Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Such an open ended question. Tempting. But it depends on how radical you want to be.

Truth is, there is a lot that can be improved. And a lot that works well as is. Issues with the class that players seem to have a problem with are Inquisition, AoE damage, ramp up and the feel of certain moves such as HoW.

My own thoughts are simple:

Inq needs to be removed or redesigned. It is intended to add needed complexity, but in truth, I don't feel it succeeds. Personally, I'd remove and work the
    complexity into the HP system which should be expanded upon. I just have the feeling Blizzard got bored wih reworking the class and left it alone this XPac. No Inq also helps with ramp up.
    SoR should be removed or redesigned. I don't think the AoE Seal mechanic works well. The damage component, such as it is, should be added into the various AoE moves to make them feel meatier.
    HW (old style - I do like the new 'melee' version Prot has tho), Exorcism and Consecration should be baseline. They add flavour, a provide scope to boost AoE damage and vary the rotation. I'd consider making DS and TV baseline and MELEE abilities (not spells affected by silence) but while I feel such as sytem woudl give the class a very decent baseline toolkit, it removes much of the variance between specs.
    The first talent tier should be reworked. PoJ should be baseline, but with an active component - when active, increases speed by X% for Ys. Passive PoJ aspect inactive for Zs afterward and sprint has a X min CD. Give the class some baseline mobility.
    DP should be baseline. Give it an ICD or something, but the talent really helps fill out the rotation. A filler move of some sort may still eb helpful to keep the rotation flowing.
    I still miss Auras.Don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by tvk1207 View Post
    I think Paladins should use energy
    Yes. Only I'd call it Zeal and tie it into the melee system instead of Inq.

Quote Originally Posted by Valthios View Post
    This is the easiest question ever. Are you ready? Remove Holy Power, basically revert Ret to the end of Wrath. HP is aids, pure and simple.
    No. HP, or something like it is needed. It adds complexity, it adds hooks for various abilities. The problem is its currently simpliied nature. At the very least, it neds to mesh into more moves and abilities.

EJL

http://www.wowhead.com/news=207993/p...tes-november-2

"Retribution Paladin: The 4 piece bonus now reduces Avenging Wrath’s cooldown by 65 seconds, down from 85 seconds."

This makes no sense if they don't finally buff our damage outside of cooldowns. Give us haste instead of crit from Inq, 1s GCD, increased damage on CS and a freaking proper cleave like SoR being like 150% of what censure would be on two targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was on my Warrior and noticed that Glyph of Rude Interruption gives a 6% damage increase for 20 seconds. Given you'll always interrupt on time, you can have a rolled 6% damage increase at all times. Where as Glyph of Word of Glory gives you a 9% damage buff for 6 seconds, and will be nerfed in 5.1 to only work if you use it on someone else.

The two really aren't comparable. Ret Paladins sacrifices a TV to heal a team mate to get a short window 9% damage buff, while a warrior gets 6% damage increase for 20 seconds. Just doesn't seem fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=207993/p...tes-november-2

"Retribution Paladin: The 4 piece bonus now reduces Avenging Wrath’s cooldown by 65 seconds, down from 85 seconds."

This makes no sense if they don't finally buff our damage outside of cooldowns. Give us haste instead of crit from Inq, 1s GCD, increased damage on CS and a freaking proper cleave like SoR being like 150% of what censure would be on two targets.
    I think that's Blizzard's way of making sure we don't keep the T14 4set, because of it's absurd synergy with the raid drop trinkets, over t15 loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I think that's Blizzard's way of making sure we don't keep the T14 4set, because of it's absurd synergy with the raid drop trinkets, over t15 loot.
    Youlll keep them a huge amount of time anyhow. The valor ilvl upgrade system will make sure of that.

also 2 mins syncs just as fine as 1:30 who you kiddin.

The only change I'd make is to remove the RNG aspect of Divine Purpose and give it a 100% chance to proc with something along the lines of a 20 second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    The only change I'd make is to remove the RNG aspect of Divine Purpose and give it a 100% chance to proc with something along the lines of a 20 second cooldown.
    i like the proc. it gives me something unpredictable to react to, but it is our 'sustained damage' option, while SW and HA are very bursty. andfrankly our sustained damage sucks. i think DP should be upped to maybe 35-40% chance to proc.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

take ES off the GCD.

bring back the OLD judgements of the bold (haste buff) since haste is so awesome now for us.

thats about it.

