Levelling spec and quest rewards

So I just started MoP, haven't played since early WotLK and man are there a lot of changes! The one thing I'm noticing is how quest rewards are geared towards whatever spec you are. So my question is, if I want to tank instances as I level should I be running quests as prot so I can get the proper rewards? Or should I just hit the AH for tank gear and level Ret? Thanks for your thoughts!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can change spec just before you turn the quest in and the reward will change appropriately. Additionally, there are vendors in each zone that sell greens for every slot for each spec.

That said, do pay attention to what rewards are being offered to you. Due to the changes in MoP, Prot values Ret gear more highly than pure tank gear.

Deleted
    Now we don´t have to worry about trash gear in our bags ^^

Generally quest would give 3 items, 1 Ret, 1 Prot and 1 Holy it doesn't matter what spec you are when you turn in the quest. Also I tank normals in mostly Ret gear while leveling from 85-90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Generally quest would give 3 items, 1 Ret, 1 Prot and 1 Holy it doesn't matter what spec you are when you turn in the quest. Also I tank normals in mostly Ret gear while leveling from 85-90.
    It gives you a choice between all of them when you get close to 90 (88 or so, but even Mogu'shan Palace's quest rewards were spec-specific). Before that, it only gives you one (or sometimes two), even in dungeons.