Deleted

Enhancement - Dps build up

I've been looking on the web and haven't found anything that could enlighten me on the following matter:

I'm an enhacement shaman rolling on the talents: T4 echo of elements and T5 Unleashed Fury.
    My enhacement itlvl is 460, gemming red sockets with agility, else agi/mast gems. I'm hit and exp capped. Keeping mastery and haste as much as possible as my highest secondary stats. I do an average of 40-50k dps depending of dungeon/raid situation( burst excluded). Been playing the spec since tbc and played is every expansion. Not gonna enlighten my rotation, priority order, because there's not much that can go wrong there.

On every single target fight, my lighting shield ends up in my top 3 damage done together with melee and lava lash. For me this doesnt feels right, having lightning shield, an "uncontrolable" passive damage ability, kills the "fun" more for me, starting to like enhacement less and less, in a spec that feels already dull for me these days.

I'm curious, since I can find little about this on the net, if more people have this damage build up, running with the same talents ofc, what your thoughts are and if this is gonna change when gear gets better.

Thanks in advance,

Your friendly neighbourhood shaman!

that includes static shock procs.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Deleted
    so as i understand this, your problem is that too much of your damage comes from a passive ability, lightning shield? Since this is caused by your t6 talent choice Unleashed fury, you could chose the talent Elemental blast instead and with that, reduce the amount of passive damage into more active damage. This is the whole idea behind the new talent system, choose the talent that suits your playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlechaser View Post
    so as i understand this, your problem is that too much of your damage comes from a passive ability, lightning shield? Since this is caused by your t6 talent choice Unleashed fury, you could chose the talent Elemental blast instead and with that, reduce the amount of passive damage into more active damage. This is the whole idea behind the new talent system, choose the talent that suits your playstyle.
    I understand the new design, but using a talent that gives me a spel with a 12 sec cd, is not gonna change my playstyle, and wont clear out alot of gaps.
    Thanks for your advice anyways

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    that includes static shock procs.
    I'm wel aware of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urthor View Post
    I understand the new design, but using a talent that gives me a spel with a 12 sec cd, is not gonna change my playstyle, and wont clear out alot of gaps.
    Thanks for your advice anyways
    you will also lose part of Unleashed Fury efect that make your autoattacks proc LS so less procs for you m8 and less pasive dps done

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the problem, passive DPS is a large part of most class's DPS.

Warriors have their crit bleeds, Rogues have their poisons, Ele Shammys have their mastery + EotE if they spec into it, Hunters and Locks have their pet's damage etc etc etc.

I mean shit, regular melee damage, i.e. your auto attack, is essentially the same kind of damage as Lightening Shield procs in that it's basically passive damage.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

I'm also not seeing the problem, other than "I prefer a different ability distribution, on my damage pie chart."

If enhance is feeling dull for you, then what's holding you back from changing spec or toons?

honestly dont see how enhance now is any different from the passive/active damage ranges enhance has always had. by all logic you should have gotten bored with the spec 8 years ago.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

If this is all about perception of the damage's source then technically its an active button press that's causing static shock to proc from auto attacks. Think or it like old old school paladin seals, a short term activated buff that empowers auto attack.