Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    still not cool man.
    I know hitting people isn't cool, but to be honest, if I person came to me and started flaming me, calling me a bitch, for more than 10 minutes, I would either call the cops or hit that person. I would first threaten the person by calling the cops, if that doesn't work, hitting or atleast pushing and your "chest" will usually do the work.

Cba about her/him annoying me, me and other people, have better things to do than listening to someone calling us b*tch and all that crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG AWESOME VIDEO! Nice find, that is what a lot of people in this world deserve sometimes. People sometimes have to get beat up to learn something, and lose their immortal ego's. I know she acting it out, looking for a reaction for youtube, but still. And yes, people shouldn't be laying their hands on anybody else, but I really feel in this case it was deserved. Tell you what, she aint gonna be doing that again.
    Last edited by ares1023; 2012-10-24 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    so you would put your hands on another human being in a violent way because they said words at you?

think about this for a minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I know hitting people isn't cool, but to be honest, if I person came to me and started flaming me, calling me a bitch, for more than 10 minutes, I would either call the cops or hit that person. I would first threaten the person by calling the cops, if that doesn't work, hitting or atleast pushing and your "chest" will usually do the work.

Cba about her/him annoying me, me and other people, have better things to do than listening to someone calling us b*tch and all that crap.
    Calling the cops would be the right decision. Hitting the person when the cops are about to arrive would not be...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Calling the cops would be the right decision. Hitting the person when the cops are about to arrive would not be...
    It was the right thing to do in my eyes.

I would have called police too if she went on, but really she deserved it.

Maybe not that many punches, but she got what was coming to her.

You start insulting and pushing strangers and this is what you get.

Do not take non-violence stance to the extreme levels, you tolerate annoying people, but this girl was more than just annoying.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-10-24 at 12:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    so you would put your hands on another human being in a violent way because they said words at you?

think about this for a minute.
    If the person doesn't get my gaze/glare/fear from me, I will most certainly get away from them or just push them, I doubt I would ever resort to punching or anything like that.
    Sorry if I worded that wrong.

What I meant is, in a possible case scenario, I would threaten her/him by saying that I would call the cops(this doesn't mean I will call the cops) and if that doesn't work, I'll push him/her or even punch, but I wouldn't do that, I know I said I would, but I wouldn't, I haven't hit a person and I don't plan on doing so.

What I would normally do is pretty much call the cops right away and wait for them to show up, whether the person is gone or not, I think.

Also, not everyone can control themselves or think "clearly" in these situations, so I'd say it's pretty normal that that woman hit the one filming.

Deleted
    It might be quick and effective, doesn't make it right however. If you really want to use fear I'm sure that grabbing her and pushing her up against the wall, looking her straight in the eye and telling her to stop might work as well... I'm not sure if others would have the right to grab her camera and turn it off, but in overall she seems to be too drunk for her own good at a public place, I feel that you should call the police to pick her up so she can sober up or try to get someone she knows to pick her up.

Just because someone is annoying to you, that gives you no right to lay your hands on the person, except in self defense.
    I totally hear what you're saying, and I don't mean to second guess or anything. I just felt it was valuable information to supply that I've had approximately 40-50 cases of overly drunk teenagers (Used to work alot at night in public areas) and more often than not, outside of urban districts the perpitrators would be gone long before a policecar could show up to handle the situration. And that more often than not LONG after that person having caused quite a bit of commotion and havoc, sometimes even incited others to violence against them or others.

But I strongly support the idea of grabbing the person to hold them still in a lock of sorts. While it may seem invasive on someone inaffected by drugs or alcohol, to someone who's exposed to behavior modification, it's the best thing you can do. Often you can be led into delusions that you're 'high and mighty' which appears to be the situration with this girl, where making sure showing her physically and mentally that she is weak can work as a great stimulant to bring her behavior down.

