Windows 7 CD Key Problem

So... I did a fresh wipe of my SSD and my HDD before reinstalling windows 7 last month. When prompted to enter a key, it says that my factory key is invalid.... I used a ISO from Microsoft, using their USB mounting tool and everything went fine. However, im now at the end of the month, and despite that I am entering my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit key (what i have and always had, and what the key is registered to) I do not know what Microsoft does at the end of the 30 day period, but the point remains, I can not enter my Legit key?

Anyone encountered something like this and able to help me.

Would it be possible for me to get a cracked key to use since i technically already bought this shit?

Thanks!

Call them?

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Call them, they will give you an activation key.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Call. It's an automated line, just tell it you've never used the key before, it's not installed on any computers, and they'll give you the key you need to activate it. I had this issue a while back, and every time I wipe my computer, I have to go through this. Haven't had any issues so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Call. It's an automated line, just tell it you've never used the key before, it's not installed on any computers, and they'll give you the key you need to activate it. I had this issue a while back, and every time I wipe my computer, I have to go through this. Haven't had any issues so far.
    Its unfortunate but what can you do, each key has a limited amount of installations, so when you get past that you have to call them every time you reinstall.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    First off, Don't ask for cracks.

Secondly, Try manually activating by inputting the key with no Internet connection, then go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate. Follow the instructions there and it should validate for you.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Its unfortunate but what can you do, each key has a limited amount of installations, so when you get past that you have to call them every time you reinstall.
    Okay, so from what I understand I need to call microsoft tomorrow, and it seems odd that I hit some limit, it was this computers' first wipe (to get it squeaky clean for MOP and GW2)

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 07:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoron View Post
    First off, Don't ask for cracks.

Secondly, Try manually activating by inputting the key with no Internet connection, then go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate. Follow the instructions there and it should validate for you.
    I didn't mean to ask for a Crack, I do not condone Piracy or anything like that.

However, I did wanna see if that was an option and if I was just FUBARD without it that I could use another option, legitimate or not and atleast keep the windows copy I paid for.

Sorry If I did something wrong.

I will also check out your solution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Okay, so from what I understand I need to call microsoft tomorrow, and it seems odd that I hit some limit, it was this computers' first wipe (to get it squeaky clean for MOP and GW2)
    Never heard about a limit but none the less call them or use ultimoron way both should work.

I have wiped my HDD every 2-3 month since my key left beta status of win 7
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I had the same problem. Call them to get a new key.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't do anything wrong. As long as your key is legitimate (and there's no way for -us- to determine that), you can just call them. You'll likely just get an automated line, but sometimes it'll get transferred to a rep.

I've worked in the repair industry for about ten years now, and have reactivated computers more than 200 times probably with this method. Microsoft is actually VERY lenient about it. Sometimes you're just unlucky and it tripped a flag. Maybe you made 'too many upgrades'. Either way, it shouldn't be an issue. Heck, you could probably call the automated line right now.

Did you get the correct ISO from MS? If it's an OEM key then you need the OEM version. The retail version won't work with an OEM key.