Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes but that int there was part of an INT/VIT random roll so not all bad.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know why I keep doing this to myself arg -.- FRUSTRATION after frustration

/wrist

Hellfire Ring Questions

So I decided to start my quest for a Hellfire Ring, and I had a couple of questions:

-Do you NEED to farm the keys on Monster Power levels?
    -And subsequently, do you NEED to kill the uber bosses on MP levels to get them to drop their special item?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Key farming can even be done on mp0 however each MP adds the chance obviously
    -----
    1 10%
    2 20%
    3 30%

And all the way til 100% via MP 10

The Uber bosses use the same formula via the keys so yes the higher the MP the better

- Both MP Zero's chance of an Key/Organ is default set to 5%.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-19 at 01:22 AM.

No you do not however the drop chance of every piece is significanlty improved.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    For players in Inferno participating in the Infernal Machine event, Monster Power will also increase the drop chance for Keywarden Keys and Demonic Organ Pieces by 10% for each MP level, all the way up to 100% at MP 10.
    Source

To prevent frustration if you can't solo farm with MP I'd advocate farming out the mats for 3 machines yourself on whatever MP you can handle and then paying for a high MP run through of the ubers to get your organs (5% chance of a piece is not worth a machine imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    To prevent frustration if you can't solo farm with MP I'd advocate farming out the mats for 3 machines yourself on whatever MP you can handle and then paying for a high MP run through of the ubers to get your organs (5% chance of a piece is not worth a machine imo).
    Yeah, but high MP run throughs cost a fuckton of gold, which I don't have. I can do MP5 without too much trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

So it is a 10% increase per level from no MP which is 5%.

So say MP5 would be 55% chance for Key/organ drop. I thought MP5 was 50% drop.

Not that it matters hugely but just wondering.

Also has there been any official word on if MF has any effect on Key/organ drops. I have not seen any.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post

Also has there been any official word on if MF has any effect on Key/organ drops. I have not seen any.
    It's 5% with no MP, 10% with MP1, 20% MP2, 90% MP9 etc. There has been official word a while ago, MF does not affect any of the keys/parts in any way.

I've only bothered to farm one set on MP8, I'd rather not bother spending the time killing a random skeleton with 50m health on MP10, the int ring I got had vit/crit dmg and some other stuff, very useful for my follower, all in all I'd rather not waste time doing it as my rings are far better than anything I could possibly get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post

MF in no way in shape of form interacts with the key / organs; It's just a flat % regardless of the outcome. However their is source yet but I'm sure well get one soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Of course It's horrible it got jay wilson'd meaning it WAS good however now the only real reason for the purpose of this ring is for yourself to craft a decent trifeta or duelfecta w/e of the two works in addition to the obvious paragon exp which I don't even need well soon anyway.

Lol 25k per ball? Really? My bat can do that much damage I mean really I agreed 5-8 million damage per fireball was OP on the PTR however lowering it to 25k? Really? Really????

Btw I've made about 30 of these things, My sanity is shattered lol'd

No but really 25k What the F
    Because level 1s can use it. It's a bonus. I think the part where you commented on your sanity is key to comprehending your post; half of it is pure gibberish trying desperately to look like English.

The Hellfire Ring is great for anyone below Paragon level 100, even with unlucky rolls.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-20 at 02:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For a first try... I kind of like it :

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    For a first try... I kind of like it :

I like it too. Can I have it?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to give it to you, but unfortunately, hellfire ring cannot be traded, sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 9 Machines right now so if anyone here feels like they can carry through MP10, Hit me up.

I have a pretty geared CM Wizard buddy too which makes it basically a breeze.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    35 exp means i can change my gem in my hat to something more useful and not really feel slowed down on paragon, of course i can keep my exp gem to max efficiency for paragons but after a while I really don't care, I'd rather not feel gimped and just enjoy the benefit of the more exp and a useful gem. I think paragons tend to have a softcap around 70 anyway in terms of benefit to gear, I stopped equipping mf at plvl 5 /shrug. I think its good and its the only item you can reroll if you don't like the one you have.

Deleted
    Just got this one on my first try

Hellfire Ring
    +27 Maximum damage
    +199 Strength
    +75 Vitality
    Attackspeed increased by 9%
    Critical Hit Chance increased by 4.0%
    Increase Bonus Experience by 35%
    Chance to launch an explosive ball of Hellfire when you attack

Guess I was really lucky

I made it up to MP7 without spending too much (around 10-20 mil) to gear out my monk. Anything more requires hundreds of millions per piece. I'm open to helping people for free if I've got time. Just PM me your schedule and let me know or ask in this thread. I can certainly handle KW on MP7. Not entirely certain how I'd fair against the actual UBERS boss though but I'm open to helping.

By the way the way it works is NV and MF do not affect key chance nor does the amount of people in the group. The only thing that counts towards the KW dropping a key and the organs dropping is MP level. That is MP1=10%, MP2=20%...MP10=100%.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2013-06-11 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I made it up to MP7 without spending too much (around 10-20 mil) to gear out my monk. Anything more requires hundreds of millions per piece. I'm open to helping people for free if I've got time. Just PM me your schedule and let me know or ask in this thread. I can certainly handle KW on MP7. Not entirely certain how I'd fair against the actual UBERS boss though but I'm open to helping.

By the way the way it works is NV and MP do not affect key chance nor does the amount of people in the group. The only thing that counts towards the KW dropping a key and the organs dropping is MP level. That is MP1=10%, MP2=20%...MP10=100%.
    Nobody is even arguing about how Keys / Organs drop, and you got it half wrong as well!

5 Stack NV is required to even have a chance at a key dropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Nobody is even arguing about how Keys / Organs drop, and you got it half wrong as well!

5 Stack NV is required to even have a chance at a key dropping.
    No, I got it 100% right. I said

By the way the way it works is NV and MF do not affect key chance nor does the amount of people in the group. The only thing that counts towards the KW dropping a key and the organs dropping is MP level. That is MP1=10%, MP2=20%...MP10=100%.
    This is 100% accurate. NV, MF and number of players in group do not affect key or organ drop at all. The only thing that counts is MP level. Yes you need 5 stack of NV but that doesn't change your drop chance it is a requirement which I never even mentioned in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    No, I got it 100% right. I said

This is 100% accurate. NV, MF and number of players in group do not affect key or organ drop at all. The only thing that counts is MP level. Yes you need 5 stack of NV but that doesn't change your drop chance it is a requirement which I never even mentioned in my post.
    NV does affect key drops in that if you kill a warden with 0 NV you have a 0% chance (regardless of MP) of getting a drop, it's not hard to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.