants/repair, and never have to do dailies.
    He probably considers mining to be a pve activity.... and so isn't something he should have to do.

  11. #131
    Ive had this issue for years now and right now a meta gem is currently 1.2k gold....

    PvErs make gold from boss kills, disenchanted gear, selling greed items ..etc
    We make nothing. Yet we still have to gem/enchant everything with non existent money

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by GiHa View Post
    Ive had this issue for years now and right now a meta gem is currently 1.2k gold....

    PvErs make gold from boss kills, disenchanted gear, selling greed items ..etc
    We make nothing. Yet we still have to gem/enchant everything with non existent money
    Repair costs are higher, PvE players need to use tons of flasks, pots and foodbuffs which you can not use in Arena. So unless you do battlegrounds with flasks, potions and foodbuffs... maybe in rated battlegrounds?

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 11:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Imo it would be cool if you'd get gold instead of honor once you're capped.Not too much gold, something like 50 gold per win, 35 gold per loss, 150g per daily win.
    I would love to step into arena, lose in 30 seconds and gain 35 gold. ;p

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 11:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Not to mention that some servers (no matter how high population) have such a low price on ore, herbs and skins that covering your repair costs is about all you're going to get from posting a few stacks a day. I'm hurting to get enough for Artisan Riding (faster flying) on an alt because I bankrupted myself gearing up for raid and I'm back to "make a living steel bar, post it, collect your 600g for the day, repeat."
    Even that doesn't earn me any gold on my server. Trillium Bar costs are higher than the asking price for Living Steel Bars. I guess that's what you get when idiots play a videogame.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Niuxe View Post
    I forgot, you can't sell RGB rating, you can't sell arena boosting, and you can't be in a guild (who can complete guild challenge from BG, arena and RBG) and get money. I mean if you could, you'd have an answer there. I'll return if I find away for you to make money......
    Arena boosting is almost exclusively done with real money transations, only r1 status PvPers are trusted to do it anyway. How many Rank 1 players do you see running around on your server?
    And yeah, you can do RBGs for the challenge gold, but that goes to the guild. As a PvPer you don't need a guild to fund all your expenses, like you would get as a raider. However, once you do get your gear gemmed and enchanted you're left SOL unless you grind harder than everyone else does. This thread is about individual PvPers and the lack of options they have to make gold this xpac. Did you even read the OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Repair costs are higher, PvE players need to use tons of flasks, pots and foodbuffs which you can not use in Arena.
    Any raiding guild can (and does) cover repair costs, flask costs, food costs. The only thing you might need to dish out for in a raiding guild are potions.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't raiding guilds all have AT LEAST tens of thousands of gold in their bank? 10k is a gross understatement, too.
    Last edited by runedhill; 2012-10-24 at 12:02 PM.

  14. #134
    Banned The Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Merry ol' England.
    Posts
    5,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    PvPers already have vastly lower gold requirements; they do not rely on flasks and such, nor do they have to pay for equipment repairs due to deaths. Nor are you expected to be able to focus exclusively on one narrow aspect of the game and enjoy full success.

    There are plenty of ways to make money in this game, even with minimal time to invest.
    My Guilds Dungeon and Raid farms pay for my repairs and flasks, so thats not really an excuse is it?

  15. #135
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,627
    Amazing misconceptions here.... What have some people playing the whole time? :P

    Dailies are for PVE? Since when is that true?
    Ever since Wrath of the Lich King there is a whole set of Dailies in the game that are flagged as PVP dailies.
    WotLK offered dailies in Grizzly Hill, and Wintergrasp. You were able to make an easy couple hundred gold every day, doing just that.
    You were also able, and still are, to turn in excess honor pts into trade goods. Another source of income.
    The only thing I see as a case is the in my opinion silly decision to make dead enemies empty of loot.
    It was a very nice side income looting bodies in WG for example. That gave an average of 1g per loot.

    In Cata we got Tol Barad, which was also quite a good sized chunk of money from Dailies.
    If I am not mistaken we will get a new PVP Hub in MoP as well.

    Other than that..... The mechanic that Quests, and killing Mobs was always more rewarding is true ever since the very beginnings. Since after TBC (where it was most obvious) they integrated income sources for people who didn't do anything but running BGs and Arena matches.

    A look at PVE however reveals.. A raider who refuses to gain income through any other source than raids, is just as low on money than a PVP'er. Often enough did I hear: "I can not raid tonight, I don't have enough money to cover repairs". The sole reason why they put income for guilds into the game. So the guilds can fund their lazy ass raiders...


    Making money, gaining wealth, is just a complete different aspect of the game.
    Not everyone is wealthy. I just read a blue statement, in regards of raising the money cap on realm transfer toons above 50k.
    It says: There are no plans to change the 50k gold cap. The percentage of players that has over 50k gold is incredibly small.

    I strongly believe, if you want to make money, if you want to be somewhat rich, you have to join the game aspect for it.
    I cannot get good PVP gear without joining that very aspect of grinding the currency needed for it.
    I cannot get shiny PVE gear without joining the very aspect of grinding for it.

    And you cannot get rich, without grinding for it.

    That simple..

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 07:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't raiding guilds all have AT LEAST tens of thousands of gold in their bank? 10k is a gross understatement, too.
    The better they are in progress, the more they have. With the best guilds sitting on millions of gold from achievement runs sold to the realm community.
    100k - 150k for a heroic FL or DS incl mount was absolute within the common charge limits.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-10-24 at 12:25 PM.

  16. #136
    Mechagnome BloodGutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Posts
    614
    At least three people have mentioned buying gems and enchant mats with honor... Either they know something I don't know or they have completely forgotten about the whole MoP patch and that the honor/JP goods vendor still trades Cata mats. Mats are now bought with Spirits of Harmony which drop from PvE mobs or by tillers farm.

    That said, if you're a serious pvper, you would have 2 maxed out profs to grant you their bonuses. If you spent enough time and gold to level those profs, you might as well spend a bit more making shit and selling them. Easy money.

  17. #137
    Loot their insignia's, they got copper in dem corpezzzz

  18. #138
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,466
    What do PvP players need gold for?

  19. #139
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    20,420
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    My Guilds Dungeon and Raid farms pay for my repairs and flasks, so thats not really an excuse is it?
    My guild has repairs open for everyone, even the PvPers. So we're back to "why do PvP players need a special advantage in the gold department" again.

  20. #140
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Kingdom of Lordaeron.
    Posts
    222
    You can easily make god between bgs anyway, however I do think there should be some small gold reward when you kill a player or get a killing blow, maybe 1-5 gold per killing blow, at least that would counteract the gold pve players get, and at the same time add more competition to the battleground. And make you want to be able to play better.

    However what you need I take into account is, pve players have repairs to pay for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •