Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DayZ - Standalone

So since DayZ was released for an ARMA2 mod it has gone VERY popular even in it's alpha/broken state. If any of you didn't know it's being released as its own game (standalone) around Novemberish, a lot of people have been saying it will be using the new ARMA 3 engine and Dean Hall will have a lot more capabilities in what he can add to the game and also fix.

Due to that statement a lot of people have been leaving their ideas and suggestions on YouTube and forums saying what they would like to see added to the game, what would you like to see added to make DayZ more fun?

I personally would like more customisation in the game such as changeable clothes and more places for clans/squads to hide guard their stuff (maybe a cave or something). More vehicles since they're a big key on such a large map, I think they should be more common. Also removal of the AS50 and M107 guns because 1 shot kill is pretty boring and punishing in a game like DayZ since you lose all of your gear when you die, they're fairly easy to use as well. I have a few more ideas but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say so leave your comments below!

Here are a few videos I found interesting.

It won't be using the Arma 3 engine.

I'm mostly looking forward to better Z AI/behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    It won't be using the Arma 3 engine.

I'm mostly looking forward to better Z AI/behavior.
    It's using the Arma 2 engine.. Well. Arma 2.5 engine they call it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ARMA 2.5 Take on Helicopters modified for DayZ

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to get this straight:

DayZ is a mod for ARMA that is based around zombie survival and is now being made into a stand-alone game, correct?

WarZ is a stand-alone game that is pretty much identical to DayZ, correct?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

DayZ is a mod for ARMA that is based around zombie survival and is now being made into a stand-alone game, correct?

Yes and yes.

10+ Year Old Account

and instead of fan bois bashing each other, lets hope DayZ and WarZ actually make each other better. Competition is good.

Deleted
    Get rid of all those hackers and it will be insane. Also make Zombies run straight

Quote Originally Posted by Lupkes View Post
    Get rid of all those hackers and it will be insane. Also make Zombies run straight
    Thats what you would like right? So that they line up with you shooting them without effort.

In short, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    and instead of fan bois bashing each other, lets hope DayZ and WarZ actually make each other better. Competition is good.
    The community for the most part is fine, WarZ has it's basher here and there which can be expected but alot more people are opening upto it. It's a good thin gto have two zombie survival games due to the competitive nature it will bring between the two.

I'm a fan of both games their both excellent games in their own way and want to see them grow and develop more over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats what you would like right? So that they line up with you shooting them without effort.
    To be fair I've never seen a zombie from a game or movie intentionally zig-zag :P

Deleted
    YEP, thats what I'd like. Infact thats what many many DayZ players would like. Infact Dean Hall admited the Zombies "Zig-Zagging" is actually a flaw in the game and they do this because soldier AI from ARMA 2 used to Zig-Zag to avoid gun-fire. And they are fixing it in Standalone. Sooooooooo.. I'm gonna get what I want in that aspect. yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupkes View Post
    YEP, thats what I'd like. Infact thats what many many DayZ players would like. Infact Dean Hall admited the Zombies "Zig-Zagging" is actually a flaw in the game and they do this because soldier AI from ARMA 2 used to Zig-Zag to avoid gun-fire. And they are fixing it in Standalone. Sooooooooo.. I'm gonna get what I want in that aspect. yes
    That's weird because I remember him saying there were 3 seperate pathing lines for the Z's, straight, curved and zigzag and it was done to add a bit of diversity.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Because a zombie running in 10 different directions for no reason at all makes sense to you.

Deleted
    The one thing I care about are getting rid of all the damned unofficial servers. I installed the game a week or so ago because I wanted to try the game again, and a vast majority of the servers were unofficial ones with their own hive. I seriously don't want to be locked down to 1 or 2 servers. I want to change a server and get a completely new setting and completely different players. I do not trust unofficial servers either, for many reasons. I seriously hope this changes.

Believe it or not, the unofficial servers are what are keeping the community alive. The scripters and hackers are so prevalent that the public servers are almost unplayable. Most serious players have had to resort to locked or private hive servers with modded loot tables because hackers can just teleport everyone to one place and blow them up, and scripters can sit with thermal AS50's and rangefinders on the hill above Cherno or Elektro and snipe new spawns. The private hives and whitelist servers mitigate this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Believe it or not, the unofficial servers are what are keeping the community alive. The scripters and hackers are so prevalent that the public servers are almost unplayable. Most serious players have had to resort to locked or private hive servers with modded loot tables because hackers can just teleport everyone to one place and blow them up, and scripters can sit with thermal AS50's and rangefinders on the hill above Cherno or Elektro and snipe new spawns. The private hives and whitelist servers mitigate this.
    what he said, also if you go to the dayzmod forums you actually see that rocket encourages private servers now.

Also may i add if you want to talk about dayzmod go to the existing thread about it, for dayz standalone keep it about that. So far this thread derailed imo from what the actual topic is
    Last edited by mmoc7c0806276b; 2012-10-25 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    That's weird because I remember him saying there were 3 seperate pathing lines for the Z's, straight, curved and zigzag and it was done to add a bit of diversity.
    lol nope, it's because of fuxed arma 2 AI pathing and I seriously hope it's getting fixed

Because zombies are not brainless at all and are highly trained soldiers that can dodge bullets right
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Haha exactly above poster, they're not ment to dodge bullets at all. Dean stated this is something they are trying to fix in the standalone but they need to edit parts of the engine to change it or something.

Are we going to have to pay the game again ?

Or if we have a Arma 2 key / on steam, we'll get DayZ Standalone for free ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Because a zombie running in 10 different directions for no reason at all makes sense to you.
    Brain-rot.