Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    gp5 items > wards > other items
    This. You simply must cheap out on wards a bit in the start until you have HoG/Philo/first boots.

The most annoying thing is how at least 50% of the time people totally ignore danger exposed by wards and make stupid decisions anyway :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Wards > Items as support. Wards gets kills, kills gets items. Mapcontrol has to be the most important thing in this game. But it's not only the supports job to ward, everyone has to chip in. Except the ADC, I can live with him not warding. But everyone else has to shape the fuck up and ward a little.
    Again, i disagree. You only need a few well-placed wards to establish decent mapcontrol; IF you can play it defensively and farm, and not risk too much, and you can get Shurelias/Aegis before your enemy; Why wouldn't you?

General mapawareness and then a FITTING amount of wards is much better than a ton of wards and no Aegis/Shurelias...

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Items are important, but the vision that wards give is invaulable. It's not just protecting your lane and what not, it's warding your jungle entrances, their jungle entrances, their buffs etc. Mid should probably be warding your/their wraiths, but the support can do it too. If you are gimping on your warding to finish an item you are doing it wrong. If you can finish your items and still have good ward coverage, then great.

I do agree that everyone should ward, but as a support you're not supposed to just ward for bottom lane.
    Yea you are during laning... which was where the OP was coming from, as the top lane was apparently blaming him for not warding top.

And my point still stands.

If everyone buys two wards, you buy four, you ward Baron, their wraiths, our wraiths and dragon. Top wards their red + our blue, mid wards their blue + whatever is needed. Jungle put 2 wards where it's need as well, like specific brushes. I fail to see why more are necessary.

Sure, you can buy a few more if you're doing a lot of baron Back-and-Forth, but in general, you dont need more mapawareness than that every 3rd-4th minute.

This way, everyone chips in, and even your support can build 1 or 2 aura items.
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2012-10-24 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    I disagree.

If you are spending too much on wards and too little on items for shurelias/Locket/Zeke's, you are gimping yourself and your team because you could've gotten earlier teamfighting-items.

Knowing how many wards to buy is something you simply gotta learn and it varies every match. Especially on the enemy jungler + support.

Blitz + Shaco? WARDS EN MASSE.

Janna + Mundo? Not so scary, keep dragon/Tribrush warded, aim for early Shurelias.
    I consider myself, more less, an experienced support, so I know what I am saying.

What I meant with "there's no such thing as putting to many wards" is that if a support knows how to ward properly, the wards you put are never too many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    The earlier you get your gp5 the better as well, so I limit my wards until Philo at least
    I only buy 6 wards till I get my philos, then wait to get my HoG then I just keep buying 3-4 wards every time I base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I consider myself, more less, an experienced support, so I know what I am saying.

What I meant with "there's no such thing as putting to many wards" is that if a support knows how to ward properly, the wards you put are never too many.
    If you buy so many wards you can't afford your GP10 items, those are too many wards... Sure, when you put it like you explained it, it makes sense, but giving it as advice it could be horribly misinterpreted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    If you buy so many wards you can't afford your GP10 items, those are too many wards... Sure, when you put it like you explained it, it makes sense, but giving it as advice it could be horribly misinterpreted
    But anyone that knows how to play support knows what I mean, anyone that knows how to play support will never delay one gp5 item for the sake of map warding.

Also, there's no point in warding the entire map so early the game, it only becomes to important to do so around the 20 mins mark, atleast if you're doing it alone, if your mid or top are warding the map, let them, it's a big help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    But anyone that knows how to play support knows what I mean, anyone that knows how to play support will never delay one gp5 item for the sake of map warding.
    Except for the fact that the OP clearly stated he was at relatively low ELO, and he might not know what "anyone who can plays support" knows...

I usually play top, and well I almost always buy wards on my first back. However I don't place it if I'm right by my tower since that would waste the 3 minutes of vision it gives me and 90% of the time the jungler won't bother with a gank if the lane is over extended.
    Ranked though I might just ward anyway because I am cautious. To me it depends on the game. If someone ganks me and I fail, the only person to blame is myself. Even when I'm playing AD carry and bot isn't warded(Due to support just getting gp/5 or something) then I see it as my duty to play super safe. Which I don't always do but that's my fault.

Point I'm making is that wards are VITAL but if for some reason there aren't wards in your lane (It happens) then it's up to you to play carefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    One major thing I've noticed about teams who ward more, they win 90% of the time. They will give you that map control, objectives everything and protect your oracles if they are warding too because your oracles is god minus the god like powers a deity would actually have. Yesterday I successfully stole to barons as the jungler. One as Shaco and the other as Maokai, if the enemy team doesn't have oracles then more power to you. Baron is a must ward, and you want the bushes warded too. Vision of the entire jungle accounts for so much.

If your jungler is good then he will ward the second most behind the support usually depending on who he chooses. I think with the new jungle changes the GP5 junglers may have different builds as well as jungle camps offering more gold and what not. See when I play Shaco I usually don't buy as many wards as I will with Maokai just because the GP5 that Maokai builds (bullshit really and Riot should not have let that happen with tanks in the jungle). That doesn't mean I don't buy them but I will get wriggles and maybe two other wards after that. Warding will really give you that advantage. If you can get wards for natural counter junglers such as Nunu, enjoy the enemy jungle all day. Carry junglers can hunt the enemy jungler pretty well usually and should focus on ganks and the occasional jungler hunt.

I really dislike it when top never wards but I've reached a point where most will ward. If I were to play top on the purple side then I would ward the tri-bush primarily since that is hands down the best ganking area from a blue teams viewpoint.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Tnx for all the advices guys, I keep reading, and I feel better, hope to reach an higer elo soon