Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ret 5.1 - YOUR changes.

Retribution DPS at the moment seriously sucks.

What changes would you apply for 5.1?

Personally, I'd only change two things.

Glyph of Templar's Verdict - Instead of taking 10% less damage, you now deal 10% more damage for 6 seconds.

Consecration is again, a Retribution ability.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Ranged interrupt/silence. Either buff CS and TV slightly and nerf CDs. Or make our end tier, i.e. Holy Prism give Holy Power and sacred shield as a baseline ability.

Blinding light to remove Censure would be nice to those less experienced.

Thats really all we need, the extra Holy Power buff on end tier would up the sustained/usefulness with support healing slightly, and sacred shield helping us with the squishyness that is ret atm and if you are playing ret correctly you know that the Holy Prism and sacred shield buff would be what is needed for us. If you are not playing correctly, then I suppose the sustained buff burst nerf would be all that is needed, but imo the class would be bland.
    Bubble not being dispellable would be nice, but kids would just QQ.

We definitely need a ranged interrupt/silence.
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2012-10-24 at 07:07 PM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

buff HoW damage slightly. preferably by giving it back its high crit change when a target is sub 20% but not when its active during wings. its not a scary execute right now. it should be.

buff sustained slightly, possibly by buffing DP's proc chance.

revert the sacred shield changes.

make selfless healer undispelable.

bake damage reduction back into righteous fury to allow for more passive survivability in pvp, and bring it in line with the tank stances of other tank capable hybrids

an yes, i thought i wouldn't miss it. but give us consecration back.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-10-24 at 07:38 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Templar's Verdict feels very inconsistent. Sometimes i'll hit for 100k+ and other times 40k. I'd like to see a happy consistent mediam.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is awfully reminiscent of the [Ret] What changes would you like to see in 5.1? thread from a while back.

A lot of ideas and discussion were posted there, might be too far removed now, but I'd check that thread out.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

My only change would be in regard to TV as others' have mentioned. It just feels like a HoPo dump until we have to reapply Inquisition or heal ourselves. I swear Exo/CS hit for just as hard when we are popping wings. To compensate for a TV buff I would be fine with them nerfing our CDs as well.

I quite enjoy our current rotation but if you don't get Art of War procs it can sometimes feel a bit dull...I wish they would add a filler that didn't generate HoPo but allowed us to choose to use it or not if waiting for our other abilities.

Also I wish Mastery wasn't so lackluster for us...I know it is not bad but wish it were more in line with haster rather than below it.

This is what I would change.

1. Inquisition no longer costs holy power and costs 15k mana instead.

2. Crusader strike does 15% more damage

3. Templar's verdict does 5% more damage

I think this would put Ret dps in a perfect spot.

I think you all are living in dreamland. Ret dps is fine right now. The changes you all are so quick to propose will put ret over the top, especially with 4pc.

Deleted
    Remove Inquistion and bake it into the abilities or just a Ret passive. It's not hard to keep up but it's annoying. If that happened Ret's fun factor would go from 9/10 to a straight 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Remove Inquistion and bake it into the abilities or just a Ret passive. It's not hard to keep up but it's annoying. If that happened Ret's fun factor would go from 9/10 to a straight 10/10.
    Yeah I agree. Inquistion just doesn't feel good the way it is now. If one thing changes I hope it is this.

Deleted
    Basically WTB buffs for Ret as a Shockadin out dps'd four rets yesterday in LFR. It was cringeworthy.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Basically WTB buffs for Ret as a Shockadin out dps'd four rets yesterday in LFR. It was cringeworthy.
    Well, LFR is LFR. It's more likely that you had somebody who actually focuses on damage as Holy versus several bad Ret paladins. I wouldn't site random people from LFR as evidence that Ret needs buffs/changes.

