The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

New Build, Thoughts? Suggestions?

Okay so this is an upgrade/build basically everything but the CPU is getting upgraded and the case.

Currently i have;
    H61M AsRock Motherboard
    4GB Generic RAM
    430 GT Nvidia GPU
    400W Generic PSU
    ~ not upgrading ~ CPU - i5 2500
    ~ not upgrading ~ Case - Thermaltake MS-II Commander

i've had a look around and this is so far what i've got to replace those 4 components

MoBo: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=19920
    RAM: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=18373
    GPU: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=19740
    PSU: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=20754

This Build is aimed to play wow / bf3 / dota and a few other games crysis 3 etc, all easily and with settings on high or ultra.

please tell me what you think, i think the GPU is fine, and the PSU as well not too sure about the RAM and the MoBo. but any and all help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

btw my limit is about 600$ for all 4.
    Last edited by Hayden272; 2012-10-24 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get this PSU instead, 700w is overkill

Why are you upgrading the motherboard when don't have an overclockable CPU?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Get this PSU instead, 700w is overkill

Why are you upgrading the motherboard when don't have an overclockable CPU?

the MoBo i currently have is just some PoS 50$ trash that i got ripped off with when buying this custom built computer, i'm trying to replace what i currently have with more quality components, it's not really PoS just really dirt cheap, as for the OC CPU eventually down the road i will want to purchase an OC'able CPU so i was thinking i might as well buy a new board now, and then get the CPU a bit later.

i'm a bit of a noob when it comes down to more in-depth knowledge of computer components, will a new board give me any better performance than the one i have currently? or will it only give be better performance if i have a CPU OC'd in it?

Just another edit, i am just on the side seeking a board that has a usb 3.0 connector built into the board, like the one i linked above i believe has, so that i don't have to get any adapters, run the 3.0 cable out the back and into one of the I/O 3.0s nice and clean if you get what im saying, highly confusing i know :P
    Last edited by Hayden272; 2012-10-24 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ASRock is nowhere near being PoS, they're high quality.

You've got an locked CPU and a motherboard which doesn't support overclocking, it's pretty much the perfect match.

The i5-2500 at stock settings should work for atleast 2-3 years without the needs of overclocking really.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    ASRock is nowhere near being PoS, they're high quality.

You've got an locked CPU and a motherboard which doesn't support overclocking, it's pretty much the perfect match.

The i5-2500 at stock settings should work for atleast 2-3 years without the needs of overclocking really.

awesome thanks for the advice, i take it the GPU / RAM are all fine then? and i won't bother with a new MoBo and swap to the 520 PSU you recommended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, you're good to go.

Armory