Thread: The WoW Shuffle

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The WoW Shuffle

The following is a guide for "The Shuffle". Turning ore into a bunch of stuff for profit. If you have suggestions, please let me know!

This only works if you have the professions needed or have a friend that does. I have made about 100k gold in the last 2 weeks from doing this. (the amount you earn will differ depending on how many people are doing the same thing, population, and material saturation)

~Step 1~

Ore's you will need

Ghost Iron Ore
    Kyparite
    *Do not prospect Trillium ore as it is better used to create bars*

Obtain as much ore as you can, be it mining, or buying. The more ore you have the better. Once you have as much ore as you can possibly get, prospect it all.

For those that prospect the old fashion way, I suggest making a macro, it will save you time (which is $$$) Use the macro listed below if you do not currently use one.

Code:
    /showtooltip Ghost Iron Ore
    /use prospecting
    /use Ghost Iron Ore (or what ever ore you want)

~Step 2~

There are a few different directions you can go from here.

Once you have learned all the JC recipes from the trainer in the Jade Forrest, Mai the Jade Shaper.(48.0, 35.0) There are some ilevel 450 rings you can make. These sell very well, but you will make more gold using the methods below. If you have extra mats after, then making these items will just add to your profits.

If you have a Alchemist, you can transmute the: Wild Jade, Vermilion Onyx, Imperial Amethyst, into Primal Diamond. That will make you from 1400g for the raw gem to 2400g for the actual Meta Gem cut, depending on your servers economy.

You can also transmute your Pandarian Garnet into Primordial Ruby, which are always popular(pretty much for the entire expansion)

If you have an Enchanter at your disposal, you can make probably around 100 Shadowfire Necklace, and 100 Ornate Band. Both of these recipes use the Alexandrite, Lapis Lazuli, Pandarian Garnet, Roguestone, Sunstone and Tiger Opal.

When making the rings and necklaces, you will on occasion and randomly, make a blue ring/necklace with a higher ilevel (Shadowfire Necklace and Ornate Band). These will disenchant into Small Ethereal Shard, and Ethereal Shard.

Enchanting mats, especially the amount you will have after just one round of disenchanting, will sell for a pretty penny.

For all you lazy enchanters out there, yes there is also a macro you can make to disenchant them. Use the macro below to disenchant both the blue and green rings, and the blue and green necklaces. (I usually put the blue items on the AH for around 250g-300g for 48 hours, if they dont sell, I disenchant them because the posting fee is around 5g a piece which cuts into profits)

Code:
    /cast Disenchant
    /use item:83793
    /use item:83794
    /use item:90904
    /use item:90905

As of right now, JC will make you a decent amount of money, but combining it with other professions maximizes your productivity.

~Step 3~

AH Time!

Post all your items, mats and gems on the AH. I usually play at night, so I list auctions for 24 hours. If there are a lot of AH trolls that undercut every chance they get, you may need to cancel and re-post to see the gold pour in. I will update this thread with any new updates.

Edit:
    For those that Mill the old way - here is a macro to make your life much easier:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Milling
    /cast Milling
    /use Green Tea Leaf
    /use Fool's Cap
    /use Silkweed
    /use Snow Lily
    /use rain Poppy

Now for this (and all the macro's) to work, you must have them in stacks of five. I suggest using one line per macro. - Cheers!
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2014-02-20 at 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling

This is loosely known as "the shuffle."

Deleted
    Nicely laid out and I will assume well intentioned, but its only the shuffle and nothing new. I dont go with the QQing but there have been some serious nerfs and changes which have really affected the way it works. Some of them have not been thought through by Blizz and make no sense. A lot of any AH playing is simply an undercutting war of attrition these days.

Can I also point out what I say in virtually every post. All servers are different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried the shuffle and since Ench mats sell for shit I tried doing spamming green cuts for rare procs and so far it's working quite nicely, raw gems are 20g for some and they can sell for 40-150(!)g per rare perfect cut on the AH. That needs a HUGE bulk though and you cannot just cut random gems, make ~25 of each type of the "best" gems. I'd recommend making Ornate Bands though as the blue/yellow cuts do not sell for shit (think 30g a rare gem).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Shuffling to enchanting is not working as well this time around, probably do to the fact that mats can be turned into other mats. Shuffling into gems is working well, however, requiring a golden lotus for a transmute really hurts it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A routine everyone is familiar with. The topic worth debating in all this is the last stage of the shuffle and whether it's more profitable to go down the rings/neck route or stick with cutting perfects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1: Buy ALL the ore.
    Step 2:

Step 3: Profit

Also: Quit givin' away trade secrets!

