I'm 3rd healer and 6th DPS. What gear should I take first priority to find ?

Hi,

I'm Ret/Holy Paladin. My ilvl for both spec are 464-466 atm. We have just start to doing Normal dungeon run last week and we can kill Garajal and stuck and spirit kings (He is easy but we are running out of time to try more).

I'm pretty sure that we will be able to engage Elegon this week but as the 3rd healer/6th DPS of my raid I am not sure what gear should I collect first.

Since LFR drop gear for spec I choose to play so I have to choose to be Healer or Ret in LFR. Also Valor point that I have now is very limit and I can choose only one piece of armor to buy.

I want some suggestion.

Do Elegon require really high DPS ? (our DPS now cannot kill spirit king in 10 minutes before they're enraged)

Do Will of the emperor require high amount of heal ?

Thank you for any suggestion. Please don't mind my English. I'm not good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkung View Post
    Hi,

I'm Ret/Holy Paladin. My ilvl for both spec are 464-466 atm. We have just start to doing Normal dungeon run last week and we can kill Garajal and stuck and spirit kings (He is easy but we are running out of time to try more).

I'm pretty sure that we will be able to engage Elegon this week but as the 3rd healer/6th DPS of my raid I am not sure what gear should I collect first.

Since LFR drop gear for spec I choose to play so I have to choose to be Healer or Ret in LFR. Also Valor point that I have now is very limit and I can choose only one piece of armor to buy.

I want some suggestion.

Do Elegon require really high DPS ? (our DPS now cannot kill spirit king in 10 minutes before they're enraged)

Do Will of the emperor require high amount of heal ?

Thank you for any suggestion. Please don't mind my English. I'm not good at it.
    If you are not beating the enrage on Spirit kings, you will not have enough dps for elegon... you are 2 healing Spirit kings right?.
    Gear your ret gear over your healing gear imo.
    When 3 healing it generally means u will have enough healing even with undergeared, though if your 2 healing it means you NEED the dps, which means you should gear it as much as possible.

We tried Spirit kings with 3 healers (I think we also used 2 tanks by a mistake).

Man I can tell you one... On our Spirit Kings first kill, we did so bad that actually 1 guy died on first one, and another 2 died on 3rd and we still killed it one minute before enrage, and I must say we do not have some extraordinary DPS... Just average/better average... So something is wrong. Elegon is much tighter DPS race. Will of the Emperors doesnt require almost any raid healing, if you have enough dps to deal with the adds, but the tank damage is INSANE. We did that with 3 healers first week and 2healers 2nd week and 2 healers feels more comfortable, as adds go down faster... Just make sure to never dps bosses when any of the adds are up and you should be fine

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of misspelling in this thread is TOO DAMN HIGH
    Why have a signature? What I just posted states how retarded I am anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniwa View Post
    The amount of misspelling in this thread is TOO DAMN HIGH
    Nice gremer police agayn, naow u could say smething hepful instead of bytching about mispelink?

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 12:07 PM ----------

We tried Spirit kings with 3 healers (I think we also used 2 tanks by a mistake).
    Try it with two healers and 1 tank, there is so low raid and even tank damage, that you should be able to keep it up just with 2.

Thank you.

and what about Stoneguard and Feng in Heroic ?

Icy vein claim that they really need 3 healer. Maybe I should focus on it later ?

Thank you.

Icy vein claim that they really need 3 healer. Maybe I should focus on it later ?
    Cannot give you any advices about those two, because we haven't tried them, but we are going for those 2 today - and we plan using 3 healers, I saw a lot of videos and they used 3 in all of them, so I guess that is the way

Thank you.

Stone Guard and Feng Heroic are both 3 Healer fights, but until you can clear normal Heroic is out of the question. Normal bosses can generally be two Healed (I think I DPS all of the encounters whenever we clear on Normal and have done since the second week - this sucks because I don't get loot priority for Healing or DPS gear xD) .

Gara'jal in Heroic is your next DPS fight so if you're on Spirit Kings at the minute you have 3 DPS fights ahead of you, followed by two Healing encounters and then another DPS fight. I'd gear up your DPS :-)

Basically, I'd say gearing dps is always better option - more dps = shorter fights, faster dying adds = less heal/tank requirements...

Elegon is a tight dps check. It needs to be 2 healed and dps needs to be good. If a spirit kings kill is imminent (also 1 tank 7 dps 2 heals) then you should gear for dps since the next target for you is Elegon and you won't be healing it.

My suggestion to you would be to roll what your main spec is, and do LFR on your off-spec.

Pick a main spec, and stick to it.

Everytime a healing trinket will drop, you'll keep asking yourself if you should take it over the other healers, and will pass to them because you're not healing all the time.

The only real way to fix this would be to have a bench, and if the fight requires 2 heals, you sit a healer and ask a dps to join.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest looking at which fights you need gear from, do them as that spec and hop out when that fight is over. Change specs and queue up again. It might seem tedious, but with the new loot system, there isn't an incentive to be the only Holy Paladin/Hunter/whatever.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

We almost solo healed Spirit Kings normal last week. Our other healer DC'd as we were pulling and got locked out -_-

Spirit Kings and Elegon are both two heal fights. I don't think you'll be able to three-heal Elegon until you're fully geared in 489s.

Deleted
    Elegon normal is mandatory 2 heal at low gear levels. Emps is 3 healable.

Stoneguard / Feng heroic are mandatory 3 heal or more. Gara'jal heroic is 2 heal unless your DPS is very good. Spirit Kings / Elegon / Emps heroic are 2 heal fights.