Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought having a raid group to enter an older expansions raids was silly. We'd get in with a friend making a group for us or having a second toon on another account do it. This is a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzulan View Post
    They aren't changing the achievements at all, just the tooltips for 55 and 60. They were incorrectly displaying the prerequisite for 55 reps as 60 and 60 reps as 70.
    ofc they are , read the achievement change they aren't fixing the tooltip at all, they are altering ther requirement since at the moment there is only 75(if you count black prince) reps you can get exalted ( prolly wrong but a rough count ) which some of those reps aren't obtainable anymore due to being removed.

Deleted
    "Violet Proto-Drake no longer grants Master Riding."

/sigh.
    Why did I leave Winter Veil for last ?

Man I can't wait for the new player models to come out and laugh my ass off at all the nerdraging. It's a gryphon mount, who gives a crap lol.

Boo for Healing Sphere. Our mastery was bad enough before they nerf it, now it's totally useless.

And yay for not having to ask a guildie each time I want to enter an old raid (which is fairly often)!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons.
    Nice!

10+ Year Old Account
    The warrior nerf is ok, it's a start I guess. I agree that blanket silences are dumb. Same goes for non-dispellable stuns but hey ho. If they do exist in the game, they should be on a high CD. I think mages should also lose their blanket silence, and I say this as a mage player, or at least have that effect on a higher CD.

Change to Pyro is still stupid. Change to DF is understandable, at least the CD is the same. This causes less of a nerf to its effective uptime. Strictly speaking, only frost should benefit from a full 5 sec DF as it is the spec that required it to do damage. The other two specs don't need it as much as a stun for some breathing space. I did think Blizzard's decision to give shatter to all specs was a bit ill-advised. RoF CD increase is ok I guess, it'll still be a powerful spell.

The changes to locks are great. KJ's Cunning is actually a damn good spell now. I am glad they removed the cast-time penalty, when most other casters can cast on the move with less powerful abilities at no cost.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    not a fan of those mount updates.

"how can we make the wyvern look better?"
    "lets put a tier 1 lock helm on it!"
    "genius"

Those mounts look exspensive

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Garrosh couldn't afford to armor BOTH horns on the wyvern... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    not a fan of those mount updates.

"how can we make the wyvern look better?"
    "lets put a tier 1 lock helm on it!"
    "genius"
    Wyvern's had horns in Warcraft 3.

The more you know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientNecro View Post
    Maybe this means they will bring back Naxx 40 for people to enjoy and collect sexy transmogs from? *crosses finger*
    Why would they do that when the Naxx25/10 retextures were vastly superior textures?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Wyvern's had horns in Warcraft 3.

The more you know...
    All I see is the ears that are also present on the old WoW model (though with this low-res they could be argued to be horns, they're still a completely different shape.).

They do have the goatee though.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    All I see is the ears that are also present on the old WoW model (though with this low-res they could be argued to be horns, they're still a completely different shape.).

They do have the goatee though.
    I played the game many times, you can zoom down, they are horns.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I played the game many times, you can zoom down, they are horns.
    Just zoomed in in WC3 editor, no horns visible, just ears.

A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Wyverns have never had horns, it's just some of the newer Blizzard art crew wanting to put they're own mark on things. Frankly I wish they hadn't touched the models, and had simply updated the textures, maybe the armour plating. I LIKED the look of the old faction mounts, don't like these ones at all, won't be using them.

With the Wyvern, as with many of the models in the game now, they seem to have an obsession with elongating fangs to a ridiculous degree, and the tail looks like it's now a bad Photoshop job, instead of an organic part of the creature. If they had made it more a lions tail tapering to the scorpid tip, and left off the horns, then even with the extra elongation on the fangs it might have looked ok, but as it is... none of my characters will be seen on that mount.

As to the Gryphon, the older design is far more robust/burly looking, this one looking almost flimsy in comparison, and the new wings look almost like they're a double set thanks to the extra protrusion mid way along the wing, instead of being the single pair of wings. At least I've only got horde toons so only time I'll have to look at this model is when chasing Alliance.

anyone else want them to change the human and orc models more like the newer npcs like Varian and Garrosh

wtf why even bother with DF when it already robs you of some of the freeze time thanks to the bullshit GCD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sdkphoenix View Post
    Glad they are changing the rep achievements like they said they would back in the beta. 70 was near impossible unless you got some of the harder or removed reputations, then it was easier.
    So they even make the achivement so easy a blind can get them.

I was looking forward to get my last faction to get the 70 Exalted, that does show you aint some part time scrub.

They could have just added the 55 and a 65 one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Has no one noticed this little tidbit
    No I did not but I so hope its true.