Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Season 2 ending = nightmare

What the elo hell...

I'm not a great player, 1200-1300 elo, probably deserved, but man, ranked games are becoming a huge nightmare for me lately.

Last 5 games FULL of 12 year old kid, leaving the game at 5 min because of 0/2, flaming, asking for reports, feeding their lane, etc, etc.

So i'm asking : does the elo reset make people behave like that?

My last 5 games were literally over at 15 min.

Am i alone in this situation? Do you experience the same things? Or did i randomly get the most terrible players this game can offer during the last week?

10+ Year Old Account
    yup, thats why im stuck at 1300 elo, my friends are all 2000+ elo so I know how the game goes & I play pretty good, but because of my kiddo team its impossible of me to get up.

15+ Year Old Account
    This has been addressed time and time again.

You're on an unlucky streak, it happens.

Your ELO, if represented by a long history of ranked play, is a pretty good representation of where you should be.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Always the same discussion. Play more games to even out your luck and see your real skill level. IF you are a god, you will carry. If you only focus on your own lane and win that, but not the other ones there's a need to have somewhat good allies.

I myself am on 1259 elo (6w5l) and I stopped playing ranked. The skill level around this elo is too low for me, the difference is staggering due to it being people who actually belong on this elo, and fresh 30's starting Ranked with no knowledge. I wasn't good enough to carry the 5 losses obviously. Looking back, I am a lot better than when I played those games. But I'm not too fond of trying it again knowing that the real skill level at 1200 elo is entirely different than what I'm used to in normal games elo (say, between 1500-1900. LolMatches put me on 1850-1900 before they disabled normal elo viewing). It's highly frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodookiller View Post
    yup, thats why im stuck at 1300 elo, my friends are all 2000+ elo so I know how the game goes & I play pretty good, but because of my kiddo team its impossible of me to get up.
    So you believe, but if this is after 100+ games, it seems to be a pretty fair representation of where you should be

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toinouze View Post
    What the elo hell...

I'm not a great player, 1200-1300 elo, probably deserved, but man, ranked games are becoming a huge nightmare for me lately.

Last 5 games FULL of 12 year old kid, leaving the game at 5 min because of 0/2, flaming, asking for reports, feeding their lane, etc, etc.

Am i alone in this situation? Do you experience the same things? Or did i randomly get the most terrible players this game can offer during the last week?
    To address what you said, Ranked is full of people who have now got the gold/plat/diamond they wanted, so they troll because it takes into account your highest elo at the end of the season, not your current. It's why I'm avoiding it like the plague

Deleted
    I see some people didn't get what i mean.

I was NOT complaining about my ELO (see "probably deserved"), but people acting like idiots recently.
    Ranked is full of people who have now got the gold/plat/diamond they wanted, so they troll because it takes into account your highest elo at the end of the season, not your current. It's why I'm avoiding it like the plague
    Well i guess i have my answer now....
    So...no ranked game till season 3 i guess

Deleted
    I see some people didn't get what i mean.

I was NOT complaining about my ELO (see "probably deserved"), but people acting like idiots recently.

Well i guess i have my answer now....
    So...no ranked game till season 3 i guess
    I'd stick to draft normals if you want to play.

Deleted
    First i was 13-1 then I lost 13 games in a row because of trolls now i am 13-14 and i am pissed and never touched Ranked again till all my friends are level 30 and we make a team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    First i was 13-1 then I lost 13 games in a row because of trolls now i am 13-14 and i am pissed and never touched Ranked again till all my friends are level 30 and we make a team.
    So familiar I have an account on NA too, which was my first. I was going so well, like 5-0. Well I think you needed 10 to get anything, and I was in a good mood, so I kept going.

I think I stopped on 5-5.

This is exactly how I feel. I have played about 50 ranked games and I was the always stomping my opponents. And even so I won maybe 25 of those games, because my team fed even more. For every loss, I died inside, felt under and felt that I did not deserve to lose after outplaying everyone so hard. So I gave up rankeds completely. My sad story.

Deleted
    Wait, I started with a 7-3 around 1320 elo, so my elo at the next season will be 1320+?
    Btw remember that u are always playing vs another team we can't ALL be unlucky, personally last night I lost my first ranked after 9 victories in the elo hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Wait, I started with a 7-3 around 1320 elo, so my elo at the next season will be 1320+?
    Btw remember that u are always playing vs another team we can't ALL be unlucky, personally last night I lost my first ranked after 9 victories in the elo hell.
    1250 you'll be season 3. I believe it's +1200/2

Deleted
    I sympathize. I try to get some decent games for jungle practice, impossible with people picking like hell and going "HAHA BRO I ALREADY GOT PLAT/GOLD"

What the elo hell...

