[TV/Movies] Looking for a post-apocalyptic-pandemic movie/show

Hai. No clue if this is even the right forum or even allowed to make threads about. But heres me going all crazy and doing it anyways

Right. What i am looking for is a movie or tv show, basicly about the end of the world as we know it. Dystopian is it called ?

Either if its zombies, pandemics or other weird stuff.

What i really want is a show/movie where it all starts of normal and the thing evolve in the movie. Kinda like shaun of the dead. Where the movie started like a regular world and the zombie apocalypse slowly started to spread.

Or something like the walking dead where you get flashbacks about what happened.

I kinda enjoy watching the chaos. Not the aftermath. But that also works

Shows im currently watching is the walking dead and survivors.
    Movies ive seen is most zombie movies, like dawn of the dead. Zombieland, Outbreak, i am legend and a lot of others.

Give me your best suggestion and i will take a look.
    All tips appreciated

Deleted
    Try asking in this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    You should check out The Road, one of the best post-apocalyptic films I have ever experienced. It boasts incredible performances from Viggo Mortensen and Kodi Smitt-Mcphee, and the script is brilliant. An insane, thrilling journey. So dark it is almost painful to watch sometimes.

12 Monkeys? Great movie, but it's not your average post-apocalyptic/post-pandemic movie. And it's thoroughly weird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    You should check out The Road, one of the best post-apocalyptic films I have ever experienced. It boasts incredible performances from Viggo Mortensen and Kodi Smitt-Mcphee, and the script is brilliant. An insane, thrilling journey. So dark it is almost painful to watch sometimes.
    It is painful....ly bad. Sorry i had to do it

The Road is a dark, sad and panful movie but the end just ruins it all tbh

Will take a look at the road.

Seen 12 monkeys.

I should totaly make my own film shouldnt i ? having a hard time finding the perfect one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Will take a look at the road.

Seen 12 monkeys.

I should totaly make my own film shouldnt i ? having a hard time finding the perfect one
    Sounds like a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Hai. No clue if this is even the right forum or even allowed to make threads about. But heres me going all crazy and doing it anyways

Right. What i am looking for is a movie or tv show, basicly about the end of the world as we know it. Dystopian is it called ?

Shows im currently watching is the walking dead and survivors.
    Movies ive seen is most zombie movies, like dawn of the dead. Zombieland, Outbreak, i am legend and a lot of others.
    No, dystopian is not exactly the word you're looking for. In a dystopian world, the world can be going along without illness or zombies or anything else, it's just not a pleasant world. It can be post-apocalyptic, but it can also be just a world ruled by a totalitarian regime(see:1984, Equilibrium, or V for Vendetta, all are dystopian without really being post-apocalyptic).

Also, most movies you mentioned there are 90's or later(all of them, if you're referring to the Dawn of the Dead remake). What about the originals, Night, Dawn, and Day of the Dead? What about Last Man on Earth or The Omega Man(2 prior movie adaptations of I Am Legend)? Some options if you haven't seen them. Also 1985's Return of the Living Dead, the first movie that I'm aware of to feature the "fast" zombies.

Of course, for some other options there's the Resident Evil series, 28 Days/Weeks later, The Stand, The Book of Eli, Children of Men could possibly fit what you're looking for as well. There's a lot of low budget Italian zombie movies from the 70's and 80's of varying quality, you may seek some of them out. Zombie 2 is fairly well regarded in horror circles, and I personally am fond of Let Sleeping Corpses Lie(aka The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue), though in both those films it's more the start of the outbreak, and the movies end with the implication that it's about to get worse.

What about the TV show Falling Skies? It's post apocalyptic, but it's aliens the survivors are fighting, not zombies. You could actually make a case for Firefly/Serenity being post-apocalyptic as well.

Deleted
    The Road (good but depressing as hell), Children Of Men, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Equilibrium, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Akira, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (if you don't mind sword-swinging and vampire slaying in your dystopian 'futures'), Blade Runner, the Mad Max movies (lol), RoboCop, A Clockwork Orange, 9, The Island, Reign Of Fire (kinda meh, but dystopia cos dragons is kind of a nifty premise)

You could play Fallout 3 + Expansions. Not movies, but you might end up enjoying them more than any TV show/movie if you haven't played them already.

And I actually really liked Spielberg's War Of The Worlds. >.<'
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-10-26 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    The Road (good but depressing as hell), Children Of Men, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Equilibrium, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Akira, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (if you don't mind sword-swinging and vampire slaying in your dystopian 'futures'), Blade Runner, the Mad Max movies (lol), RoboCop, A Clockwork Orange, 9, The Island, Reign Of Fire (kinda meh, but dystopia cos dragons is kind of a nifty premise)

You could play Fallout 3 + Expansions. Not movies, but you might end up enjoying them more than any TV show/movie if you haven't played them already.

And I actually really liked Spielberg's War Of The Worlds. >.<'
    I don't think he was actually asking for dystopian-he was asking for things were civilization has basically ended(look at his examples-zombie movies, plagues, etc), and thought dystopian was the word he was looking for. In many dystopian settings, civilization has generally not ended, it's just become totalitarian, overly strict and organized. People aren't necessarily dying, world peace may even be achieved, disease may have been totally eradicated-but it comes at the price of free will, emotions, or whatever else. Dystopian and post-apocalyptic are not always the same thing, and based on the OP, it seems he's looking for post-apoc, not what is traditionally thought of as dystopian...though that does add a lot more options to the table.