Ofcourse this has a good chance to backfire aswell as some people will get extremely violent and depending on target and your strenght you may need backup. A situration I've helped with several times and seen proven effective is round up a few friends (Or coworkers in my case) and surround the person. Call the police and make sure to first attempt to calmly negotiate with the person in question. If it does'nt work (And it most often don't) you can organize an effective meassure to physically 'lock down' the person in question and make sure they understand they CANNOT win a fight. (Note: When drunk or high, size/weight is often not intimidating as you feel powerful, but overwhelming numbers and bad odds is recognized in most influenced states). When the police DOES arrive after a while let them take over and be sure to let the officers know you will support them if anything happens. (While it may seem cocky, if two officers arrive and a group of young people are getting rily nearby they'll be VERY happy to know someone sober and at work is ready to step in to help or atleast warn them).

So yeah, punching repedeately is NOT a good sollution, but being overwhelmed physically can take most people down VERY fast from being cocky and mighty to understanding the severity of their actions.

- My two cents.

I would have done the exact same thing, she deserved it, and if I was there to watch, I'd be sitting there laughing at that stupid girl.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

you could also spit on the camera lens that would get the point across pretty quick lol
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I totally hear what you're saying, and I don't mean to second guess or anything. I just felt it was valuable information to supply that I've had approximately 40-50 cases of overly drunk teenagers (Used to work alot at night in public areas) and more often than not, outside of urban districts the perpitrators would be gone long before a policecar could show up to handle the situration. And that more often than not LONG after that person having caused quite a bit of commotion and havoc, sometimes even incited others to violence against them or others.

But I strongly support the idea of grabbing the person to hold them still in a lock of sorts. While it may seem invasive on someone inaffected by drugs or alcohol, to someone who's exposed to behavior modification, it's the best thing you can do. Often you can be led into delusions that you're 'high and mighty' which appears to be the situration with this girl, where making sure showing her physically and mentally that she is weak can work as a great stimulant to bring her behavior down.

Ofcourse this has a good chance to backfire aswell as some people will get extremely violent and depending on target and your strenght you may need backup. A situration I've helped with several times and seen proven effective is round up a few friends (Or coworkers in my case) and surround the person. Call the police and make sure to first attempt to calmly negotiate with the person in question. If it does'nt work (And it most often don't) you can organize an effective meassure to physically 'lock down' the person in question and make sure they understand they CANNOT win a fight. (Note: When drunk or high, size/weight is often not intimidating as you feel powerful, but overwhelming numbers and bad odds is recognized in most influenced states). When the police DOES arrive after a while let them take over and be sure to let the officers know you will support them if anything happens. (While it may seem cocky, if two officers arrive and a group of young people are getting rily nearby they'll be VERY happy to know someone sober and at work is ready to step in to help or atleast warn them).

So yeah, punching repedeately is NOT a good sollution, but being overwhelmed physically can take most people down VERY fast from being cocky and mighty to understanding the severity of their actions.

- My two cents.
    Thank you for sharing this, much appreciated. And I fully agree with that this is probably the best way of going about it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 03:06 AM ----------

If the person doesn't get my gaze/glare/fear from me, I will most certainly get away from them or just push them, I doubt I would ever resort to punching or anything like that.

Sorry if I worded that wrong.

What I meant is, in a possible case scenario, I would threaten her/him by saying that I would call the cops(this doesn't mean I will call the cops) and if that doesn't work, I'll push him/her or even punch, but I wouldn't do that, I know I said I would, but I wouldn't, I haven't hit a person and I don't plan on doing so.

What I would normally do is pretty much call the cops right away and wait for them to show up, whether the person is gone or not, I think.

Also, not everyone can control themselves or think "clearly" in these situations, so I'd say it's pretty normal that that woman hit the one filming.
    Not saying it wasn't normal, it's a natural reaction, a primitive one at that. It's what most people want to do when hatred/annoyance begin to bubble up inside of us, doesn't mean we should let it take over and give in to it. And yes I fully understand that some people have a harder time controlling that, but that does not make them entitled to do it and they will have to suffer possible consequences for their actions.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    It was the right thing to do in my eyes.

I would have called police too if she went on, but really she deserved it.

Maybe not that many punches, but she got what was coming to her.

You start insulting and pushing strangers and this is what you get.

Do not take non-violence stance to the extreme levels, you tolerate annoying people, but this girl was more than just annoying.
    She wasn't THAT annoying, I've endured far more annoying people without resorting to violence. I would say that Kasperio's way of dealing with the situation is the best one.

