1. #1

    3 x Shadowburn with Havoc a bug or Intended?

    Triple Havoc'd Shadowburn Copy To High HP Target

    So is it intended that we do this or is it a bug that will be fixed?

    So if this is right, were saving embers towards the execute and sniping havok the execute booss to the new one, for 3 times shadowburn? Has someone done a simulation with this taken into effect, because this would surely put destro as the #1 spec

  2. #2
    Are you sure you get the full effect of this? I did this once by accident and noted that the damage to the two mobs was actually half that of what i would expect a shadowburn to do, so i think the damage is split between targets, which isnt as great as you make it sound. Granted i havent done a lot of tests on this so i might be wrong.

  3. #3
    This is intended and it should be full power burns. The idea is CB is easy to use so you only get 1 copy, but SB is generally harder to set up and more situational, so it's allowed all 3.

  4. #4
    As far was we know this is fully intended and is one of the reasons destruction can do very well on most of the fights in MSV. And the shadowburn damage is not halved, it is exactly what you would expect it to be.

  5. #5
    The question that needs to be asked is whether or not this provides more dps than affliction being able to multidot for an entire fight and being able to do so with more than 2 enemies at a time. Don't get me wrong, I play mainly destro and havoc shadowburns are awesome, but they aren't better than affliction's multidotting. If anything, chaos bolt should just consume two charges instead of all three to give destro's 2 target dps a bit of a bump.

  6. #6
    With this ability in full use, destro is still the weakest raiding spec (although still viable). If it were to be removed it would be in a pretty bad place.

    Xelnath said it was unintentional- but so long as destro continues to trail the other specs in pve I doubt they would rework it.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Sweetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    on Sylvanas
    Posts
    598
    I actually didn't realize this until recently. As soon as Havoc came out and I read about the tooltips with Chaos bolt consuming all charges and all that, I just automaticly assumed that Shadowburn (being the execute-equivalent of chaos bolt) would consume all 3.
    Clearly I was wrong. That it is unintentional just further shakes my confidence in Blizzard and their alpha and beta testing. It does anger me, that I made such a silly assumption based on what seemed reasonable... And find that I was wrong... Grr

  8. #8
    Moderator Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    The question that needs to be asked is whether or not this provides more dps than affliction being able to multidot for an entire fight and being able to do so with more than 2 enemies at a time. Don't get me wrong, I play mainly destro and havoc shadowburns are awesome, but they aren't better than affliction's multidotting. If anything, chaos bolt should just consume two charges instead of all three to give destro's 2 target dps a bit of a bump.
    Add in rain of fire to destro's two target rotation and it is actually better, and the execute numbers are amazing.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Add in rain of fire to destro's two target rotation and it is actually better, and the execute numbers are amazing.
    I don't understand how you can claim it to be better when it seems completely situational, with many factors to take into consideration. You need to explain when and why.

  11. #11
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    147
    saw your post on EJ zinnin, could NOT achieve the +20k dps with the simC modification you pasted ...

  12. #12
    3 burn embers and 20below....

  13. #13
    Moderator Zinnin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,249
    It isn't completely situational. The only time where it isn't going to be top dps on two target dps is if you cannot rain of fire because the targets are too spread out. And if you are doing two targets with one under 20% it is far and away the best two target dps.

    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    saw your post on EJ zinnin, could NOT achieve the +20k dps with the simC modification you pasted ...
    What fight lenght where you siming at?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    It isn't completely situational. The only time where it isn't going to be top dps on two target dps is if you cannot rain of fire because the targets are too spread out. And if you are doing two targets with one under 20% it is far and away the best two target dps.
    I still see nothing proving that you would be right. You just say it is better, not why.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •