Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I should.

I just don't like the idea or random chance from the bosses you have to do three times to get bosses that have random chance to drop craft items.
    I understand your thoughts because it can be frustrating having no drop. Basically if you want paragon levels then the 35% xp the ring gives is great and you see if you can get a good one.

If you are not interested in paragon then the guaranteed xp on ring has no appeal. Farm wherever you want and when a ring drops it is as good as (or better because can get 6 properties) the hellfire ring and thats that.

Leoric's signet sells for millions (purely based on it's xp bonus) so I guess the Hellfire ring is a long process but guarantees you at the end of it all to get a +xp ring.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    ^_^

Wow.
    What a lucky barb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    ^_^

Gnarly, bro. Gratz.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I got my first hellfire ring...took a while, but you must understand it took me 17 runs on mp2/3 to get my first key.
    182dex
    82int
    67vit
    loh 323
    8%life
    I'll wear this bitch loud and proud even at a 9k dps loss + AR

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychoblu View Post
    So I got my first hellfire ring...took a while, but you must understand it took me 17 runs on mp2/3 to get my first key.
    182dex
    82int
    67vit
    loh 323
    8%life
    I'll wear this bitch loud and proud even at a 9k dps loss + AR
    You wouldn't wanna do it anymore least in my experience, It's been frustration after frustration with like 50 rings and counting. I gave up and likely will try again when I get to 100 =/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You wouldn't wanna do it anymore least in my experience, It's been frustration after frustration with like 50 rings and counting. I gave up and likely will try again when I get to 100 =/
    50 rings!?! Think I'd be happy to get one with chance to crit and a nice dex roll. Think I'll create one more for my scoundrel, still have a spine and three machines.

What do you do with all your old rings?

10+ Year Old Account
    50 rings!?! Think I'd be happy to get one with chance to crit and a nice dex roll. Think I'll create one more for my scoundrel, still have a spine and three machines.

What do you do with all your old rings?
    They're... in my stash literally lol

I have one Addled Brain, so I'll farm up the Popped Socket and Enlarged Heart for one more ring, and that's it, I'm 99.99% likely done with the Hellfire Ring.

Note: I may have the organ names wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I have one Addled Brain, so I'll farm up the Popped Socket and Enlarged Heart for one more ring, and that's it, I'm 99.99% likely done with the Hellfire Ring.

Note: I may have the organ names wrong.
    LOL, love your organ names

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    They're... in my stash literally lol
    I looked at your character sheet and it didn't show any bonus exp on your followers...bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, love your organ names

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 07:06 PM ----------

I looked at your character sheet and it didn't show any bonus exp on your followers...bug?
    Yeah It's a bug, They add in your experience a decent amount mind you.

Decided to roll a Vit ring. It rolled low, but I can't complain about the random properties. Good if I ever level a Dex alt.

Actually making me think I should keep making these things

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Decided to roll a Vit ring. It rolled low, but I can't complain about the random properties. Good if I ever level a Dex alt.

Actually making me think I should keep making these things
    Patch 1.05 pretty much nailed it: this hunting for the one and only Ring is a fabulous good mechanic.

Independant what gear you have (well I just can farm it now in MP3 without dying much and it is a blast).

Those who left don't know what they miss.

I like this kind of "goals" in grind mechanics. I remember I needed a Bow plan to drop in WOW TBC. I think it was something like 1 chance in 200. Fabulous 7 days I had there. Or the weekly hunt for an epic horse at the first boss in Kara...

Now I have this all the time in D3.

great mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another day of farming. It's been a week and a half and I still only have two keys total. I can't go beyond MP1 either. All this for naught, assuming I can kill the bosses, they don't even guarantee a drop. So ridiculous.

Yet another day of farming. It's been a week and a half and I still only have two keys total. I can't go beyond MP1 either. All this for naught, assuming I can kill the bosses, they don't even guarantee a drop. So ridiculous.
    I've only built two rings so far, and I've been pretty dang lucky. Even with my gear (which I say with all humility, is indeed bomb) I need primo coop players to get anything done.

I wouldn't be too down on yourself, Blizz designed some of this stuff to be difficult. And not just difficult in gameplay, but difficult in that you need good gear, good luck, and good players with you.

Deleted
    Sometimes you can find a group of 3 nice people who will do an Uber boss run on monster power 10 with you. You just need to bring three machines, so a portal to each realm can be made. Everyone gets a guaranteed ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Sometimes you can find a group of 3 nice people who will do an Uber boss run on monster power 10 with you. You just need to bring three machines, so a portal to each realm can be made. Everyone gets a guaranteed ring.
    I'd love to find some of those nice people, too. :O
    I've seen groups asking for up to 10m for a run, even if you bring all 3 machines.
    I have 3 IMs sitting in my inventory and just want to make a vit-ring for alt-leveling purposes. Actual ring farming will come in the distant future as I still want more gear/paragon for higher MP. I can kill elites on MP7 (well, w/o retarded affixes at least) somewhat comfortably, but meh, takes quite a while. :<

Im amased people even can do MP10 ubbers. Tried it today, 150 million HP, with such high damage...sick
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Think this was my ... 4th?

I use it on my cold resist monk.

Now my problem is should I even keep making them? Should I honestly hope for a trifecta instead of that int in the middle there x_x At least that's a better problem to have than hoping to get a duo of stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Im amased people even can do MP10 ubbers. Tried it today, 150 million HP, with such high damage...sick
    MP5 is really the best I can do, anything above that gets real sticky, real fast. Hats off to those who can go higher.

@Damezumari That is not bad at all. Grats.