Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Viable 2v2 and 3v3 setups

Hello everyone,

I have been away from the game for quite a while and I'm looking to start playing again.
    I'm looking to play arena's both 2v2 and 3v3, and want to know which setups are viable for over 2300s.
    I'm not near that skill level at all, but would like to know that the setup I play has the potential to grow.

Since I can only be active on and of I'm playing with friends which gives me a number of classes to play with.
    I play a druid (feral/ Resto), my friend has a priest and hunter (also open for any spec).
    For the 3v3 we also have a Mage (open to play all specs).

Any suggestions for viable comps are welcome.
    I was thinking 1. RDruid- Spriest- mage
    2. Rdruid - hunter - mage
    3. FDruid - Dpriest - mage

For 2s: (RDruid - spriest), (FDruid, - discpriest) and (Feral Druid -Hunter)

I would like to know which comps are viable in the long run, and which ones are easy to play.

thanks in advance,

Repsai

2v2 = hunter+rdruid It's clearly one of the strongest comps out there right now.

hunter/rdruid/warrior are the strongest classes/speccs right now.

for 3v3 = rdruid+any combination of 2 damage dealers will work.. aslong as theres a resto druid.
    Last edited by MIkkiller93; 2012-10-24 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkiller93 View Post
    2v2 = hunter+rdruid It's clearly one of the strongest comps out there right now.

hunter/rdruid/warrior are the strongest classes/speccs right now.

for 3v3 = rdruid+any combination of 2 damage dealers will work.. aslong as theres a resto druid.
    what this guy said

Deleted
    Any comp that doesn't involve the priest going disc.

Deleted
    Is Resto Druid, Spriest viable? for 2v2

I was thinking about playing - Warlock/Paladin/Warrior or something like that :-)

No question rdruid spriest mage. You can all heal, you all have an immunity (or close to it), and you have a ton of cc to throw around. Very strong comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkiller93
    Resto druid doesn't automatically equate to success. It would be more accurate to say KFC and the majority of mage or spriest comps.

Quote Originally Posted by Repsai
    Is Resto Druid, Spriest viable? for 2v2
    I promise you that is the most likely comp to time out every game. Priests don't have a lot of pressure on their own and next to zero burst, so you're unlikely to even force any defensives. They'll be all set to counter HotW every time it's up, so you'll never actually kill something. If you want to bring a shadow priest to 2s, I'd take a second dps with it.

mage spriest rdruid is the best comp in the game cant be beat unless you fight a mirror

Deleted
    Godcomp Aka shatterplay: Rdruid/Spriest/frostmage
    ATC/KFC: Rdruid/BMhunter/Armswarr
    WLD: Rdruid/destrolock/armswarr

pretty much sums up the season, MLS isnt bad either, just not as good as before with all those crazy hunter/warr teams flooding the battlegroups.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryarik View Post
    mage spriest rdruid is the best comp in the game cant be beat unless you fight a mirror
    Enhance / Warrior / Ret is what I'm running and we trash most comps to death.. Including this one. We counter anything with a healer and our damage is just ridiculous...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Any comp that doesn't involve the priest going disc.
    Well said!!

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by liveinfamously View Post
    Enhance / Warrior / Ret is what I'm running and we trash most comps to death.. Including this one. We counter anything with a healer and our damage is just ridiculous...
    Sounds like a lot of fun, <3 triple dps
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by liveinfamously View Post
    Triple dps scum

Shatterplay has a hard time with shaman in general. Tremor and purge spam make you want to break something. Wouldn't any KFC with half a brain between them just ruin you in seconds though?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently running 2's as Sub Rogue/Ret Pally (I'm the Rogue). We do pretty well for the most part. Unfortunately most games are either we wreck teams or get wrecked. But, that's mostly due to gear (we're full dread and some comps we go against are at least half malev).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Deleted
    2v2 is a joke bracket which promotes double dps facerolling. Holy paladin + warrior is probably the best setup in the game right now.

campaign to rename 2s 'the hunter/hunter, hunter/warr, warr/warr, warr/druid bracket'

i swear. thats all i see in it right now....
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    campaign to rename 2s 'the hunter/hunter, hunter/warr, warr/warr, warr/druid bracket'

i swear. thats all i see in it right now....
    I only see holy pala + damagedealer or as you said, double warrior, double hunter (DVDA)

Deleted
    http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

Now up to date. Basically, FOTM is Warrior + Heal + xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Triple dps scum

Shatterplay has a hard time with shaman in general. Tremor and purge spam make you want to break something. Wouldn't any KFC with half a brain between them just ruin you in seconds though?
    Haha the ret goes holy from time to time. And yes, you are correct with tremor and purge spam. I usually take glyph of purge (allows two buffs to be purges instead of one) and call of the elements (resets totems with cd < 3 min.) so my utility with shatterplay is through the roof.

Actually, you'd think KFC would trash us, but my paladin usually BoPs me first, warrior fears pets, and burst on the healer while keeping cc on warrior. Normally match is over quickly but occasionally it lasts for 5 minutes plus.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Triple dps scum
    mmmmm your tears... so delicious...

/trollface
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.