Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    where is this 500$ dell with a 1600x900 res screen, i7 cpu, 650m gpu, and in a slim package?.
    Let's face it, no-one is saying "I'll buy the $1900 version because I want to watch my budget", if your spending THAT much on a laptop, you are going to go all out, so what you mean is "wheres this $1000 dell laptop with x 1600x900 screen, i7 cpu, 650m gpu and slim"?, to that I answer.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...en&s=dhs&cs=19

It has a 1920x1080 screen though, shave off the $99 with a 900p screen easily, couldn't be bothered to search to much, you get my point, and remember, "Slimness" is subjective.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-10-23 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Let's face it, no-one is saying "I'll buy the $1900 version because I want to watch my budget", if your spending THAT much on a laptop, you are going to go all out, so what you mean is "wheres this $1000 dell laptop with x 1600x900 screen, i7 cpu, 650m gpu and slim"?, to that I answer.

It has a 1920x1080 screen though, shave off the $99 with a 900p screen easily, couldn't be bothered to search to much, you get my point.
    so you pay for a non IPS screen and huge dimensions in when chosing dell no wonder they are cheaper

i have to agree with inux, that thing is almost damn impressive if you ask me... it would be really nice if you could drop it down to an i5 to save some dough though.
    the display is one of the best out there for a laptop, and probably the best sub-2000$ display.. 650m will be fine for mobile gaming.

also the bang&olfusen speakers with an external mini-sub, how effing cool?
    My thoughts exactly...come home from school, plug it in, and rip some shit up in BF3, Diablo, WoW, Skyrim, LoL, anything...

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I can't play games comfortably on a laptop, so I find find it useless. Pass.

So thin, so powerful, get ready to get burned - literally.
    I actually have the smaller UX32vd right now, and the top gets hot but not the palm rest or the keyboard keys. Also, I prefer to plug a cheap usb keyboard into it so my button-mashing on D3 doesn't ware out the laptop prematurely haha

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 11:49 AM ----------

It has a 1920x1080 screen though, shave off the $99 with a 900p screen easily, couldn't be bothered to search to much, you get my point, and remember, "Slimness" is subjective.
    That thing's fatter than my father, probably weighs as much as it looks, too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    That thing's fatter than my father, probably weighs as much as it looks, too
    It's just over 30mm thick (31.9mm to be exact) and you call this fat?? Hate to see your opinion on Sager laptops...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just over 30mm thick (31.9mm to be exact) and you call this fat?? Hate to see your opinion on Sager laptops...
    his dad must be a real skinny fella then:P

also worth noting, the razer blade is down to 2000$ as well )last years model)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-pla-_-NA-_-NA
    Last edited by jmacphee9; 2012-10-23 at 07:48 PM.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    his dad must be a real skinny fella then:P

also worth noting, the razer blade is down to 2000$ as well )last years model)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-pla-_-NA-_-NA
    a gtm 555? really???? and they still ask 2 grand for it lmfao

Deleted
    If you're gonna buy a gaming laptop your better off with something from that German guy - Notebook guru!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of the ASUS G7 series laptops, I think if you are buying a "gaming laptop" it should be big. This seems extremely expensive... I'll stick with my g73 from a couple years ago that still plays anything thrown at it, til it's time for a desktop of course
    4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI Z87 G45 - Silverstone AR03 - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 OC - Antec 620W High Current Gamer

16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz - Samsung 840 250GB - 1TB WD Blue - ASUS VG248QE @ 144Hz - Fractal Design Define R4 - Windows 10 64-Bit - Logitech G-Pro
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma - Steelseries QCK Heavy - Hyper X Cloud II

Quote Originally Posted by Roblivion View Post
    I'm a fan of the ASUS G7 series laptops, I think if you are buying a "gaming laptop" it should be big. This seems extremely expensive... I'll stick with my g73 from a couple years ago that still plays anything thrown at it, til it's time for a desktop of course
    I would never pull out a gxx laptop onto my desk at school haha, so impractical. It depends on your needs, this isn't just purely for gaming machine...I have a desktop at home for that