Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Okay, as a Mage i can understand the nerfs for PvP reasons.. But the nerf for the 70 achievment is probably the most retarded one in here, why just why change something that has no effect on gameplay what so fucking ever, and something that was actually an "achievment" into something its now not gonna be.. 60 exalted was reachable in fucking Cata.. Sigh

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoa whoa whoa. A Stitched Pup companion pet?! DO WANT!

All this hate is HILARIOUS. I love PTR notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Wow....you update our old mount models...BUT STILL HAVEN'T updated our character models. Way to go, guys -.-
    They updated a total of two models, and one set of armor for each. The difference in work between this and updating our characters is staggering - for characters there are sixteen models (if just the original races; twenty if you include draenei and blood elves), plus all of the associated faces and hairstyles, with the consideration that they need to make sure the updated models look as close to the new models as possible so that no one winds up not being able to look like the same character anymore, plus probably new animations to account for the increased poly counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    To all the people bitching about the wings...........It's the PTR, chill out.
    What you see now is _very_ unlikely to change.

15+ Year Old Account
    -54% damage O_o wai so.
    :<

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bah! Who cares about new mounts! What about Mr. Bigglesworth!? I have always want to own him ever since I walked into Naxxramas in 3.0.

lol are they really changing 70 exalted reps requierement to 60? ive had 60 since cata...

There are battle pets in dungeons or something. Those mounts look wicked, KJC is cooler.

DAT wyvern! I already miss the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Wow....you update our old mount models...BUT STILL HAVEN'T updated our character models. Way to go, guys -.-
    They're working on character models. They've been saying this since March.

It's going to take them a lot longer to upgrade all the player models than other model work. Would you rather them not add any new creatures or mounts or models to the game until they finish the player models? Because honestly they might not finish them all for more than a year even if that's the only thing they were working on.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    The monk healing orb change seems... weird.
    Blizzard doesn't seem to like abilities that are "pre-pull" unless they're utility like a warlock's portal.

This change basically makes the spheres something that's only used out of combat or perhaps as an emergency self heal by Windwalkers if the healers are running OOM.

It's really kind of inconsequential though, individual spheres didn't heal for much anyway. Losing 3 for the course of a fight is unlikely to be the difference between a wipe or not. Unless you're running with a bunch of Monks in a 25 man guild, I doubt you notice this change.

Love the look of the gryphon, but man is that wyvern butt-ugly. What's with the hilariously oversized horns? What's with the tail now sticking out of its butt rather than out of the spine? What's with the hilarious goatee? What's with the annoying colour difference between the tail and the body? As far as model upgrades go, the gryphon is a really good example of how it should be done, while the wyvern is how it shouldn't be done: Upgrade the model, don't replace it.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Thanks Blizz, for making Lynx rush completely irrelevant. Hunters are already in the back of the pack for pve DPS and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They're working on character models. They've been saying this since March.

It's going to take them a lot longer to upgrade all the player models than other model work. Would you rather them not add any new creatures or mounts or models to the game until they finish the player models? Because honestly they might not finish them all for more than a year even if that's the only thing they were working on.
    They say the same bullshit since 4 years if not more.

And you're second part is wrong, working for an animation studio, I can tell you that a decent (note that I said decent, not exceptional) can produce a model worth looking at in a movie, not a video game in about a day or two, and to polish it out in about a week with all the player customization options included, ergo about 2-3 months tops to polish all old races to new one with testing and stuff, but we're somehow we're still playing with 50 poly dwarf models and such - a disgrace.

A year time to finish 10 simple models, lol, yes if I'd work like that, I would have lost my job about one week after I got it, and be living on the street for about 7 years now.

The reason is they are scared as fuck, people will dislike the new models and quit playing when their character gets replaced, however they are to ignorant to include a new models/old models check box in the client, so people can decide themselves.

Wow, blizzard finally made warcraft models that don't completely suck, those are pretty good!!!

Does anyone know when these changes are applied? As a lock, I'm dying to find out. But I'm guessing this is for the 5.1 PTR, right? :/

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    They say the same bullshit since 4 years if not more.

And you're second part is wrong, working for an animation studio, I can tell you that a decent (note that I said decent, not exceptional) can produce a model worth looking at in a movie, not a video game in about a day or two, and to polish it out in about a week with all the player customization options included, ergo about 2-3 months tops to polish all old races to new one with testing and stuff, but we're somehow we're still playing with 50 poly dwarf models and such - a disgrace.

A year time to finish 10 simple models, lol, yes if I'd work like that, I would have lost my job about one week after I got it, and be living on the street for about 7 years now.

The reason is they are scared as fuck, people will dislike the new models and quit playing when their character gets replaced, however they are to ignorant to include a new models/old models check box in the client, so people can decide themselves.
    What rear end did you pull that time frame out of? Making models for a movie and for a video game are completely different. So assuming you're telling the truth (which I doubt), you still vastly underestimate the time and effort required to do something like that. Especially when you take into consideration that those same teams are also busy working on more expansion content.

Maturing Varian = win
    Vol'jin as a potential warchief = win

Can't wait!