Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Been soloing shit on my premade hunter on the ptr and i can say with certainty they have removed the raid group requirement for entering old raids

this is such wonderful news as a soloer im happy as can be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Step 1: Trial account
    Step 2: Level to 10
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit.

Seems like you can skip steps 1-3 now.
    Or just ask a guildie / friend to log an alt, invite it and forget? Why people bother with a second account is beyond me, I'm far from sociable but still never have problems getting someone to spend 1min logging an old and then logging back to what they were doing.

That said - glad it's been changed, one less hoop to jump through.

Deleted
    Long, very long overdue. Nonetheless: time to solo ALL the raids!

10+ Year Old Account
    <joke>Now all we need is daily resets *coughnevergoodenoughrite?* </joke>

No, really, this change is awesome. I hated having to poke my girlfriend to relog for an invite every time

Deleted
    So what ? Bosses still drop no Gold like it realy matters if you dont need to open a second wow anymore or ask a friend

You don't need level 10. You can have lv 1 in a raid group. Need to run this script on your lv 1 char:
    /run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)
    So it's just trial acc->macro->?->profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Pretty nice convenience change here!

It isn't anything amazing, but it really is annoying when you wipe, or need to go in and have to ask someone else to stop what they're doing, just for you.

Still required to extend lockouts to skip bosses like Conclave, maybe it's just me... But this doesn't affect me at all seeing as the only mounts I don't have from raids require me to skip certain unsoloable bosses.

While that is a nice QoL improvement, I am also excited about the brawler's guild.

Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers who have their mitts on an invitation a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    What the fuck, people had secondary accounts just so they could invite their alt to enter raids?
    This is a pointless change that saves you the 2-3 seconds of inviting a random person and entering. Yay?

"Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons."

Best news a soloer can have DDDDDDDDDDDDD

10+ Year Old Account

You never, ever skip Step 3.

Great change, long overdue. I might get back to farming the Fiery Warhorse's Reins again.

So overdue, but glad to see that.

Always been very annoyed by this, its sometimes hold me back to go out and solo some things aswell.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Yay, now I can get rid of the free account I used for this.

Could have used this before i knew about using trial account with script, still helps a tiny bit though

Too bad we still get feck all gold for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartst View Post
    What the fuck, people had secondary accounts just so they could invite their alt to enter raids?
    This is a pointless change that saves you the 2-3 seconds of inviting a random person and entering. Yay?
    So because you can't imagine a situation where something like this might be good or useful, and even though (as you state) it doesn't really effect you, you still feel the need to vent your tiny view of the world?

Did it not occur to you during your reply that you're moaning for no reason what so ever? Or is boosting your post count that important to you?

OT - Good, I have a trial account for just this reason and it saves me the hassle of running two versions of WOW (so I can still run in when I die) soloing some things with a shadow priest can be a little unforgiving

This is indeed a good change. Saves a bit hassle to enter old raid for soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    This is indeed a good change. Saves a bit hassle to enter old raid for soloing.
    Ironic that they add this shortly after nerfing the gold drops to nothing. But yeah, this is a nice change now that we will be pushing WOTLK soloing (about my limit).

Now if only they would make Razorgore soloable...