Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

WHY are level 30s allowed to group with low levels in PvP?

I seriously do not get this...2 games today, at least once every other day...the same thing happens. There's some level 30 in the game, with full runes with his level 4 "New friend". At level 13-17...there is 0 chance. None, zip zilch NADA of a win. Not even of an interesting game. One lane is going to get roflstomped, and there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it. Than once said roflstomp is done, that level 30 is so far ahead that it's not even funny.

Why on Earth is the matchmaking system worked out this way? It makes 0 sense at all. Runes = pointless til 20, and even if we spent our IP on the lesser runes, we'd still be at a major disadvantage. Why isn't there some form of level restriction, or rune degradation system set in place to stop people from doing this kinda crap?

Deleted
    Because the lvl 30 queues with a low level friend? I play with full teams of lvl 30 because I always queue with my lvl 30 friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Because the lvl 30 queues with a low level friend? I play with full teams of lvl 30 because I always queue with my lvl 30 friend.
    I know they're allowed to do it. It just doesn't make sense, and it's especially bad in TT. In 5s..I queue with a level 30 friend as well, and we face other level 30s and one random level person CLOSE to my level. But a level 30/4/16 is going to stomp 13/17/16 in 3s. It's utter trash games because of it.

Deleted
    If you queue with a level 30, the other team will also have a level 30, maybe even 2 or more, I am not sure of this though, but I think that's how it works.

When you queue with a premade, you're put against another premade too, it would only make sense if the other team also had a level 30 if yours has one too.

Though, I am not sure of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If you queue with a level 30, the other team will also have a level 30, maybe even 2 or more, I am not sure of this though, but I think that's how it works.

When you queue with a premade, you're put against another premade too, it would only make sense if the other team also had a level 30 if yours has one too.

Though, I am not sure of this.
    That does not seem to be the case in 3s, two games..neither of my partners were pre-made, and were levels 13-17 as well. It's not something I have a problem with in 5s, because I queue with a level 30 and we go against mostly level 30s, but it is a huuuge problem in 3s and it's something that I'm 100% sure, is some guy taking advantage of for some fast wins and IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    That does not seem to be the case in 3s, two games..neither of my partners were pre-made, and were levels 13-17 as well. It's not something I have a problem with in 5s, because I queue with a level 30 and we go against mostly level 30s, but it is a huuuge problem in 3s and it's something that I'm 100% sure, is some guy taking advantage of for some fast wins and IP.
    I think you are running into this problem in 3's because there are a lot fewer 3's players than there are 5's players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I think you are running into this problem in 3's because there are a lot fewer 3's players than there are 5's players.
    Can't really argue with that, but it is still incredibly frustrating and not something that should be happening. Definitely not twice in a row, it's incredibly demoralizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Can't really argue with that, but it is still incredibly frustrating and not something that should be happening. Definitely not twice in a row, it's incredibly demoralizing.
    I would just advise you to keep playing because you too will eventually hit 30. Or just stick to SR until you get to a higher level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I would just advise you to keep playing because you too will eventually hit 30. Or just stick to SR until you get to a higher level.
    Oh I plan to, it's just one of those things that irk me when I'm already having an offday in game. Nothing like knowing that even if you do your best, there's a fed level 30 waiting to wreck you once he's mopped up your partners. And I try to avoid 5s unless I queue with friends, it's just...not my thing. The map makes me want to rip my hair out.

afaik 30's don't get grouped up with players lower than 20. Unless a group of friends are queueing, and one of them happens to be below that.

A 30, even in 3v3 will not be match with anyone lower unless, 1: that person has an insane win record or 2: the 3rd is queued with a person under 30. The first condition I have only seen true while watching Choax's stream tbh.

Deleted
    Guys...re-read the first post and title, I know they are allowed to do so, I've seen as much, etc etc. Just a question of why when it's blatantly obvious it's an unfair advantage that's borderline impossible to overcome in 3s.

10+ Year Old Account
    imagine ur friend joins and u cant play with him
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Riot thinks playing with friends >> level restrictions.

It's that simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    imagine ur friend joins and u cant play with him
    Sadly seems to be more common:

level 30 guy 1: dude make a new account so we can pwn sum noobz
    level 30 guy 2: great idea bro, brb

10 mins later in game...

if winning:

Team chat: OMG WE PWN SO HARD, SO PRO, WE CARRY YOU HARD NOOBZ WITH OUR "SKILLZ"

if losing:

Team chat: OMG YOU ALL NOOB. Y DO I ALWAYS GET QUEUE WITH NOOBZ, etc

7/10 having a level 30 either in your team or the other team is a ballache while levelling. The worst part is they feel you owe them some kind of gratitude for "boosting" even when they sucked, or you didn't want their "help" rushing in stealing the kills so they get fed and no-one else on your team gets out of their first item builds... Not to mention if they berate the team for being "noobish" or "unskilled" in levelling games, then after the game you see it's some guy with over 1k wins...

Deleted
    I feel a lot of people are really nice for those level 30s. Some of them are just so bad they can't fight other 30's so they put them with lower levels. 1000 wins doesn't mean 50/50 w/l, expect more like 30/70 w/l/

Deleted
    I was queued against level 30's from about 18 onwards. I just thought it was because I had a high win %. Take it as a compliment I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think around level 23-25 is when I met my first level 30 RL LoL friend, and until that point I hadn't seen another level 30. I think the system sees your confident enough to que with 30s so it'll throw a few of the lower skilled or new 30s into your games.

10+ Year Old Account
    No harm done in normals. Just fun and practice is what I use them for, the fact that used Maokai last week for the first time ever and in the jungle AND! was fed and did everything right says a lot when you get better at the game. A lot of people say bots are for practice but to be honest I can't get myself to ever play bots and normals are my practice grounds for champions I want to polish up on or learn a new one. I never take a normal seriously in the sense of getting so pissed unlike a ranked.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend rarely play LoL now, usually if he plays he invs me and I join him, and .... squash people too much it isn't funny, I'm lvl 30 vs lvl 17, my lvl1 champ (specially Blanc or Katarina) has more AP then enemy combined, I hate that, but I prefer to do that than to not play with my friend, a fast easy win usually unless my team have insane feeders (and that does happen too), not fair but as someone said for Riot Friends >>> restriction of lvls, and I approve that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power