Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Less mages randomly exploding into abominations. I liked how blood magic and pacts with demons were grey areas in the first game, DA 2 was a little too "rawr, mages are evil." Kind of hard to side with the mages and tell Meredith they aren't all that bad with a bunch of them slitting their wrists behind me.

Non emo Anders? I'll request it, he was my favourite character in Awakening. Perhaps if he gets his cat back he'll find his lost sense of humour.
    I think this is the main thing that, after giving it some thought, has left me with an extraordinarily bad taste in my mouth about DA2. The rest I can put up with, with the lazy environment design being #3 on the list, with the crappy, basically exactly the same ending despite your choices as #2. Really, the ending wouldn't have been that bad if it had seemed to matter at all which side I had chosen.

But #1 is the Mages. They pretty much ruined them. I feel no pity for the mages anymore. No longer do I see them as the poor, innocent oppressed people, they are now the dangerous ones that can't be trusted, just about everything dealing with them was showing how right the Chantry is when they speak of them as dangers that have to be watched over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    When did bioware say DA2 was going to feel like Dynasty Warriors? I remember people saying that after release but I don't remember Bioware saying that.

Sometime before it was released. That was so long ago I don't remember but I'm pretty certain. It was the combat is what they meant not the game itself.

I think this is the main thing that, after giving it some thought, has left me with an extraordinarily bad taste in my mouth about DA2. The rest I can put up with, with the lazy environment design being #3 on the list, with the crappy, basically exactly the same ending despite your choices as #2. Really, the ending wouldn't have been that bad if it had seemed to matter at all which side I had chosen.

But #1 is the Mages. They pretty much ruined them. I feel no pity for the mages anymore. No longer do I see them as the poor, innocent oppressed people, they are now the dangerous ones that can't be trusted, just about everything dealing with them was showing how right the Chantry is when they speak of them as dangers that have to be watched over.
    I don't believe that they should be caged but clearly not all of them are innocent.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bioware still has employees?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

My thoughts are that it's gonna be just barely better shit than DA2. It will probably have slightly better graphics (maybe even finally something relatively decent for this gen), and most likely it will have more original locations, but I'm sure it's gonna be same dumbed down and easy and it won't have much if any great charismatic characters like Morrigan or Alistair. I'm hoping they'll go back to silent kind of main hero, but I highly doubt it.

Deleted
    DA2 was ok but dissapointing when compared to the first game. And given how they chose to end the mass effect series im not gonna hold my breath for the conclusion of the dragon age series.

For their sakes (bioware) they better not do another last minute villain twist. Deffo a wait and see situation this time.

Because BG1&2 was so amazing i will give bioware 1 more chance, even after the heavy flops they have released lately. Dont
    let me down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'd love an RPG where you start out with a shack in a wilderness and your goal is to turn it into a thriving village under your command by expanding your home through resource gathering, hunting, building, farming, attracting people, providing safety, and then becoming the (war)lord of said village/ city/ province/ kingdom.

That thought is piggybacking off http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/10/22...on-huge-levels
    I agree. I love the little Keep management like in NWN2 where you spend your GP to increase the functionality of the Keep and then handle disputes inside that determine how you men are trained and how the civilians think of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    I'm hoping they'll go back to silent kind of main hero, but I highly doubt it.
    Maybe I'm spoiled by Mass Effect, but I hope not. I prefer a voiced protagonist.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    This time, I'm most definately going to wait after the release before I buy it. See how it turns out.

II was NOT bad game. Anyone who played Bioware before knew the story and its characters would be the highlight of the game, and they didn't disappoint. I personally preferred Origins, due to fitting the epic theme better when compared to II's neighbourhood problem solvers feel, but II's companions(and voiced Hawke) won it some points over Origins. What I'm afraid of in Inquisition is that they'll try to make a game they're not supposed to. Bioware players do not want Skyrim.