Yep, same here. I've almost dropped about 100 ELO because of this. Every time I get myself back up towards 1300+ I get dragged down to below 1200.. It's fucking mind boggling.

Edit: Question: Around how many games played will you (sort of) know if your current ELO really is the ELO where you belong?
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2012-10-24 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Yep, same here. I've almost dropped about 100 ELO because of this. Every time I get myself back up towards 1300+ I get dragged down to below 1200.. It's fucking mind boggling.

Edit: Question: Around how many games played will you (sort of) know if your current ELO really is the ELO where you belong?
    If you aren't improving skill-wise, I feel that when you have 20 games which are evenly spread on win/loss, then you have found your true ELO. But if you are constantly improving, then you don't really have a "true ELO". You are constantly improving. I believe my ELO skill at the moment is ~1450 but i'll be working my hardest to improve it.

10+ Year Old Account

Happens to me so much. I will literally win like 6 games and I mean literally, might lose one after and will win a few more. But the instant I lose two in a row, I will probably lose like 5 more after that. It's such a pain in the ass. Top lane is usually the issue earlier on but then it gets to team fights and the focus is all messed up, like there was a fizz jumping in the middle of a team fight and we should have just focused him down after he jumped since he had no escapes but everyone is like "focus that ad carry" who was miles away and out of reach.

I mean seriously get the AP since he is the closest, then the bruiser or whoever is next that isn't the tank and then the AD carry has to run away... I should just play Karthus and press r to win after I die.
    Hey everyone

I know how you feel. I tried to get at least silver at the end of this season, a few weeks ago. I'm a jungler. Went nothing but losses and just stopped. All the games were basically the same. I was the only one warding, my team would over push their lanes, get ganked by the enemy jungler then blame me for not ganking more. Then the inevitable 2 deaths, and the team starts saying "omg stop feeding. you suck. report this guy". And every so often the "same team counter jungler" who gets an attitude when he dies 3 times in a row cause I'm not ganking his lane every 30 secs, and goes into my jungle and starts killing all the camps, and never leaves unless he can snipe a kill. Then there's the yo-yos. The players who go into a XvX fight with you, after a few seconds of auto attacking, runs out, and once you die goes in to finish the kill.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-10-24 at 04:55 PM.

I am in a similar boat. Although mine was steadily climbing. I started off with troll games and my ELO dropped to 1000. I then got better and could carry harder. I managed to climb to about 1200 again, with no losses XD but then the other games happened. I'd win 3, get 1 troll game, then 1 genuine loss. And this repeats itself. I really don't mind the genuine loss, but a troll game kicking my elo in the nuts isn't pleasant. I got to 1350 and decided ain't nobody got time for that. Gonna try and raise that next week to see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I know how you feel. I tried to get at least silver at the end of this season, a few weeks ago. I'm a jungler. Went nothing but losses and just stopped. All the games were basically the same. I was the only one warding, my team would over push their lanes, get ganked by the enemy jungler then blame me for not ganking more. Then the inevitable 2 deaths, and the team starts saying "omg stop feeding. you suck. report this guy". And every so often the "same team counter jungler" who gets an attitude when he dies 3 times in a row cause I'm not ganking his lane every 30 secs, and goes into my jungle and starts killing all the camps, and never leaves unless he can snipe a kill. Then there's the yo-yos. The players who go into a XvX fight with you, after a few seconds of auto attacking, runs out, and once you die goes in to finish the kill.
    Story of my life when I'm jungling. Of course it doesn't happen every game but it happens every 3 games or so. They literally will push their lane get ganked and won't say anything on the first death. Will push again, get ganked, and die but this time they will just be like "noob jungler" or something along those lines, "why don't you gank top".

I will tell them that they pushed their lane and they will just start a shit fest. I really should ignore it but then it gets to that stage where people start telling you to gank everywhere, I will link wowcrendor's video for this because it literally can be like that sometimes.

Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySalvage View Post
    If you aren't improving skill-wise, I feel that when you have 20 games which are evenly spread on win/loss, then you have found your true ELO. But if you are constantly improving, then you don't really have a "true ELO". You are constantly improving. I believe my ELO skill at the moment is ~1450 but i'll be working my hardest to improve it.
    Yeah well that's the problem. I am constantly improving, but the vid that Duronos just linked pretty much explains everything. True ELO or not, if you're better than where you're currently at, you're gonna have a bad time 80% of the time. You simply can't carry games alone.. Even with duo queue this proves to be troublesome at times.