As for the topic, I'm not really seeing any issue at the moment, from a mechanics standpoint. Those of you looking for a buff to Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict, don't forget to factor in Hand of Light damage (it's not rolled in to the strike damage, it's a separate source).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Well, LFR is LFR. It's more likely that you had somebody who actually focuses on damage as Holy versus several bad Ret paladins. I wouldn't site random people from LFR as evidence that Ret needs buffs/changes.

As for the topic, I'm not really seeing any issue at the moment, from a mechanics standpoint. Those of you looking for a buff to Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict, don't forget to factor in Hand of Light damage (it's not rolled in to the strike damage, it's a separate source).

Yeah, I understand it's LFR but it was still so cringey seeing it as I was tanking. This Shockadin must have been 5th or 6th on EVERY boss.

I vote my Glyph change. My Glyph change will fix it.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Deleted
    I would want holy wrath back but reworked to work like howling blast. And also have our 90tier give holy power. Something like holyprism 1hp and ES/LH 3hp.

Holy wrath wouldn't have to give holy power just be something to use instead having to wait for CS cd. Or as a additional cleave/aoe since we are alittle behind on cleave.

Deleted
    Yeah, our AOE is pretty dire at the moment.

Wouldn't mind a Howling Blast-esque Holy Wrath, but that could be weird for Protection unless it's unique for Ret and Ret only.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Deleted
    You could have the holy wrath glyph make it to work like howling blast And have it split dps evenly without it.

Would give some variation to very heavy aoe fights too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post
    You could have the holy wrath glyph make it to work like howling blast And have it split dps evenly without it.

Would give some variation to very heavy aoe fights too.
    What would it be based off of though? Mana or Holy Power? Because if it was Holy Power, that'd neuter Divine Storm and if it was Mana, it'd neuter Hammer of Righteousness?

{◕ ◡ ◕}

Deleted
    I would prolly want it to cost mana that would keep HoR as top prio because it still gives HP and Divine Storm is a finisher so it wont affect that anyway.

Holy wrath would then just be something you use in between like: HoR-HW-Judge/exo-HoR-Judge/exo-DS-HoR And repeat. It should however do more dps than exo/judge if more then, lets say, 3 targets are present.
    So AoE:
    Inq > DS(5) > HoR > HW > HoW > Exo > Judge > DS(3)
    And Single target:
    Inq > TW(5) > HoR > HoW > Exo > Judge > HW > TW(3)
    Tier90 excluded :P

Edit; I would also want Inq Buffed even more perhaps to 30% holy dmg and 10% critt, and ofc scale down our dmg without it. Atm it doesnt really Feel like anything special when you have it up even if its a dps gain. I would want it to boost your dmg by abit more so that it feels more important than just some random crap to keep active.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 01:36 PM ----------

I just now realized that having another ranged attack would give retri abit too much ranged. Perhaps have the Exo glyph removed and have the "new" Holy wrath glyph work something like that.

"Glyph of Holy Wrath - Makes your Holy Wrath require melee range but now does 100% damage to your main target and 30% split between enemy targets within 10yards"
    And just make exo into a DoT glyph or something again. Or just remove, I didnt like it anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc3172abfeb3; 2012-10-25 at 01:32 PM.

Delete "Divine Protection" and make "Righteous Fury" with 20% damage mitigation.

In few words merge Righetous Fury with Divine Protection.

All other tanks in game have that kind of damage reduction. Example:

Druid have Bear Form. (120% more armor. 20% more stamina. Critical and Haste from items increased 50%)
    Warrior have Defensive Stance. (20% less damage)
    Death Knight have Blood Presence. (25% more stamina)
    Monk have Sance of the Sturdy Ox. (25% less damage. 20% more stamina. Chance to be critically hit reduced in 6%)

All other classes can use defensive stuff (Presence, Stance, Form) in DPS spec. So, why Ret paladin cant switch for a similar kind?

15+ Year Old Account
    The change I would make is giving Holy Wrath back to Ret.

Remove the link between CS and DS there is no reason for them to be linked.

Remove DS from using Holy Power.

Those changes would really fix a number of issues but most importantly the AE issues we have to face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?