All in all, I think being more of an open world than II isn't just a good direction, it's a necessity. But expanding on the good points of origins and II would work great. Maybe working the classes a little better, making specializations more proeminent, or the quests less linear, but I think the most important would be making every companion useful no matter your class. In II, I found myself trying as hard as I could to include Varric, but this made Sebastian useless(twice as useless since I paid for him). If I could play whatever I wanted and still had the choice on each quest whether I wanted to hear Oghren's druken rants or Sten's alien morality, Isabella's witty comments or Fenris' overwhelming broodness, I would have enjoyed both Origins and II much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    After DAO, buying DA2 was a "sure thing." After DA2, buying DA3 is a "maybe," at best. Throw both doctors being gone on top of that? Yeah, DA3 becomes a "maybe when it is on sale," at best.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it.
    Last edited by Toccs; 2012-10-24 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    What would the mmo community like to see from Dragon Age III?
    First of all, i would like to see Bioware boycott Origin. Then it would be great if they don't recycle the maps and have less spiders in the game.
    I would also like to see the "backgrounds" and character customization returning to the game.

If this happens it would be a great game i'm sure, but it won't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Dragon Age 2, I won't trust Bioware with anything ever again.

Maybe its just me, but I will throw $60 at bioware just for the banter between characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    After TOR, so... much... banter..., I'm all bantered out.

This is also the first "post" doctors game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    After TOR, so... much... banter..., I'm all bantered out.

This is also the first "post" doctors game.
    Sweet, I already have my future potential negative review headline. "0 out of 3 Doctors Recommend DA3". =)

10+ Year Old Account
    After the downward spiral of bioware of late if they can make somthing half as good as origins ill more than happy to buy it
    on the other hand if ifs its just the same as the abortion know as dragon age 2 or the ending of mass effect 3 I wouldnt touch it with a 40 foot pole
    I actually preferred the non speaking warden and the race choices before Dalish got the mupppet treatment
    i could rant on for hours about the turn bioware had in their games of late but i just hope they take the chance to get back to what the company use to be but with everyone who made it what it was gone i dont hold out much hope
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Give me the gritty "fantasy realism" of Dragon Age: Origins. Combat was slower, yes, but combat should be. Swinging a 30 lb greatsword or even carrying two 10 lb swords in combat doesn't lend itself to ridiculous choreographed martial arts speed combat. Origins may have been a little sluggish and could have been tweaked and improved, but a broadsword shouldn't explode an enemies body into blood and bones. Utter garbage.

Leave the bodies on the ground like in Origins. They didn't dissolve in seconds, the corpses were left behind until you left the area.

Bring back the Darkspawn that looked like orcs, ogres, etc that were bred from corrupted mutations of the races. No more zombie Skeletor Darkspawn.

I actually preferred the more human design of my daelish elf in Origins over the human crossbred with a deer in DA2 (oh you dirty, dirty cross breeders).

Put in the illusion of choice. Go back to Origins "party camp" style to talk to people. Sometimes a cut scene can let them come to you rather than you always going to them, but DA2 felt like I was my companions' errand boy. They want something, they send for me, and I go to their house with a "yes, ol buddy, what can I do for you!?" Make choices appear to alter events even when they don't in the grand scheme of things.

Bring back the epilogue cards. Getting a letter in the mail saying "oh, I'm so happy you found my puppy" doesn't have the same impact as finding out after the story is resolved that the owner of that puppy went on to become a breeder for guard dogs and now supplies most trade caravans with them, etc.

I also prefer the Origins gear being useable for companions. Give us a box on the character's stat page that we can overwrite their armor and keep their "iconic character outfit" if we wish, but let them equip and change gear. I liked that Origins started with their outfits, changed as you got better, but at the end you could often find a set that gave them their original look back. Essentially let the player choose if they change armor looks or just get the stats from what we find.

Basically, for me, take everything from Origins and make adjustments and improvements. Take pretty much nothing from DA2... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Basically, for me, take everything from Origins and make adjustments and improvements. Take pretty much nothing from DA2... :/
    About the only thing I can think of from DA2 is Varric. Better yet, have everything that happened in DA2 be a fabrication based on an unreliable narrator (AKA: Varric). He could be Kaiser Sosa! Oh man, that would be awesome if he engineered the whole Templar vs. Mage situation and people didn't act as dumb as they did in the story, but Varric retold it so he was just a supporting character and not the antagonist. That would be epic. He could be DA's Handsome Jack.