Remember that methods like shuffling are subject to server economy. I am JC and enchant and while I am doing nothing for gold cause I don't really need any, I know people who claim they are making 20k a day. This is because of random cuts. Not every JC has the best cuts so there is a higher demand. For example on my realm you can buy Vermillion Onyx or whatever it's called for about 90g and sell certain cuts for 300g.

Check your servers economy first..but there are plenty of ways to make that G. Just gotta find your niche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some caveats;

1> The Shuffle requires that you know your market's prices. You need to know whether it's a better profit to list gems uncut, cut, craft them into jewelery, whether it's better to list that jewelery or DE it, etc. These won't be static facts, either; these will often change week by week if not day by day. It ALSO involves knowing when prices have crashed but will likely recover; if someone just flooded the market with 800 Primordial Ruby, just stick yours in the bank and wait a week or two for prices to recover, unless storage space is at a premium for you (an alt with their own guild and guild bank is a GREAT way to avoid this).

2> The Shuffle also has high points and low points. There's almost always profit somewhere, but holding off might be the best bet on any given day.

3> It's best to work the Shuffle on a stable market, that avoids really big swings in price. Otherwise, you risk buying goods you won't be able to sell; if Ghost Iron prices crash, prices on everything else will dip too, because you're probably not the only one shuffling the ore and taking advantage. Maximizing profits means knowing that markets, particularly in WoW, are generally more volatile in the short term than the long term; prices for things like gems often spike on Tuesdays through Fridays, as the raiders get into the new week's raids and get new gear to kit out, and then fall off on the weekends. Raw mats tend to be higher during the week, and then dip on weekends when more people are faffing about wasting time farming. You want to find low points to buy the raw mats, and high points to list the stuff you convert them into. This is easier on a stable market; the shifts are like ocean waves; relatively predictable and gentle. The last few weeks, on the other hand, have been a freaking hurricane of craziness. Which both means shuffling was risky (if you bought Ghost Iron early and the price drops as demand falls off, for instance), and nothing about the markets said much about how they'll play out long-term.

4> This does take time, but it's time you can be practically AFK. Get the right macros and addons, and it's mostly just watching TV while mashing a button or waiting for your automated AH program to list those 350 auctions for you. It's not a "log in, faff about for 3 minutes, log out, make 50k gold" process. Though the profits are usually significantly better for the time invested than, say, herb/mine farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, this is the shuffle method. On my server, the rings don't sell very well, so I usually just turn the dusts into essences (those have the highest selling price per unit) and sell those. Not getting rich doing this, but it's not too risky either *cough* DMC cards *cough*.

Golden Lotus prices have fallen to around 130g per flower, so now I use those lotus to turn them into gems (the rare gems still cost a little less than 200g on my server, and with transmute master, I get some 'free' gems with each lotus).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Yep, this is the shuffle method. On my server, the rings don't sell very well, so I usually just turn the dusts into essences (those have the highest selling price per unit) and sell those. Not getting rich doing this, but it's not too risky either *cough* DMC cards *cough*.
    FWIW, on my server the DMC cards were absolute bank. Even Ox cards pre-hotfix were at least 2500g, during the Faire. I made out fairly well for someone with only one scribe alt and who got a late start on Scrolls of Wisdom.

I'm stockpiling the Scrolls now though. Card prices will plummet and then spike back up for the next Faire, but I'm not turning the scrolls into DMC cards till I see how much the market shifts for Round 2. There's no cooldown on the craft, just the scrolls of wisdom, anyway, and I need the glyph discoveries, and can turn the scrolls into an offhand or staff if it comes to that.

The cards are still going from 2.5k-12k on my realm, so i'm still in them right now.

The shuffle isnt new, but I thought with all the QQ'ing, people forgot that they actually have options. Also, I would have killed myself long ago if i didnt have those macros, so there is some good data that can be taken even tho the shuffle isnt anyhting new.

And I forgot to add, that with all the mats you get for enchanting, you can make a Sha Crystal, which on my server, sells for 600-950 gold.

