Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    almost everyone I know used this to kill the boss since heroic came out. You'd think they'd be banned by now if it was considered an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyth View Post
    almost everyone I know used this to kill the boss since heroic came out. You'd think they'd be banned by now if it was considered an exploit.
    I'm going with not working as intended.

We did this yesterday and *mother of god* was it easier.

a lot of 25 man guilds 4tanked them the first few weeks on heroic and it makes the fight a complete joke...not an exploit tho

Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    a lot of 25 man guilds 4tanked them the first few weeks on heroic and it makes the fight a complete joke...not an exploit tho
    Why would you? It's not even a tank dmg thing with one probably undergeared OT. I have mostly 463 gear, with a few DPS items and I can solo tank one just fine. I'm not sure why you would 4 tank it -_-

not an exploit by any stretch of the imagination.

remember chimaeron? you could have a dps tank before feuds and it was fine, saved your tanks cooldowns.

This is still feasible, right? They haven't changed the mechanic or anything?

We cleared MSV last week, and when we start to give this a go, I was leaning toward this tactic.

ETA: Also, this would only be worthwhile on weeks when the Jasper Guardian was up, right?
    Last edited by Dole4011; 2012-11-14 at 05:03 PM.

Talk about a great strat. So question, does the "3rd tank" actually have to tank anything or will he simply not get chained based on his spec? Like does he need to pull 1 of the dogs at the start?

Deleted
    being in a tank spec means you will never get changed.

in a 10man this frees up the 3rd tank to be on tile duty and also a dps (or healer but we generally make sure a dps is free).
    making the tile handling so much easier when jasper is up

15+ Year Old Account
    people have been doing this since week one of heroic MSV, nothing knew. if you just did a search of the forums you would see 2 or 3 threads talking about this tactic from a month or so ago.

Our 3rd tank also takes care of popping cobalt mines when using his tank cooldowns. He's specced into Bladestorm just for that.

Very useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no exploit. The enrage (if they even have one idk, never hit it), is negligible. It's a pretty smart strat to sacrifice the dps to get the tile buff out more easily. An exploit would be more like finding an area in the room or an action that prevents you from being eligible for chaining and then having people use that to their advantage. Blizzard knows tanks don't get it, they designed it that way. If they didn't want you to be able to do that they would have made it so only tanks with threat on something don't get chained.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Why would you? It's not even a tank dmg thing with one probably undergeared OT. I have mostly 463 gear, with a few DPS items and I can solo tank one just fine. I'm not sure why you would 4 tank it -_-
    The 2 other tanks aren't tanking anything, they're using a tank spec because you don't get chained when using a prot/brewmaster/guardian spec, which allows two people (1 on 10man) to just run tiles for the entire fight without worrying about chains.

This also means 2 other people people in the raid (1 extra in 10m) are excluded from getting chains so that's slightly less movement restriction on the raid.

Additionally to having people running tiles all the way up to 150+ without a worry in the world it means people that are chained that would normally be forced to move off the boss in pairs and awkwardly try running tiles no longer have to worry about it so overall dps on the boss skyrockets.

Whether you want to call it a bug or clever use of game mechanics, it turns a reasonably solid heroic fight into a complete walkover.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2012-11-14 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Well it may be exploiting the fact that tank-specced players can't get chained, even when they're not tanking. But it didn't feel like an exploit when we did it, just asking so.

It's not an exploit. The trade-off you get by having a dps go tank spec and avoid the Jasper Chains, is really crap dps - on par with Disc Priest Smiting maybe.

It's not an exploit - purely juts a cheese strat to make an already easy fight, easier.