Heroic Stone guard wipe at .000001 %

What a sad sad night

Even had the WORST rng guards up too. Jasper, amethyst and Cobalt.

Enrage is tight at 7 minutes, we managed to hit it and all die lol, boss had 12,000 health left. ANy attack would have killed it.

What is the usual time to kill them for people who have done this fight?

Was our dps too weak? They seemed to be doing a lot of damage.

One of your healers should have auto attacked, or something.

Personally I think the US week 1 combo (jasper cobalt jade) is worse. Amethyst litters the ground more, but it's very visible and you can step out of it. And with no jade this week, there's practically no raid damage as long as chained people stick together and no one stands in something they shouldn't.

Anyway, our kill this week was 5:54. I don't know how high or low that is compared to average though. But if you're cutting it that close and have everyone up until the end, perhaps you're not lighting enough tiles?

Quote Originally Posted by lerris View Post
    Personally I think the US week 1 combo (jasper cobalt jade) is worse. Amethyst litters the ground more, but it's very visible and you can step out of it. And with no jade this week, there's practically no raid damage as long as chained people stick together and no one stands in something they shouldn't.

Anyway, our kill this week was 5:54. I don't know how high or low that is compared to average though. But if you're cutting it that close and have everyone up until the end, perhaps you're not lighting enough tiles?
    we killed em last night in 25 man, All four at the same time with more ground clutter and all mechanics is fun..

Yeah, I almost wish they had just found a way to make it work in 10 with all four up (even if it's heroic only), but the mechanics would have to be reworked in some other way since forcing a third tank on 10m isn't really an ideal situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsulong View Post
    we killed em last night in 25 man, All four at the same time with more ground clutter and all mechanics is fun..
    I bet it is having 15 extra people to light up tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    What a sad sad night

Even had the WORST rng guards up too. Jasper, amethyst and Cobalt.

Enrage is tight at 7 minutes, we managed to hit it and all die lol, boss had 12,000 health left. ANy attack would have killed it.

What is the usual time to kill them for people who have done this fight?

healer dots.

i see so much hate betweens 25's and 10's.. Do you realize how hard it is to find 15 more competent players? :P I mean + the area of that room is no bigger than it is in 10 man. Say 3 tanks 5-7 healers.. versus 2 tanks 3 heals so 5 in 10man that arnt lighting versus 10.. okay. Do some math here, You have 5 people to light tiles in 10 man (excluding tanks and heals) and in 25 you have 15. So 10 more exactly to light tiles, however you also have more fire chains, etc etc that can go off than in 10.

Quote Originally Posted by lerris View Post

Same, EU has no amethyst this week and it's absolutely the hardest combo available. Amethyst basically just takes up a spot and does nothing while everything else has to be handled in the fight - losing one of the other colors is a huge decrease in difficulty.

they shouldve just made 1tile=2% for 10man its kinda dumb having 10v25 stuff but still more people more tiles gets done >_>
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

do you have logs? how were tiles looking? having people run tiles throughout the whole fight is pretty important, especially when you are hitting enrage, so make sure you've got people doing that.

teslah// recruitment officer for SWARM of thrall
    part of the immortal gaming network

If two ranged are chained you can still run tiles. Theres really no reason to not have more than 60 tiles up at any one point in 10 man, so I don't understand why everyone says its easier on 25. You still have the same amount of room, with more mechanics, and more people to screw it up on 25. Being able to tunnel for 10 more seconds means virtually nothing on the 10 v 25 debate, as they have to move out of more junk week to week.

we downed it last night after about 19 tries. Problem for us was our off tank kept getting surrounded by cobalt crystals and range/healers kept getting chained to DPS and we didn't have a cobalt phase for 5 phases so they just kept building. We all wiped but a dot finished off the boss for us before it was reset. we finished it in about 5:30 ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Same, EU has no amethyst this week and it's absolutely the hardest combo available. Amethyst basically just takes up a spot and does nothing while everything else has to be handled in the fight - losing one of the other colors is a huge decrease in difficulty.

so I guess you must really like female blood elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet whoever didn't prepot and combat pot feels like an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    If two ranged are chained you can still run tiles. Theres really no reason to not have more than 60 tiles up at any one point in 10 man, so I don't understand why everyone says its easier on 25. You still have the same amount of room, with more mechanics, and more people to screw it up on 25. Being able to tunnel for 10 more seconds means virtually nothing on the 10 v 25 debate, as they have to move out of more junk week to week.
    60? lol we went for 120 the first week of heroic and 4 healed it.

I feel your pain, wiped on heroic Spirit Kings at 27k. Spent the next 3 hours wiping and getting annoyed at stupid RNG. Killed him on the last try for the day.

We managed to kill it yesterday after a few more pulls... but we were like 8 seconds from enrage.... I don't know, a few of our group is 480, or close to it.

Just doesn't feel right beating an encounter so close to enrage, when people say they beat it in 6 min or less.

Deleted
    We managed to kill it yesterday after a few more pulls... but we were like 8 seconds from enrage.... I don't know, a few of our group is 480, or close to it.

Just doesn't feel right beating an encounter so close to enrage, when people say they beat it in 6 min or less.
    Personally as an affliction warlock I pull about 130k dps on it. But how you handle the tiles is a huge factor on this fight. We basicly have our entire raid (excluding healers) running to get tiles, working around the jasper chains through communication until we have 70-100 stacks. Which we then renew up to 70-100 stacks once they disappear the first and second times.
    One reason for your "slow" kill time could definately be a low ammount of tiles lit.

During Spine HC progression we managed a wipe at 10k hp. Everyone was yalling the victory sound on vent but forgot about positioning => DW rolled and nobody noticed. All DOTs were canceled the instant he rolled. :/
    2-3 atempts later we had the kill.