Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    I do have one question, for the people currently paying ( reading though massively.joystiq.com ) am i correct in reading current subscribers are not getting any legitimate new content except a store?
    Patch 1.5 will introduce the store and some new content.

New Daily area (6 missions and the heroic 4-man one is fantastic imo)
    HK questline
    New world boss (nice mechanic on the bugger, each time you kill it you get new codex/loot as the boss gets stronger, stacks to 5).
    EC Nightmare mode raid (my guild has been waiting for this for a long time).
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-10-24 at 08:38 AM.

Lol. same old SWTOR forums. EAware making bad decisions, and Forsedar still banging the gong for them. 'Cept now he's a mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm sorry, but we certainly didn't know that's what he meant. He was talking like it was a gift to everyone and they should be grateful. I didn't realize he just meant you can do it for any time period. That's not really a selling point.
    Unlimited by time, the game is free with most "basic" features while the time is unlimited.

Unrestricted - No restrictions. Isn't that what the OP actually meant?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/unrestricted

While they both similar (I did fail saying that they are not the same, they are in a sense of being free) but unrestricted playing the game without restrictions while unlimited playing without a time limit.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2012-10-24 at 09:12 AM.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    F2P players get 4 quickbars like we all do currently. BW have ADDED an extra TWO quickbar slots (QB 5 and 6). Those are added freely to subs but F2P have to unlock them. Seeing as the game has been out for close to a year with only 4 slots, I can't see the fuss over this.

Again, 4 quickbar slots (what we all have now) are free. The 2 new ones need to be unlocked by F2P'ers.
    Didn't think about it this way. Suppose its not as bad as i read it in my head actually.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Well, without proper context (you get four bars), that's pretty major actually, and on the initial list from DarthHater there was no proper context. That's like monetizing keybinds. With proper context it's not too bad, but the idea behind it still still incredibly shitty. Like, seriously, the idea behind it is still really bad. Glad it's ended up to be entirely optional though.
    In case someone is interested in a discussion... shouldn't it be expected that this person actually makes the effort to inform him/herself before bleeding all over the forums? If people would really care.. they would actually try to inform themselves and not start making assumptions, rub it in everybodies face only to backpaddle when someone with actual informations can prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    And FYI, for people to be angry over something, they have to care about it. My disappointment/borderline anger over some of the stuff in WoW and SWTOR (Which I don't play either one right now) are because I care about the games. The same goes for my disappointment or anger over some of the things in the games I do play as well.
    That might be true for you but I've met too many people which had no interest nor desire to play the game ever again but they used the forums mainly to make themselves feel better because they said in the very beginning that this game is going to fail.

I am very pleased, this is exactly the kind of stuff I hoped to expect in the cartel store. especially since subbers get it anyway, which makes any kind of criticism null and void.

what will you guys complain about next? you will not be able to play this game like you did until now when you unsub, you guys should have understood that by now. and no one wants you to be able to do that.
    Last edited by moff; 2012-10-24 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Patch 1.5 will introduce the store and some new content.

New Daily area (6 missions and the heroic 4-man one is fantastic imo)
    HK questline
    New world boss (nice mechanic on the bugger, each time you kill it you get new codex/loot as the boss gets stronger, stacks to 5).
    EC Nightmare mode raid (my guild has been waiting for this for a long time).
    EC Nightmare mode raid: Is this a new raid or just a harder difficulty of a current existing one?

the only thing I wonder is if there unlocks are permanent, buying all this stuff once might be cheaper in the long run

The overly toxic enviroment that f2p talks have created is slowly eating the game up like cancer. When the f2p announcement hit during the summer most the ppl on my rwz team quit in the next few days, to be fair I am sure some would have left of GW2 anyways. The negativity and constant wave of ppl leaving has picked up too much momentum and seems to be snowballing taking more and more ppl daily. With these recent announcements I have to believe they will drop to 2 to 4 servers at the most with f2p. In the few weeks to follow the guild went from 4 raid groups to 1 struggling to run with so many ppl throwing in the towel. Guild mergers are happening like crazy and it is still not enough to keep up with the player bleed off. Seeing Harbinger go from the highest pop server in the world to where it is now is mind blowing. I have seen a few things saying 2 of the remaining servers are doing well but the rest seem to be in the same defunct hell as Harbinger.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I guess rather than actually making this a good thing for the game and attracting players or even convincing old ones to come back they would rather make it the most unattractive account model ever....