Also how annoying you find people is relative from person to person, so using "but she was really annoying!" as an excuse isn't really valid either. A person can find someone who acts completely normal to be really annoying, doesn't entitle them to hit them for it.

You choose to hit the person, you deserve whatever justice is coming your way for doing so.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-10-24 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Physical violence is the last resort in any situation. However, this person was clearly throwing any other option out the window with her behavior. Instead of dumbing down what she said with a simple "she's talking shit" lets actually think about what she's saying. "Look at these faggots" "Fuck you, bitch!" "Fuck UDF!" and such: she's clearly hostile and antisocial. She is angry and looking for an outlet to purge some of that hate. She brags about being raised in foster care to bolster her own toughness, and is filming the goings on, clearly signs of high confidence. She is not only saying things but doing things against the wishes of the people in the store ("Stop filming me") even after being asked not to. She is clearly looking for conflict, and not strictly verbal, as she's threatening the other girl.

She came there looking for a fight, and she got one. She didn't like the outcome. I don't blame her for that, but you can't cry about someone running faster than you after you challenge them to a foot race. Don't look for a fight if you're not prepared to get your ass handed to you.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Deleted
    Not saying it wasn't normal, it's a natural reaction, a primitive one at that. It's what most people want to do when hatred/annoyance begin to bubble up inside of us, doesn't mean we should let it take over and give in to it. And yes I fully understand that some people have a harder time controlling that, but that does not make them entitled to do it and they will have to suffer possible consequences for their actions.
    Thing is, if you flame someone, and that someone can't contain herself/himself, is it his/her fault if you get hit by her/him? I know that hitting is wrong, I know that some people can't control the urge to teach you a lesson, but sometimes people just can't contain themselves, specially in this case, she was just calling everyone, in a blatantly way, MF and b*tch, so yeah, I'd say the woman's reaction on hitting her was something to be expected, right?

And I hardly think that the black woman that hit the other one would even be blamed or anything for hitting the white one, especially since she was swearing at everyone.

Also how annoying you find people is relative from person to person, so using "but she was really annoying!" as an excuse isn't really valid either. A person can find someone who acts completely normal to be really annoying, doesn't entitle them to hit them for it.

You choose to hit the person, you deserve whatever justice is coming your way for doing so.
    Thing is, if someone harasses you in any form, if you hit them, you're pretty much doing it for your own protection, self defense. As far as I know, verbal abuse is as bad as physical harassing someone maybe even worse in some cases. What that woman did was her defending herself from the white's insults.

I still don't think she should have hit her, but she was pretty much defending herself, you know. :/
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-10-24 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She wasn't THAT annoying. I've endured far more annoying people without resorting to violence. I would say that Kasperio's way of dealing with the situation is the best one.
    As you stated, everyone is different, and everyone handles different kinds of irritants differently.

When I was in high school, I was talking to a table full of girls in the lunch room. I heard snickers turn into shouted insults and jokes about me from the table of guys behind me. I turned and game them a bit of a warning look (at least that was my intention, for all I know I may have looked like I was having a stroke). Shortly thereafter, one of them hit me in the back with an open carton of chocolate milk, splattering milk all over my leather jacket and the girls I was talking to. I flipped their table over on them. None of them made it to the door. I got in a lot of trouble. But you know what? They stopped being bullies. To pretty much anyone.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.

Deleted
    Logged in via mobile to ask this, really have to sleep though.
    What is UDF?

Also I simply applaud the behavior of the black girl.

learn about
    consequences she must

-Yoda

10+ Year Old Account
    Logged in via mobile to ask this, really have to sleep though.
    What is UDF?
    United Dairy Farmers. I think.

Ice cream place turned gas station chain.

Deleted
    Thing is, if you flame someone, and that someone can't contain herself/himself, is it his/her fault if you get hit by her/him? I know that hitting is wrong, I know that some people can't control the urge to teach you a lesson, but sometimes people just can't contain themselves, specially in this case, she was just calling everyone, in a blatantly way, MF and b*tch, so yeah, I'd say the woman's reaction on hitting her was something to be expected, right?

