Most efficient way to do AoE as a mage

Hey

Currently I'm struggling a little bit when it comes to AoE situations with my mage. Which of the spells is worth the cast? Which Bomb should I use? Should I apply it to all possible targets (the arcane bomb)? Use Fireblast? Use Blizzard? Use AE? How to I combine them? I'm a bit clueless how to maximize damage in raids (e.g. the small adds in the shield phase of Feng Heroic).

Every idea is really welcome

Thanks!

Best
    Reflection

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Hey

Currently I'm struggling a little bit when it comes to AoE situations with my mage. Which of the spells is worth the cast? Which Bomb should I use? Should I apply it to all possible targets (the arcane bomb)? Use Fireblast? Use Blizzard? Use AE? How to I combine them? I'm a bit clueless how to maximize damage in raids (e.g. the small adds in the shield phase of Feng Heroic).

Every idea is really welcome

Thanks!

Best
    Reflection
    I personally find myself going AFK everytime i need to aoe on trash xD, But ye on bosses its not needed yet at least, but few things for Feng, Use frost bomb(or living bomb), spread pyro dot and ignites to other adds and explode the bomb at the same time to slow the adds down, and just single target the highest hp adds while others in your group do aoe moves

But ye I find mage aoe fairly weak compared to my every alt, sure frost has kinda good aoe with frozen orb, but thats abt it..

If fire use flamestrike, glyphed CoC, spread unglyphed combustion, and AE spam. Replace AE spam with Blizzard if you need the slow(you shouldn't).

Frost is probably the same, except you add in frozen orb and Ice Lance cleaves + pet freeze. I'm not sure if you can perform DF combos or not.

Arcane I've no idea, but you can still do the above.

I wouldn't apply NT to all targets. If you were desperate for AOE damage, use frost bomb. It shouldn't reach that point though.

Deleted
    Less than 5 targets, I just do single target rotation and spread LB and Combustion. For 5+, I spread living bomb (and combustion if it's up), do flamestrike on CD and spam AE .. Frost Bomb of course would be better than LB for larger groups of mobs, but I rarely find myself not having LB talented

This is what I thought nearly everybody does something else, though spreading Living bomb seems not to be the worst option. It seems also fairly reasonable on 4 or less targets to just keep the single target rotation since you can spread the pyro dot, ignite and combustion.
    But as mrgreenthump said, mage actually sucks at AoE. Maybe I should ask this question again in the official forums and hope that some blue guy responds.