Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since most things point to just bad rotation and bad or no use of Alter time,inferno blast,combustion tell her to come here and read this guide thoroughly -->http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ire-Mage-Guide
    There is also a nice macro for Presence of Mind +Alter Time and Combustion usage.

If your raids ranged are using the sweet spot on elegon Rune of Power might work better cause you just stand there and jump to clear stacks..i know it works for me.

And keeping bomb up is very crucial cause of the Pyromaniac debuff....She HAS to use some addon for that ...Combustion helper is very simple with no configuration needed at all but Tellmewhen is also very straighforward. she can either track the bomb ticking or the debuff.

P.S Just a note ,I currently stand at 475ilvl and i peak 250k at the beggining and stabilize around 95-105 k for the rest of the fight (just the wipe tries, i wasnt there the kill night so missing most part of burn phase) so she definetely needs to work on some things.

Good luck
    Last edited by Jimm3; 2012-10-24 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krangh View Post
    -snip-
    This, pretty much. All of it. I use Invocation on this fight (personal preference) and I don't have issues keeping it at 85% up-time.

In my opinion her unwillingness to even try and improve her performance (from your 'my suggestions were not well received') would lead me to bench her. Pulling ridiculously sub-optimal DPS for her gear based on mistakes that are player-based (not reaching a Haste breakpoint and not enchanting bracers won't result in over 50K less DPS) while showing an unwillingness to change (or try to) in order to obtain better performance is just downright lazy.

If you want me to put it into perspective, I'm 472 (was 469 at time of last clear, armory is here), my raid doesn't pop BL/TW during burn phase (we use it during second P1 to make the phase shorter as our warrior crits for 2.5M executes, Destro lock does stupid Chaos Bolts and even my Pyros and Fireballs are critting for ~850K during burn and we prefer to have longer during burn) and I still finished our Elegon kill this week with 125K dps.
    Hell, I don't even have optimal enchants, either.

Even if you factor in the fact she's missing 8% spell damage, her DPS only goes up to ~80K, meaning she's still 40K~ behind where she *should* be with her gear, and ~70K where she *could* be with her gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all so much for your help. I am hoping that she will look at this post and really take it in, and see how great her potential could be if she tries. THANK YOU MMO!
    Last edited by Roboctopus; 2012-10-24 at 05:11 PM.