Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Going to reiterate what others have said above for 25 - go destro with mannoroth's fury. Have at least one ember going down, RoF on one or two of the bigger clumps, target a spirit close to the center, FnB immolate - FnB incinerate and continue to spam FnB incinerate on the closest ones to the center you can get. You're literally hitting almost every spirit with it and generating insane amounts of embers while doing so. You'll have 2-4 embers coming up, depending on how many spirits there were, to dump on the boss. It's an absolute joke how overpowered destro is for 25 man totems.

for 10 man, make sure you have shards before you go down. I go with a warrior or ret pala, and watch which way he goes around, and i go the other way around, soulburn dots onto 4 adds, kill last with MG and DS, redot everyone else, saving a shard if you can for when you get back upstairs.

moral of the story is save shards!!

and i use mortal coil for this fight, obv saccing voidwalker, in case you do get stuck down there with no healer, so you can get yourself out if need be (for when healers get a doll right before the totem takes you).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infernity View Post
    for 10 man, make sure you have shards before you go down. I go with a warrior or ret pala, and watch which way he goes around, and i go the other way around, soulburn dots onto 4 adds, kill last with MG and DS, redot everyone else, saving a shard if you can for when you get back upstairs.

moral of the story is save shards!!

and i use mortal coil for this fight, obv saccing voidwalker, in case you do get stuck down there with no healer, so you can get yourself out if need be (for when healers get a doll right before the totem takes you).
    You can avoid this by watching timers. Saccing the Void wont save you as it just increases your health pool, it doesn't heal you; and just means there's more damage to heal. Better to take a stack of health potions and use healthstone and Drain Life, but to be honest you might as well wipe it because 'the other guy' probably isn't so well equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday I went down 3 times, did all in all 17M damage in the Shadow realm and 74k DPS on Gara'jal himself (looking WoL).
    Destro is very potent on that fight.

obviously, i am not saying that going down alone is a plan you should be trying to do, but shit happens, sometimes i miss timers, sometimes i don't see who has doll when i'm calling shit on that boss. seems in our team, the only person who can't get himself out is the hunter (although we had a spriest who couldn't either.... seriously, don't ask....).

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    Yesterday I went down 3 times, did all in all 17M damage in the Shadow realm and 74k DPS on Gara'jal himself (looking WoL).
    Destro is very potent on that fight.
    Are these logs correct?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q1...?s=4373&e=4721

Damage done on
    Actor Amount
    Gara'jal the Spiritbinder 23561244 87.5 %
    Shadowy Minion 1489187 5.5 %
    Spirit Totem 1030002 3.8 %
    Severer of Souls 558045 2.1 %

Thats ~2M damage, not 17 lol. I just had to check because it sounded like a lot.

I did around 5.6M while our Doomkin did around 9.5M on our 10 man kill yesterday. It's hard to track though because I just put up agony/corruption on all shadowy minions and usually head back up while many are still alive, so that damage doesn't get tracked.

Deleted
    The logger is probably not going down at the same time as him, so the logs aren't accurate.
    During our tries I was sometimes doing more than 20M as Destro in 4 phases, sadly with more gear there are much less adds now :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    The logger is probably not going down at the same time as him, so the logs aren't accurate.
    During our tries I was sometimes doing more than 20M as Destro in 4 phases, sadly with more gear there are much less adds now :/
    That's insane and something I wish I had time/gear to try out. We had a trial in our raid yesterday making enrage possible so I had to stay Affli and next week there will be 3 raids so we'll just be clearing MSV asap. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post

Yes the lack of adds is kind of a "problem" especially on the second time I'm down (6. totem).

The logs are not at all accurate as that's our Monk-tank who was almost never down at the same time as I was.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fn...?s=3562&e=3910 this is a log of someone who never was in the spirit realm.
    The 17M are from skada, about 16M on the Shadowy Minions and 1M on the Severers. I didn't log myself last night.