Deleted
    I'm adamant that if they change the Templar's Verdict Glyph to increase our damage dealt by 10% every 6 seconds would fix Rets sustainable dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I'm adamant that if they change the Templar's Verdict Glyph to increase our damage dealt by 10% every 6 seconds would fix Rets sustainable dps.
    That'd be awesome, but it would be better as something rolled in to the spec instead of a glyph. There's no Ret that I can think of that wouldn't take that glyph.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

I figured I'd post this in here, rather than make a new thread, since we're talking about Ret Paladins. Should I just start gearing a spec like Protection over Ret for 10 mans? I'm currently running MV with my guild in Ret, but seeing that we 1) need a off-tank and 2) Ret is sub-par compared to other DPS, perhaps I'd be more useful there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkheart View Post
    I figured I'd post this in here, rather than make a new thread, since we're talking about Ret Paladins. Should I just start gearing a spec like Protection over Ret for 10 mans? I'm currently running MV with my guild in Ret, but seeing that we 1) need a off-tank and 2) Ret is sub-par compared to other DPS, perhaps I'd be more useful there?
    Ret gear is pretty much Prot gear as long as it doesn't have crit.

Reforge everything into 7.5% Hit and 15% Expertise - Go Haste or Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Ret gear is pretty much Prot gear as long as it doesn't have crit.

Reforge everything into 7.5% Hit and 15% Expertise - Go Haste or Mastery.
    Awesome, thank you!

I seem to be doing top DPS on the meters in heroics and I'm still in questing greens. Do I just happen to get bad mages/hunters/spriests/warlocks? in these groups. I've looked at their gear and they always seem to be out gearing me. On trash there is no contest. I usually am 5k-10k higher than the 2nd guys and on bosses its more like 1-2k difference. I don't have any experience raiding yet.

I wish Divine Storm went back to Wrath style. Or at least Cata style. Often times I just want to smack some mobs around with Divine Storm, but I can't. Gotta ramp up that holy power. Every. Single. Time. ugh.

But that's ok! We still have that righteous hammer! Which is just a pain in the ass trying to line up all nice and perfectly with a target directly in front of you while everyone is moving and mobs placement is going bat shit nuts.

It might be "viable", in the numbers department. But that shit ain't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I wish Divine Storm went back to Wrath style. Or at least Cata style. Often times I just want to smack some mobs around with Divine Storm, but I can't. Gotta ramp up that holy power. Every. Single. Time. ugh.

But that's ok! We still have that righteous hammer! Which is just a pain in the ass trying to line up all nice and perfectly with a target directly in front of you while everyone is moving and mobs placement is going bat shit nuts.

It might be "viable", in the numbers department. But that shit ain't fun.
    I don't like the ramp up too much but I would miss chaining Divine Storm / Divine Purpose procs. Nothing cooler in my eyes than seeing like 6 hammers swirling around me and holy energy radiating off my pure awesomeness. that is assuming that the take it off HP they would have to add a CD or make it hit like a wet noodle which neither of those options seem fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some changes id like

-TV damage increased to 300% up from 275%.
    -TV glyph reverted back to exorcism again.
    -Turn Evil glyph made baseline.
    -HA lasting 20 secs.
    -Sanctified wrath reduce AW cooldown to 2min instead of increasing duration. PvE set bonus changed to something else.
    -Divine purpose proc chance is increased to 30%.
    -Inquisition glyph reverted back to 20% holy damage.
    -Unyielding Faith as 20%.

How about a "Whenever you kill a target that awards Experience points your Inquisition is reset to it's maximum duration" glyph?

Can leave out the "awards Honor" part to stave off the pvp nuts that would kill the glyph before it gets off the drawing board with their arguing.

At least 2 threads going on in the DD forums right now along these same lines if people want to contribute:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004034972

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006244137

I'd just like them to remove inquisition, it's an annoying ability, and it's not adding any complexity, only nuisance.
    Other than that, no real wishes really.