Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    It's strange, I haven't met lvl 30 while leveling before I was over 20 myself and what was with close to 70% win ratio. At that point having a lvl 30 on a team seemed like a big disadvantage. You have one player who is a bit stronger and then you have one player who is beyond useless. Maybe if they duo a lane with the low level being a support it maybe can work, but send him to any solo lane and it's a gg. Even on support with no talent points and no runes he is glorified gold generator for enemy team unless he starts with cloth armor and pots.

    I still remember a match where we had two lvl 30 players + two low levels vs enemy team with one lvl 30 player and one low level ... I didn't like our chances and we did indeed lost the match.

    So I guess it's troublesome thing to balance. Send low lvl + 30 against lvl 20+ players and it's a gg. Send low lvl + 30 against <20 lvl players and it's gg the other way around.

    What's the worst that can happen to you ...

  2. #22
    Woohoo..3 more games with level 30s...and their teammates trolling us. So much fun...

  3. #23
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,057
    I thought they changed it so if your low, you get brought up to the highest friends levels group.

    That what it was when a couple of my friends was teaching a new guy how to play.
    He was terrible, and it didn't help he was constantly vs'ing level30s.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If you queue with a level 30, the other team will also have a level 30, maybe even 2 or more, I am not sure of this though, but I think that's how it works.

    When you queue with a premade, you're put against another premade too, it would only make sense if the other team also had a level 30 if yours has one too.

    Though, I am not sure of this.
    None of that is accurate.

    I've queued in lots of games as a level 30 or with one (while I wasn't a level 30) and we'd get teams full of people somewhere between our levels.

    Their Matchmaking tries to put as many level 30s on the opposing team as it can, but it's first priority (as far as I know) is to just make sure the levels of the enemy are at least somewhere in between.

    IE, if I'm level 1 and my friend is 30, most of the people we'd get on either team would be 15-25.

    Also, even if you're just two-man queuing you have the potential to get paired with a full 5 man enemy team.

    Not that summoner levels or runes/masteries make much of a difference though so who cares?

    Woohoo..3 more games with level 30s...and their teammates trolling us. So much fun...
    If you can't beat a level 30 player, then it means you're not a good player and having any runes/masteries aren't going to make any difference.

  5. #25
    Mechagnome FoShizzleMyGrizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    583
    Annoying to have them at the team yeah, but agains them? lol. GGWP, easy win for you..
    Tho its kinda ridic that they actually let like lvl 1-15 join lvl 30 bracket:S

  6. #26
    Because a level 30 vs a level 15 is.... nothing?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    If you can't beat a level 30 player, then it means you're not a good player and having any runes/masteries aren't going to make any difference.
    That's not true. Having runes and masteries is ridiculous advantage. Go look at how much stats you get from runes. It's over 1k gold in item cost. Now add what extra mastery points get you on top of that. It's more stats that money from 4 kills would get you.

    Saying "if you can't beat player who has 1300g-1400g advantage from lvl 1 you are a bad player" is ridiculous.

    What's the worst that can happen to you ...

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    That's not true. Having runes and masteries is ridiculous advantage. Go look at how much stats you get from runes. It's over 1k gold in item cost. Now add what extra mastery points get you on top of that. It's more stats that money from 4 kills would get you.

    Saying "if you can't beat player who has 1300g-1400g advantage from lvl 1 you are a bad player" is ridiculous.
    Well if you feel runes and masteries hold you back that much, less power to you.

    I do fine without any runes or masteries, but that's just me, I guess.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral StaeleAilar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,108
    It's one of the things i dislike about the LoL matching system. That being said, i was very low queueing with friends who were level 30. I think since i've been about level 13 i have never played against people of my level, always like 23+. I like to think that, at times, it helped me to be better at the game than others would think i would be based on level. But yes it is infuriating to get into a game and lose and when you get out see that you have a level 4 on your team because he queued with his friend and the result was that they lost a lane for you and started the snowball of death.

    I don't think they should allow any 30's to group up with anyone lower than level 20 in the system, aside from when vsing AI which is where perhaps the 30 may be trying to educate or help the lower player. In those games it doesn't really affect too much imo.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Well if you feel runes and masteries hold you back that much, less power to you.

    I do fine without any runes or masteries, but that's just me, I guess.
    Now I thought we are talking about facts here, not my feelings Fact is player with no runes vs player with full runes effectively enters the lane having 4 kills or 70 creep kills deficit. (Well it's a bit less since it's without the xp loss, but it's huge regardless). If you don't see how big of an advantage that is then there is nothing to talk about.

    What's the worst that can happen to you ...

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    None of that is accurate.

    I've queued in lots of games as a level 30 or with one (while I wasn't a level 30) and we'd get teams full of people somewhere between our levels.

    Their Matchmaking tries to put as many level 30s on the opposing team as it can, but it's first priority (as far as I know) is to just make sure the levels of the enemy are at least somewhere in between.

    IE, if I'm level 1 and my friend is 30, most of the people we'd get on either team would be 15-25.

    Also, even if you're just two-man queuing you have the potential to get paired with a full 5 man enemy team.

    Not that summoner levels or runes/masteries make much of a difference though so who cares?



    If you can't beat a level 30 player, then it means you're not a good player and having any runes/masteries aren't going to make any difference.
    When said person has built their runes for FULL AD, ALL of them, when he can literally 2 hit me at LEVEL 1, that is a problem. There's a huge diff between a level 30 queuing with a friend to help them...another when said level 30 is doing it to troll low levels. But if you don't think it makes a difference...then perhaps you need to rethink who is not a good player and who is..