Sometimes I wonder who in the hell thinks up this crap and how in the hell did they ever become involved in gaming? I love SWTOR but the people behind this game have there heads so far up there asses its unbelievable. NO ONE in there right mind is going to jump on this. The ONLY people that might swallow this are the ones already playing the game and if that was what they where going for.. they could of left it alone and simply shipped another raid for all the good this will do.

ridiculous

I finished reading the darthhater summary and I still am VERY pleased with this store.
    endgame weapons and gear are empty orange items (save the crystal, if the darth hater item database links them correctly). there are not even adrenals, stims or medpacs to buy. it is strictly vanity and convenience stuff.

two special things also caught my attention: HK-51 does actually seem to be a real legacy unlock, according to darht hater he can be unlocked for 1 million credits or 350 cartel coins, yay says my yet unborn bounty hunter!

the second thing is this beauty: http://db-ptr.darthhater.com/items/5...e_hutt_cartel/ major single player content coming? I hope so. edit: just googled this, it is indeed makeb, the long announced new story planet.
    Last edited by moff; 2012-10-24 at 11:26 AM.

On dulfys website someone linked a lightsaber and if you check the stat picture it says below ctrl + right click for mods.... ctrl + left click for a preview!. In case this means we can actually preview weapons, that would be nice to have.

As I can't see darthhater.com at work... on dulfys summary the crystals have a minimum lvl of 31 or 35.

yes we can preview weapons now and many other items that were not able to be expected before, its in the pts patch notes

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    So, how about them addons and macros?

Or chat bubbles.

Or sitting in chairs.

Hmm?
    What addons and macros?

Chat bubbles are coming.

Sitting in chairs? Obviously you are different, but my MMO experience is not defined by sitting in chairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    the only thing I wonder is if there unlocks are permanent, buying all this stuff once might be cheaper in the long run
    I sure hope so, I hated the APB system on leased weapons (although it was using ingame money not irl money but still).
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/a...eetoplay-1.jpg

yeah EA did it, what do you guys think about new cartel shop stuff and f2p limitations?

source: http://www.darthhater.com/
    While I think EA is being amazingly clueless given their claim that they want to get TOR "growing" again. I believe I recall one or two other F2P's offering extra UI thingies for MT's.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

there are some pretty nice orange sets in the store btw. there is also a revan set, but like the nihilus mask, its part of the PACKS, which means random chance to get. and they're BOE. As it stands now, I can completely stand behind this store and I am sure we all expected much worse stuff. I hope people buy stuff from it so it never needs to offer combat relevant items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    The ONLY people that might swallow this are the ones already playing the game
    This is my main concern as well. The more apparently ignorant Austin shows themselves to be. The more I ponder that this may actually end up lowering revenue instead of increasing it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    In case someone is interested in a discussion... shouldn't it be expected that this person actually makes the effort to inform him/herself before bleeding all over the forums? If people would really care.. they would actually try to inform themselves and not start making assumptions, rub it in everybodies face only to backpaddle when someone with actual informations can prove them wrong.
    This is a classic example of trying to mask insults. Please get off your high horse. Backpedaling is slowly trying to get out of something they said, not seeing proof that their concern was unwarranted and then directly expressing that they understand the whole picture now. It's people like you that ruin these discussions for everyone, but I have come to expect that since you started posting.

There are simple facts that no matter how many people say, "Well what did you expect? You need to pay for everything losers." Those facts are that this game does not hold up in comparison to every other major F2P game on the market in terms of structure. This is not a comment on the game, nor EA directly (though it's their fault). It's just stating a factual comparison. This game gives you less, is not designed to draw players in, and is more offputting to former subscribers than other F2P games.

The reasons are numerous and have been repeated by several people, though met with the same generic responses. If you don't think there is a problem, then your beloved game is destined for the same fate as SWG: Lots of shitty patches that innately change the game until they shut it down. If people aren't around, you don't have a game.

I've already stated that if a couple of things happen this isn't so bad:
    1) Give former subscribers their coins regardless of when they come back to the game and without a subscription.
    2) Give means to earn coins in the game.

That is literally all they would have to do to dramatically improve the situation. The Market isn't designed ideally, but is magnified by these two things not happening. When you are a minority in saying how awesome this game is and the Market is perfect, you should realize there is a large problem coming your way. Whether it's you, the 'loyal person' giving even more money to keep the game running or the game ceasing to run for lack of income/players is irrelevant.

There will be consequences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    EC Nightmare mode raid: Is this a new raid or just a harder difficulty of a current existing one?
    Some of the boss mechanics for the nightmare version of EC are new (different to those of Hard Mode). The Raid/Op is the same though. The difficulty increase is due mainly to the new mechanics involved. The lure of this addition to 1.5 is mainly for those many guilds who found EC HM quite fun but wanted more of a challenge (like my guild for example).