Heart of Fear / Terrace in Relation to Mogu'Shan

So last night this guild I have been pugging with consistently (pretty much every raid for the past 2 weeks) downed Gara'jal normal (we had several wipes at 1-3% health) when we finally got him with .2 seconds left before enrage. Most of the time this was due to less than perfect execution (dps dying and losing time while other people work to brez him, or having our best attempt be a facepull and having people not dps for the first 5 seconds). But regardless, we'll probably down Spirit Kings tonight, as from what I can tell they are significantly easier.

Which means we'll get to bang our head against Elegon. Since we just barely made the cut on DPS on Gara'jal (.2 seconds, just barely), I'm very skeptical of our chances of downing elegon this week (though I do believe we have the potential to do it with another 1-2 weeks of trying and gear farming). My main question is, are we going to have to be beating our head against this guy even when Heart of Fear is release and Terrace? Does anyone remember from the PTR if the first bosses of the second 2 raids were easier than Elegon?

I keep reading threads about how tough this guy is. Is it just exaggerated?

Not sure about HoF or Terrace, but elegon normal is a shock at first, there is a steep damage and heals requirement along with mechanics. We were overwhelmed at first with it, but once we got the strat down it became a cakewalk.