Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Destro = what will happend now?

I just saw that CB will be nerfed in patch 5.1 i find it ratherly fair tho, but my thoughts are now, what will happend to destro when they nerf our only things that's working right now?

I can't seem how spell cleave should work if we can't one shot warriors in any way?

i fear this will kill destro in arena when they nerf CB?

they want to nerf the oneshot thing but, xel is doing it wrong CB is ok DS/trinket is not need to be tuned down asap, if you nerf CB dmgs we will past from being spec with a retarded burst every 2 mins to a decent/heleable burst every 2 min with a non existing sustained burst/dmgs
    Last edited by gez; 2012-10-24 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    they want to nerf the oneshot thing but, xel is doing it wrong CB is ok DS/trinket is not need to be tuned down asap, if you nerf CB dmgs we will past from being spec with a retarded burst every 2 mins to a decent/heleable burst every 2 min with a non existing sustained burst/dmgs
    but even DS/Trinket is the same for all the other classes all classes can one shot people?

Warlocks burst just comes in one spell? if they turned this down there's nothing left. healers crit heals for 280k?

Deleted
    Now i dont play destro, to me its no fun at all... But i tried it out few days ago, popped all cd's, cast CB and crit for 650k... Now thats messed up lol CB defo needs a nerf to scale down its damage but incin/conflag need a buff, demo needs the GCD from switching into meta to be instant, therefore dottingup doom quicker, and afflic needs nothing tbh.. Im happy with affliction, just destro mainly

Quote Originally Posted by nemesiss View Post
    I just saw that CB will be nerfed in patch 5.1 i find it ratherly fair tho, but my thoughts are now, what will happend to destro when they nerf our only things that's working right now?

I can't seem how spell cleave should work if we can't one shot warriors in any way?

i fear this will kill destro in arena when they nerf CB?
    Where da hell did u get this info from?
    There is nothing about CB in patch notes?
    Stop creeping us ... Its the only good spec in arena ....

If so, I will delete my warlock and level my main druid again...

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardos View Post

I also can't find it anywhere on patch notes or anything. I smell a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardos View Post

Also, this is probably the last burst of Class Design work that I'm going to be doing for a while. I burned too much political capital getting Cataclysm through to remain viable in my position. Chaos Bolt will be getting a damage nerf to reduce its Arena viability soon and I will be focusing on other aspects of game design.
    http://www.mmo-champ...=1#post18853308

Xelnath is a dev who posts on MMO-Champion and is/was responsible for lock design.

I find it really amusing that people actually complain about not being able to oneshot their opponents in 5.1. Some serious l2p issues here.

Deleted
    You hit 650k on who exactly?

In a PVE environment, with all procs up, all raid buffs, trinkets popped and cooldown up, with skull banner (+20% crit dmg) I am critting 620k with Chaosbolt (on non-gimmick mechanics).

How you can come here and fabricate such fallacy is beyond me.

In PvP people innately have 40% damage reduction from other players, people with full pvp gear have no more than 35% PvP power.
    PvP gear also has less stats than my raiding gear, so that's substantially less spellpower, crit, mastery.
    Also in a PvP environment, you tend not to be flasked, using food buffs, or potions of the jade serpent.

Go back to wherever you came from and take your bullshit with you please Kataru.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesiss View Post
    but even DS/Trinket is the same for all the other classes all classes can one shot people?

Warlocks burst just comes in one spell? if they turned this down there's nothing left. healers crit heals for 280k?

other classes deal the same dmgs over 10-15 sec with diferent spells(see ret palys) we deal that dmgs in one spell in 2 secs its not way it was going to stay that way, what we truly needs is DS/trinket nerfed thats all

Globaling enemy is right after FOTM the worst thing in arena. I know you need to set it right and that its not easy but seriously having a spell or comps which group together just to kill someone in single global cooldown is stupid and should not have a place in arena. Mage and Destro (+healer) are grouping for this simple purpose, seriously what a lame strategy. CB need faster cast time and lower dmg, they are already toning down deep freeze/frostbomb combo so CB together with BM hunt and warr burst is next on the list.
    Last edited by Tullkas; 2012-10-24 at 02:44 PM.
    Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
    Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
    Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."

10+ Year Old Account
    they have been toning down BM Hunter, Rabid and Lynx Rush's combined burst potential is gettign eviscerated.

Lynx rush was changed from a strike to a DoT (and then the Dot was reduced)
    and Rabid was changed from increased AP to Increased haste.

Warrior's Glyph of Gag order was also removed from PvP, Thank the dark gods of twisting nether!

Deleted
    chaosbolt seriously does not do alot of damage outside of DS/trinket, considering it takes forever to cast, requires a hard to build ressource and can be easyly avoided (grounding, reflect, los and so on). DS can be stolen by mages and dispelt by others. so anyone who gets raped by a cb should think about how the fuck the warlock got to get ds up and cast a cb in that time.
    Last edited by mmoc703b55f91f; 2012-10-24 at 04:00 PM.

They are probably going to reduce it's crit scaling since they are making demon soul a curse.

they might remove the scaling off crit chance, thus weakening its effectiveness with dark soul as well. If they do a straight reduction in damage and try to compensate somewhere else, it will probably be thru incinerate & immolate. Where it will work in PVE fine.

the spec will be a joke in PVP, where consistently casting incinerate is impossible & the damage from immolate will tickle healers pulling off 100k+ heals. I see zero chance of any damage being offloaded to conflagrate which is instant cast.

i guess its fine for frost mages to pull similar pressure damage(more frequently too) throughout the course of a fight, because they have to press another instant cast in frost nova or deepfreeze to hit dat icelance button!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbond2013 View Post
    they might remove the scaling off crit chance, thus weakening its effectiveness with dark soul as well. If they do a straight reduction in damage and try to compensate somewhere else, it will probably be thru incinerate & immolate. Where it will work in PVE fine.
    Except that in single target "simcraft" style DPS situation, Destro already sucks for PvE. It stays viable via creative ways to generate extra embers for CBs.

The whole reason the spec is viable is due to maximizing the double damage of 2-target cleaved CB (which will make lowering CB damage a doubly powerful nerf to Destro PvE), and utilizing Shadowburn to generate WAY more embers than you are "supposed to" in a single-target rotation (to get more of those high-damage CBs).

Thus, you would have to increase Immolate/Conflagrate/Incinerate damage by MUCH more numerically than the nerf to Chaos bolt, otherwise the decrease in damage during periods of huge burst that even out the overall low rotational DPS of Destro will risk significantly lowering damage done

10+ Year Old Account
    yes and no, we have no way of knowing how much of nerf the supposed nerf will be and how much of a buff the compensating buffs will be. You cannot crunch numbers with out numbers to crunch.

so the point is moot until we have more information.

Just take it off sac and be done with it.

Only problem is in PvP? No auto crit on players. Leave sac alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Just take it off sac and be done with it.
    an then inci hits the same or 10% less than CB, tell me whats the point casting cb them? outside mana reg in pve