Does anyone else use the macro's? Are there other ones that I need to know about. I have one for just about all my professions. i use it to mill herbs, prospect, and DE.

Just as a side note, I wouls suggest getting Trademaster. Its great. i make 100's of rings and necklaces at a time, so i click on create all, then i click in my mailbox to start the addon, and it refreshes every 30 seconds, sending all my rings and crafted items (that i specify) automatically, so i can get up and leave if i want to.

Pretty much what I do and it still makes me gold. The only thing I do differently now is that I cut the green gems in hopes of procing the perfect blue version which I've been selling the hell out of. The enchanting mats have gone down the toilet so I'll be making some of the nicer perfect cuts as much as possible. But thanks for listing the item numbers for the rings and necks; I'll replace the Cata item numbers in my macro in case I DE again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    FWIW, on my server the DMC cards were absolute bank. Even Ox cards pre-hotfix were at least 2500g, during the Faire. I made out fairly well for someone with only one scribe alt and who got a late start on Scrolls of Wisdom.
    Oh, I know. I'm convinced that my server is an aberration. I've complained enough about no one buying DMC cards - if you're interested you can search my history but suffice to say that only one seller other than myself have been listing DMC cards at 40,000g and no one's buying them.

Deleted
    i dont have an alchemist or enchanter on my JCers server and the servers economy is bad, uncut meta gems are about 700g on ah.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 12:57 AM ----------

Oh, I know. I'm convinced that my server is an aberration. I've complained enough about no one buying DMC cards - if you're interested you can search my history but suffice to say that only one seller other than myself have been listing DMC cards at 40,000g and no one's buying them.

same problem on mine, they were selling really well for the first week, i made about 60k gold in a few days, but not the most i can sell a card for is about 900gold, and it takes rougly 3 days for someone to buy it. i hate being on overpopulated server

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 01:01 AM ----------

so as someone with out an enchanter of alchemist on the server, how do i make gold with JC? im struggling to make any. bloodhood - EU alliance, gems sell for dirt cheap. ive got about 3 24slot bags full of uncut gems, green and blue, they just dont sell on ah

Trinkets, you mean?

You've been listing Relic of Xuen / Yu'lon / Chi-ji for 40k?

And no one's buying it?

Trinkets that are best-in-slot, for many specs, for this entire raid tier? Including the raids that open next week?

Maybe all the serious raiders already have these trinkets, and the rest are slow to start gearing...

During the first Darkmoon Faire in Mists, we equipped our entire 10 man raid with these.

I have sold 2 of the JC mounts. The emerald and sunstone panther (the green and yellow) or save up and make the red or blue ones and those will sell for a minimum of 100k, it costs that much to make it. Otherwise, i would make the blue rings and necklaces. I put some of the green rings and necklaces on the ah for about 75-99 gold and those sell pretty well. People will buy them to DE, or they may need it. I also train daily, you might discover a gem someone does not have yet which is guaranteed $$.

PS: You need reputation with the Order of the Cloud Serpent in order to purchase the recipes for the JC panther mounts. Honored to get the first 2 recipes (which sell for around 30-38k gold) and the others at exalted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I have sold 2 of the JC mounts. The emerald and sunstone panther (the green and yellow) or save up and make the red or blue ones and those will sell for a minimum of 100k, it costs that much to make it.
    Sorry but servers are different. Strategies that might work on one server may lead to a complete dead end on another. The red and the blue panther on my server and I suspect a lot of others will make barely a few thousand gold more than the cost of the mats.

Corylyn its a bit sad toyr story feel free to pm me. Also let me know the name of your server and which side you play on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    Trinkets, you mean?

You've been listing Relic of Xuen / Yu'lon / Chi-ji for 40k?

And no one's buying it?

Trinkets that are best-in-slot, for many specs, for this entire raid tier? Including the raids that open next week?

Maybe all the serious raiders already have these trinkets, and the rest are slow to start gearing...

During the first Darkmoon Faire in Mists, we equipped our entire 10 man raid with these.
    Yep, trinkets. Starlight inks, individual cards, finished decks, trinkets - couldn't sell many of the inks and none of the cards and trinkets. I ended up equipping them for myself. Either no one's buying or people are making them for themselves and guildies only.

Anyway, I'm derailing the thread, so I'll stop now.