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    When said person has built their runes for FULL AD, ALL of them, when he can literally 2 hit me at LEVEL 1, that is a problem. There's a huge diff between a level 30 queuing with a friend to help them...another when said level 30 is doing it to troll low levels. But if you don't think it makes a difference...then perhaps you need to rethink who is not a good player and who is..
    This is a gross overstatement of how powerful runes make you.

    Stop posting, please.

    Now I thought we are talking about facts here, not my feelings Fact is player with no runes vs player with full runes effectively enters the lane having 4 kills or 70 creep kills deficit. (Well it's a bit less since it's without the xp loss, but it's huge regardless). If you don't see how big of an advantage that is then there is nothing to talk about.

    I see there's an advantage, it's just not that much of one, especially for this game.

    Again, if you want to whine and poop yourself because "aw fuck god dm it this guy has 5% armor pen from runes arghhh fkc cant win", be my guest. You'll never get any better, and I won't get any more care for it!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    This is a gross overstatement of how powerful runes make you.

    Stop posting, please.




    I see there's an advantage, it's just not that much of one, especially for this game.

    Again, if you want to whine and poop yourself because "aw fuck god dm it this guy has 5% armor pen from runes arghhh fkc cant win", be my guest. You'll never get any better, and I won't get any more care for it!
    Perhaps you'd like to go 1v1 with someone with full AD runes, while you have nothing, and we'll see how much of a "Gross overstatement" that it is? Put your skills where your mouth is. Til then, you can troll elsewhere.

  14. #34
    Perhaps you'd like to go 1v1 with someone with full AD runes, while you have nothing, and we'll see how much of a "Gross overstatement" that it is? Put your skills where your mouth is. Til then, you can troll elsewhere.
    I have played as a level 1/2/3/etc low level against 30s very, very many times across various alt accounts and stuff. I have played against people with full runes and masteries when I had none.

    So again, if whining and complaining and never getting any better "works" for you, then I won't get in your way.

    Edit: By the way, I'm going to stop reading what you say now because you used the term '1v1' when discussing a game like League of Legends.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-10-27 at 07:54 AM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I have played as a level 1/2/3/etc low level against 30s very, very many times across various alt accounts and stuff. I have played against people with full runes and masteries when I had none.

    So again, if whining and complaining and never getting any better "works" for you, then I won't get in your way.
    So being ignorant is your recipe for getting better ? Everyone should learn to check enemy stats at lvl 1 and recognize what runes and what masteries they have. If you are sitting at 30 ap or ad deficit vs your enemy and you go agressive on him he will three shot you.

    Playing on your 7th smurf account against new players does not really draw the real picture here.

    What's the worst that can happen to you ...

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    So being ignorant is your recipe for getting better ? Everyone should learn to check enemy stats at lvl 1 and recognize what runes and what masteries they have. If you are sitting at 30 ap or ad deficit vs your enemy and you go agressive on him he will three shot you.

    Playing on your 7th smurf account against new players does not really draw the real picture here.
    I'm just going to ignore him. He wants to be a troll, let him enjoy his vacation from the forums. Reading what others have said about him it won't be the first time, nor the last.

    on the positive side, no more 30s in my game since I hit level 20, so there's something. Still ridiculous that there are level 30s vs level 13~20s though.

  17. #37
    Holy shit wow.

    Okay I'll only say this one more time, since you're pulling the whole "um u dont agree with me budy UR A TORLL" card that internet-purveyors love so much,

    I have played, as a level 1, against many different level 30s. Not just "new players" or "level 30s without runes". I have never found a lack of runes and masteries to be much of a hamper on my ability to play.

    Like, look at what you're saying. "If this guy has 'full AD runes' and you don't, he is going to three shot you". Nevermind that isn't true at all, but it's so stupid that that is what you're trying to say.

    What if I'm level 30 with nothing but offensive AD runes and mastieries? Is he going to three shot me now? What the FUCK are you trying to say???????? I don't understand. I don't understand how your brain can seriously make that conclusion.

    I'm proficient without runes and mastieres. You two clearly are not. There's nothing to really say, get asshurt if you want.

    I mean, what do you want me to say? "Oh sorry you don't think runes and masteries aren't that important, I'll stop doing just fine without them now."?

  18. #38
    You ARE a troll. Learn to play? Honestly, what is there to learn when you CAN and DO get 2-3 shot by a level 30 with full AD runes and masteries? You seem to think it's not possible, I have seen that it is. You seem to think your experience somehow magically makes what happens not so. And you can say you do fine without them all you want, yet, when I tell you to put your skills where your mouth is, you don't seem to want to take up that challenge.

    All you are doing is talking out of your backside with these posts. You can not outplay a level 30 who's sole intent is to stomp on low levels and has built to do so. You can NOT stop him from snowballing in another lane, you can't just 3v1 him and leave his partners to smack the crap out of you while doing so.

    So unless you're going to magically prove your point, stop talking, because it's just a load of "HURRDURR IM BTTR DEN U" bullcrap.

    Because I would really love to see you stop a Shaco, or any champ who CAN and WILL get in next to you to hit you if you take 2 steps out of your turret range and just annihilate you. I'd love to see you provide a well balanced teamplay option so that even if he ISN'T in your lane, you can stop your partner from feeding the crap out of him.

  19. #39
    "you're just talking out of your backside buddy so stop trolling!!!!"

    *You're doing the exact same thing only even worse, providing gross over-exaggerations and getting angry that I don't share your inability to play this game

  20. #40
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,691
    awwww, your so called "best game ever" is insanely imbalanced... how cute

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •