Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I can only think of dirty things when you put it like that.
    That was, one of, the intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Runes + Masteries give a small bonus, but i'd never say it was enough to totally win a lane. That comes down to players themselves.
    Not tier 1 and tier 2 runes, but tier 3 can make you win a lane if you're going against someone who has no runes at all, doesn't really matter which runes, you're pretty much at an advantage because of the tier 3 runes, I think. I haven't played low levels games since last year. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That was, one of, the intentions.

Not tier 1 and tier 2 runes, but tier 3 can make you win a lane if you're going against someone who has no runes at all, doesn't really matter which runes, you're pretty much at an advantage because of the tier 3 runes, I think. I haven't played low levels games since last year. xD
    I still maintain it comes down to the player, as I was very easily able to win mid lane vs 30's as a level 18-19. It's nothing game-breakingly huge

Did it not?
    It sure did.

Deleted
    I still maintain it comes down to the player, as I was very easily able to win mid lane vs 30's as a level 18-19. It's nothing game-breakingly huge
    Yeah, nothing game breaking, but, assuming, both players are on equal terms of skill(which doesn't happen in low levels), the one with runes will probably come out as a winner, depending on the jungler, if there's any, and if the other lanes gank yours or not, it really depends on a lot of stuff.

But it's still an advantage.

Deleted
    Oh yeah, no denying it's an advantage, starting with +21 AP mid, or 40 MR will give someone the edge.

Because masteries make such little difference? Its like complaining about someone paying .02 less for gas. It makes a difference yes but the difference is so minor that if your losing the battle your not as good as them to begin with them. If you were to die 1v1 from that person there was purely something you could've done, whether that be pick a different champion, different rune set, or just play smarter. When I 1v1 my friend when he plays adc I pick a bruiser. Why? Because I know if I try to 1v1 him as an ad/ap carry he's going to win outright as he plays it better. If he plays a bruiser I play a tanky ranged champion. Why? Because I can kite better than him and if he does attempt to push in on me I can take those few hits & punish him for moving in.

Theres always something better you could do if your losing that battle...

Deleted
    Except you know...in 3s...where you can't control what your partners do..nor can you counter-pick because it's blind pick? Really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Except you know...in 3s...where you can't control what your partners do..nor can you counter-pick because it's blind pick? Really.
    Why is that specific to 3s?

Deleted
    Why is that specific to 3s?
    Those things aren't, just commenting on the better picking etc etc. Didn't quite word it right. The the problem is immensely more pronounced in 3s, the level difference issue at least. It's slightly more balanced..in 3s..not so much. 1 person can and usually does carry the team, at least, at the ~20th level.

Deleted
    Ah, well, I'm ignorant on 3s, I thought I'd missed something huge l0l

Line like that is not something you win, it's something the full runed guy has to throw for you. And it can happen a lot sure, but if you take average skill levels ... the runes make huge difference. Take mid for example, guy with no mr vs guy with ap or magic pen reds and quins: At lvl 2 the runed guy flashes in, throws 2 spells, auto + ignite and it's over. You may try to hug tower or have jungler with you all the time to prevent this, but it's not pretty and you will lose farm.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    "you will lose farm" - If he blows flash at level 2 and doesn't get the kill, then the lane is yours 9/10.

I've already said runes will give you an edge, but it's not "go into game > He's Runed > You Lose. And yes, I won 90% of my mid matchups from 20-30 vs level 30s. As with everything in League, it will boil down to skill. I've seen level 20's that play like 30s, and level 30's that play like level 1's. The better player will win 99% of the time, which is again, what I've said.

So I just shouldn't be able to play with friends I'm getting into the game? I have a friend who is level 12 but good enough to hang with 30s. Why shouldn't I play my main with him? Smurfs are annoying, but it's not like at 30 you're not going to get games where half the other team is vastly beyond your skill level too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    So I just shouldn't be able to play with friends I'm getting into the game? I have a friend who is level 12 but good enough to hang with 30s. Why shouldn't I play my main with him? Smurfs are annoying, but it's not like at 30 you're not going to get games where half the other team is vastly beyond your skill level too.
    Who is that aimed at?

"you will lose farm" - If he blows flash at level 2 and doesn't get the kill, then the lane is yours 9/10.

I've already said runes will give you an edge, but it's not "go into game > He's Runed > You Lose. And yes, I won 90% of my mid matchups from 20-30 vs level 30s. As with everything in League, it will boil down to skill. I've seen level 20's that play like 30s, and level 30's that play like level 1's. The better player will win 99% of the time, which is again, what I've said.
    How is the lane yours if he blows flash and how will he not kill you ? He will trade with you favorably because of the runes at lvl 1, get ahead in xp, ding lvl 2 before you and straight-out kill you unless you play super super safe losing farm in the process. I mean you can outplay him sure, but winning the lane depends very much on your opponent being bad, not just on you being good.

At lvl 20+ you can win against lvl 30 easily ... the difference in runes and masteries becomes much less of an issue then. So in that range it does boil down to skill. And even before you can outplay bad players, but take average player with average skill ... the lvl 30 has both runes and play experience advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    How is the lane yours if he blows flash and how will he not kill you ? He will trade with you favorably because of the runes at lvl 1, get ahead in xp, ding lvl 2 before you and straight-out kill you unless you play super super safe losing farm in the process. I mean you can outplay him sure, but winning the lane depends very much on your opponent being bad, not just on you being good.

At lvl 20+ you can win against lvl 30 easily ... the difference in runes and masteries becomes much less of an issue then. So in that range it does boil down to skill. And even before you can outplay bad players, but take average player with average skill ... the lvl 30 has both runes and play experience advantage.
    You are mirroring what I'm saying, so I don't understand why you're "arguing" - We've both said that runes will give an edge, and that it comes down to player skill to win the lane?

However, if the level disparity is huge (say a level 1 vs 30) then yes, the 30 will win 99 times out of 100. Flash + ignite is too strong. I was going on the level range being 12 max.
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2012-10-28 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Oh I plan to, it's just one of those things that irk me when I'm already having an offday in game. Nothing like knowing that even if you do your best, there's a fed level 30 waiting to wreck you once he's mopped up your partners. And I try to avoid 5s unless I queue with friends, it's just...not my thing. The map makes me want to rip my hair out.
    I faced a lot of 30s once I hit about level 14 or 15, because I won so much early on (many opponents were really bad in fall 2010 and I had a good chunk of RTS experience from Warcraft III TFT).

It was really frustrating, so I feel your pain, rest assured, it gets better and then worse (once you hit 30, it basically becomes a whole new game and you're going to lose a lot at the beginning).

It's still a lot of fun once you get the hang of the 30s play, though, so stick with it !

the only real difference is that the lvl 30 with 2000 wins should be a better player then the lvl 2 whose played 3 games. Runes/masteries do make some amount of difference. But its more the additional player skill the lvl 30 probably has played a lot more games with that champion and knows when to look for openings. Also the lower level champion is also more likely to make mistakes (statisically speaking) ie over extending, staying out in the open alone when the opponents are all mia etc.

Deleted
    Same with a level 30 with 150 wins and a level 30 with 1500 wins. It irritates me so much. It might be to late to do this but I think Riot should consider increasing the level cap. Or invent a system like Diablo with its paragons level.

You are mirroring what I'm saying, so I don't understand why you're "arguing" - We've both said that runes will give an edge, and that it comes down to player skill to win the lane?
    Almost yeah In my mind important condition for you to win the lane is the runed player must be bad. And the lvl range I don't think it matters that much, masteries on their own don't help low levels as much as flat runes do. For example lvl 19 vs lvl 21 ... runed vs no runes it's a hard match up. GP with ad/crit runes takes 2/5th of your hp bar with a single shot if you have no armor runes. Pantheon same story.