Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Being owned by H Stone Guard, live logs what's going on with me?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7mwd50104ylnpuv1/

I'm basically getting owned right now on 10H Stone Guard. I'm all gemmed for amstery, etc.

That is a full physical fight most of the time, why would you gem for mastery? Also, do you use glyph of stoneskin? If not, you should 54% of the overall is bleeding damage.

Shuffle 264 3203.7 27.9 %
    Tiger Power 99 4188.5 36.4 %

Also this, 30% ~ shuffle uptime? This needs to be close to 100%, no wonder.
    Also you let Tiger power fall off, how? You normally have some air in the rotation for free Tiger palm strikes. It also means you don't use the 3 point bonus for guard regularly.
    Last edited by Gungrir; 2012-10-24 at 03:18 AM.

Your crit's extremely low. Your mastery is a deal higher than what I had when I just killed it in 25 H, your haste is a little low...

Unless I'm reading that log weirdly, your shuffle and elusive brew uptimes are EXTREMELY low at 28.9% and 8.7% respectfully. That's probably the big thing that's killing you, and bumping up your haste and crit will help both of those a bit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kingchi/simple

Your gear is rather good, so it can't be that, apart from you putting everything into mastery and not going for expertise hard cap at this fight and like Madgod said, you should invest in haste and crit instead of mastery.

2187 (20.1 %)

That is your overall miss chance on this encounter

667 are misses because of offhand

40 Keg smash parried
    227 White hits parried
    69 Blackout kicks parried
    77 Jabs parried

That's why you need 15% expertise.
    Last edited by Gungrir; 2012-10-24 at 03:38 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reason I had such a low uptime on shuffle, which I know is bad. But I don't know if I'm just a bad player or not but omg it's fucking insane trying to keep those uptimes up high enough and keeping an eye on the energy of each dog, etc. -_-

And I went mastery/stam because I thought it would increase the EH of myself more than the haste/exp hard cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungrir View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kingchi/simple

Your gear is rather good, so it can't be that, apart from you putting everything into mastery and not going for expertise hard cap at this fight and like Madgod said, you should invest in haste and crit instead of mastery.

2187 (20.1 %)

That is your overall miss chance on this encounter

667 are misses because of offhand

40 Keg smash parried
    227 White hits parried
    69 Blackout kicks parried
    77 Jabs parried

That's why you need 15% expertise.
    You only need 7.5% expertise.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    Reason I had such a low uptime on shuffle, which I know is bad. But I don't know if I'm just a bad player or not but omg it's fucking insane trying to keep those uptimes up high enough and keeping an eye on the energy of each dog, etc. -_-

And I went mastery/stam because I thought it would increase the EH of myself more than the haste/exp hard cap.
    You are right BrM needs too juggle allot of things but just look how much chi was wasted because of parry 157. Also 69 of your Blackout kicks where parried, means you lost 414 sec of shuffle.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 03:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    You only need 7.5% expertise.
    Why? did something change?

You are right BrM needs too juggle allot of things but just look how much chi was wasted because of parry 157. Also 69 of your Blackout kicks where parried, means you lost 414 sec of shuffle.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 03:50 AM ----------

Why? did something change?
    Expertise usefulness went down with the vengeance nerf if I understand correctly. Also, haven't tested this myself since I have been running 15% exp, but I was told a parried BOK gives shuffle. Correct me if I'm wrong because I would like to know for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it: hard capping expertise is for generating healing orbs, crit stacking is for EB generation, mastery for increased stagger and haste stacking is for energy/chi generation?

If you're not after the GotO benefits, 7.5% exp is ok.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go back to haste stacking then. Or try another attempt with hard capping expertise, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by zucchellij View Post
    Expertise usefulness went down with the vengeance nerf if I understand correctly. Also, haven't tested this myself since I have been running 15% exp, but I was told a parried BOK gives shuffle. Correct me if I'm wrong because I would like to know for sure
    Ok, then we can conclude that his shuffle and elusive brew uptime needs to be higher, by allot.
    Last edited by Gungrir; 2012-10-24 at 04:22 AM.

gotta be able to multitask, that's a key factor to tanking, especially for brewmasters.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    gotta be able to multitask, that's a key factor to tanking, especially for brewmasters.
    Yep. I have a feeling I got screwed over hard coming from a pally tank, it wasn't nearly involved as brewmasters =/. That or I'm just bad.

Yep. I have a feeling I got screwed over hard coming from a pally tank, it wasn't nearly involved as brewmasters =/. That or I'm just bad.
    That is the issue if you played a easier tank before and then you need to step up the game, basically Blizzard teached you to be less involved. I had the same issues in Tera where i played a Tank and it was just plain hard coming from WoW, my guess is with more training and grinding teeth you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zucchellij View Post
    Thats right as with other tanks part of active mitigation isnt bound to hit the target. For us this is getting shuffle when you press bok regardless of boks outcome

Practice. Eventually, you'll develop the muscle memory and habit of keeping that stuff up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is the issue if you played a easier tank before and then you need to step up the game, basically Blizzard teached you to be less involved. I had the same issues in Tera where i played a Tank and it was just plain hard coming from WoW, my guess is with more training and grinding teeth you will be fine.
    I do feel like I was very good at paladin tanking and all, but I'm the kind of person who if I'm not doing something perfectly right then I'm bad. ANd that's how I'm feeling right now. Maximizing survivablity, damage, healing, etc. I want to maximize all aspects of it and I'm a tank, my only focus should be surviviability only right?

I do feel like I was very good at paladin tanking and all, but I'm the kind of person who if I'm not doing something perfectly right then I'm bad. ANd that's how I'm feeling right now. Maximizing survivablity, damage, healing, etc. I want to maximize all aspects of it and I'm a tank, my only focus should be surviviability only right?
    Thats your job as tank. Staying alive. If you can stay alive then you can start optimising other aspects. It doesnt help anyone if you can do the most dps and heal half your raid if you die constantly because you miss 20% shuffle and parry and 30 / 35% dodge for 70% of the fight.

First job for a tank is staying alive, yes (assuming you are holding the aggro and can move out of the fire).

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet if you ran a poll you'd find a majority of the BrM's on this board seem to be ex-DK's who were already used to a very active tanking style. Coming from a warrior/pally it is probably a big shock.

Honestly I'd probably be terrible without Weak Aura's, highly suggest pulling up that thread and enabling some. RAF'd to 81 and was close to 100% uptime on Shuffle/Guard/Tiger Power all thanks to my UI.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.