Angry Problems Wild Charging on Elegon?

Looks like something is causing a pathing issue since Wild Charge barely works during the encounter and is very inconsistant

Deleted
    Having same problem, switched out to Feline swiftness instead and I started walking towards elegon 2-3 second sbefore the pull.

The new talent system is there for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
    Having same problem, switched out to Feline swiftness instead and I started walking towards elegon 2-3 second sbefore the pull.

The new talent system is there for a reason
    I like the talent system and the flexibility it allows but I'd rather just have my Wild Charge working. You know, the way it's supposed to without being glitched to shit :P

Well you can always use skull bash to charge instead, I haven't had any sort of pathing issue with it at all on Elegon.

Quote Originally Posted by BearGod-Siel View Post
    Well you can always use skull bash to charge instead, I haven't had any sort of pathing issue with it at all on Elegon.
    I do SB whenever I can but the problem here is that it simply does not cover the same amount of distance as Wild Charge

ya I ran into those problems on elegon several times now. What ever you do don't feral charge the pylons on the add phase. I did that and it put me inside the pylon and it gibbed me. The reason I like wild charge over swiftness on that fight is the caster form jump to ally for quick stack drops by jumping to the ranged at the edges. But ya charging back to elegon is buggy as hell.

Deleted
    Think about using Displacer Beast instead of Wild Charge on this fight. Elegon is a flying boss and that's why you get the pathing issue. You can stay till the end on the platform and just blink away instead of shapeshifting out of cat and charging friendly target. Then you damage the pylons and blink again next to the boss. Downtime eliminated.

DB is not a talent a Guardian should consider for use during a boss encounter. I have had no issue using charge on Elegon, as that is typically how we start the encounter and after phase 3 once the floor reappears.

Just to clarify I am feral if this is the misconception here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkybear View Post
    ya I ran into those problems on elegon several times now. What ever you do don't feral charge the pylons on the add phase. I did that and it put me inside the pylon and it gibbed me. The reason I like wild charge over swiftness on that fight is the caster form jump to ally for quick stack drops by jumping to the ranged at the edges. But ya charging back to elegon is buggy as hell.
    Not having this issue with cat charging the pylons, though I hold strafe during the jump just in case anyway.. and even if I did get hit I can PS or NT heal myself to full most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    DB is not a talent a Guardian should consider for use during a boss encounter. I have had no issue using charge on Elegon, as that is typically how we start the encounter and after phase 3 once the floor reappears.
    bear charge works fine, its just cat that's buggy

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsuken View Post
    Just to clarify I am feral if this is the misconception here lol
    there is a trick to feral charging elegon, I'm sorry to say I don't know precisely what it is but I can maybe give you some insight-
    start the fight on the console, jumping and charging from the console seems to yield 100% success
    generally charging from max range seems to work, shorter ranges do nothing - probably because although you're easily 15 yards from his center, you're too close to the outside of his hitbox? I havent had enough issues with charge to justify worrying about it

Also, I try to burn my charges on the protectors when it represents a dps gain to do so (full debuffs on elegon, no combo points, protector is far enough away)