And I hardly think that the black woman that hit the other one would even be blamed or anything for hitting the white one, especially since she was swearing at everyone.
    If someone can't control themselves and resorts to punching another over being name-called, then yes that's his/her fault. You say that the person had it coming, I say that the person who can't control themselves in such a situation has a possible law-suit coming.

The woman who punched her probably got away with no charges sure, but that was in this scenario. But don't expect that to apply for every situation, nor that you are allowed to punch someone just because they name-call you. It's against the law, and if you choose to break it, even in a moment of rage, you will have to face justice for it.

The biggest problem with thinking it's ok to punch/beat someone for name-calling or the like is that, where would you draw the line for what's ok? A single slap? A punch to the face? Several punches and kicks until the person can no longer move? Perhaps even kill the person? Most likely you will hit the person until you have sated your rage, at which point you might have severely injured the person. And for what? For being called names?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    you could also spit on the camera lens that would get the point across pretty quick lol
    Yeah, most people aren't snipers with their spit.

As for my opinion on the video, some people just need to be hit. I'm normally against violence, but in this situation, I think this girl was likely a person who would calling the cops as being a pussy and it would just feed her. She'd think she was right and continue this type of behavior.

It's hard to tell, though.

If someone can't control themselves and resorts to punching another over being name-called, then yes that's his/her fault. You say that the person had it coming, I say that the person who can't control themselves in such a situation has a possible law-suit coming.

The woman who punched her probably got away with no charges sure, but that was in this scenario. But don't expect that to apply for every situation, nor that you are allowed to punch someone just because they name-call you. It's against the law, and if you choose to break it, even in a moment of rage, you will have to face justice for it.

The biggest problem with thinking it's ok to punch/beat someone for name-calling or the like is that, where would you draw the line for what's ok? A single slap? A punch to the face? Several punches and kicks until the person can no longer move? Perhaps even kill the person? Most likely you will hit the person until you have sated your rage, at which point you might have severely injured the person. And for what? For being called names?
    She wasn't just calling people names, she was also getting in their face and in their way.

Deleted

No, bad comparison. Each scenario is different, everybody
    knows this. And nobody will kill anyone or severely injure over
    simple name calling.

My opinion is still that she had it coming, and your
    view at violence and agression is not going to change it.

And now I really need some sleep.

Her real parents are looking pretty good right about now, good call

Deleted

Even though there are many people that can't control themselves on these situations, I doubt there's that many people that wouldn't be able to control themselves. In the video, this was obvious, only the black woman got agitated, everyone else remained calmed. And why would the white woman sue the black woman for hitting her? She was drunk, she probably doesn't even remember that night well, so getting sued is something that won't happen.

About other possible scenarios. Yes, it's possible that if someone came at you and started swearing and calling you a b*tch (assuming the person isn't drunk) and you hit that person, I wouldn't admire if the person that got hit would sue the other one, but if the person that is getting sue isn't dumb, he/she would too sue the person calling her/him names, see where I am going with this? It's a double edge knife for both parties. Doesn't change the fact that hitting is wrong, in my opinion.

Like I have said several times, hitting is not okay, it's never okay(let's take out the war zone scenarios for the sake of this discussion) and no one can draw the line or say when it's enough or not enough when hitting someone.
    If I was present in the scenario, the one in the video, I would have tried talking to the lady that was filming and swearing, the only thing that I would do to her would probably just try to hold her and call the cops and keep holding her, but even that, for me, is pretty extreme, for me that's already crossing the line(my sense of line). I honestly don't know what to say anymore.

All I know is that hitting is wrong, and everyone has their limits about these things and it's not only the white and black women's fault, the people around them are also part to blame for not doing anything about the matter.

No, bad comparison. Each scenario is different, everybody
    knows this. And nobody will kill anyone or severely injure over
    simple name calling.

My opinion is still that she had it coming, and your
    view at violence and agression is not going to change it.

And now I really need some sleep.
    It's not a bad comparison, it's a possible scenario, whether it's rare or not.

And it's possible that someone would kill the other person just for being named called, I'm sure humans have killed for even less than that. :/
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-10-24 at 01:37 AM.