View Poll Results: Have you / do you run Challenge Mode dungeons?

Voters
69. This poll is closed
  • Yes, more than once a week since the first time

14 20.29%
  • Yes, less than once a week since the first time

10 14.49%
  • No, but someday I will

38 55.07%
  • No, and I don't intend to

7 10.14%

Have you/do you run Challenge Mode dungeons?

Have you/do you run Challenge Mode dungeons? I'd like to but for some reason just haven't gotten around to it yet. In other news, ever wonder why someone posts a poll and there's no poll? The system creates the post and then takes you to the poll form to fill out and THEN it adds the poll. (Can't stop editing! Help!) Also, I've been really bummed out that the best times are so... exploit-ish - no healers used. Legit, sure but it just feels wrong to me, so I haven't pushed my guildies to run them so far. I still want to, though.

So distracted, sorry: The reason for this poll is that I was wondering why Blizzard was posting about the challenge mode armor procs since that already went through a news cycle once before. It got me to wondering whether the challenge mode feature was very popular.
    Last edited by markdall; 2012-10-23 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    I'm going to start with them next week, going to work slowly on them.

I couldn't get anybody interested in challenge modes today.

I'm going to be organising weekly runs to challenge modes, see what my guild and I can accomplish. Haven't done so yet because in all honesty, we've been busy with levelling, gearing up for raids, raiding itself, PvP, pet battles, dailies... There's just been so much to do that there hasn't been time for challenge modes, lol. Totally planning on getting into them though, hopefully getting at least silver for the mount.

Deleted
    Been running the daily for the past week, no golds yet but almost unlocked the mount for all silvers. They're fun and challenging and so much more interesting than heroics.

I don't think they're too gimmicky either, perhaps the World best times use no healers and other tricks but Gold modes seems achievable with a standard set up. Some classes do seem more favorable than others though, an FDK is definitely nice.
    Last edited by mmocfafd1d9a5a; 2012-10-24 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to do them, but our tank appears online rarely and I didn't catch him and 3 DPS to do it yet And PuGs very rarely trying to make a group, I saw only once that someone wanted to make a group and I didn't have time Actually I don't really want to pug it, guild group with voice communication would be great. I don't even want medals (though I want to get challenge mode set ), I just like challenging content in general.

My guild raids 5 nithts a week and doing dailies and capping valor takes enough time as it is. I'm "saving" challange modes for when raid progress is done. We sent from 5 nights in DS to 3hrs after a while, as we get faster to clear raids more time will open to do "shiny" shit like achievements and CM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

It's on the to do list. Probably after I'm done with all the rep grind daily shit. Although honestly I'm in no rush. The only reward that remotely interests me is the mount and even that is kinda meh looking. And as for the leaderboards, I fully 100% expected the top times to be littered with gimmicky and borderline exploitative comps and tactics from the beginning so I really don't care about going for that- just get in, get my achievements, and get out.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're a group of 5 friends, one newly leveled monk. So we waited abit for him. Now we just need to get the Glory Mount from the heroics for 2 of our members and then we're gonna go Challenge Modes.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Deleted
    Going thought them one by one. Started with Mogushan Palace, definately doable for gold even with a "hard" group setup

We are going with Ret Pala, Tank Pala, Mage, Hunter, Monk. I am really gettin tired of these DK Tanks because its the trash pack with caster that really kill you, nothing else. We are interrupting like hell but sometimes the spikes on the tanks are to damn high. To do it gold style you eventually are not able to use hard cc on mobs and you have to pull 2 groups often, using invisebilety potions 18sek is key!

Seriously... i have seen videos of a DK tank clearing challenge modes alone. Even if it takes him 2+ hours. Ranged classes are highly favoured aswell...

Still, fun thing to do

One of the main reasons I play WoW is for the armor and lore, and with the amazing challenge mode sets, I have actually been considering trying to get a group together that's fairly competent, and trying out some of the dungeons. However, I doubt that I have the skill level to actually be able to do that, so I'll just have to envy the gear from afar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to it. But I just don't have the time right now. Neither does my guild. We're a bit busy with progress and dailies, and on raidless days we're just enjoying ourselves levelling alts, doing silly things like hunting rares and stuff like that.

But we fully intend to do challenge modes when we have the raiding content halfway on farm. Challenges won't run away, and there will eventually be times in the game when you don't know what to do, and that's when all that extra stuff will fill the void. It's the same with battlegrounds really. I will complete those too... but not in the near future. Things don't run away. I know I'll get my stuff together. Just not everything right now.

You're missing an option for "Realm First! Challenge Conqueror: Gold"

@ your "exploit-ish" with no healers used... 99% of the time healers are used, just sometimes not on certain bosses or sometimes zoned into without the right spec etc... so it displays incorrectly on armory.

From experience (At least as a Warr tank) - Healers are nigh on essential if you want a good time.

Also:: My comp is very Random... Prot Warrior, Disc Priest, Destro Lock, Moonkin Druid and Ele Shaman
    Last edited by Eviriany; 2012-10-24 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    Challenge mode is smt to do when there is nothing more productive to do in this game.

As such it is going lower in the priority list of the majority of people this feature was created for.
    There are new raids. And status from raid will always be superior to the status of the challenge mode.
    Also to those that get nothing neither from raids nor from challenge modes in terms of status, have way more things to get from raids, as a more social and relaxed gamestyle, and more importandly the best loot in the game.
    Thus both for progresive and non progresive raiders challenge mode is at best in their "to do" list right now.

For the rest?
    Challenge modes require small time commitment, and as such, they re more acessible than raids.
    Still, they require some form of organization, and unless if you play with friends, even a dungeon is too much, outside of RDF feature.
    Not to mention that the only reward that is unique transmo gear sets, are not automatically obtained. Even Bronze medal is hard to be achieved by the majority of the playerbase.

Challenge mode is a unique feature, and it is good that it exists in the game.
    In the long term it will be a success, but every time new content is available it will be placed on the side "till the next time".

15+ Year Old Account
    not yet, but certainly plan to, once the guild starts raiding properly i'm going to try and arrange a challenge team to try for my golds ^_^

Deleted
    4 golds with dk/pally/monk/shaman/lock.
    Just started them a week ago. Going for few more golds this week I guess.
    They seem to take 2-4hours to get everything down to perfection.
    And don't follow too much those guides, cause there are soo many tactics to do depending solely on your group composition. DK tank pretty much is the only thing making them ALOT easier, dps/healer can be pretty much allmost anyclass/compo.