Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    If you think heroic stone guard is hard, wait until you try heroic spirit kings ;p

  2. #22
    A semi-casual person saying a hard boss is actually interesting? That's something new!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    If you think heroic stone guard is hard, wait until you try heroic spirit kings ;p

    That.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    If you think heroic stone guard is hard, wait until you try heroic spirit kings ;p
    I don't think it's hard. I think it's quite challenging for a 1st boss in an instance. Especially with new mechanics next week after a kill.

    And to clarify: semi-casual =/= bad. I just don't raid 5 times a week to have my kills done :P

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    There is almost nothing to heal, if people stand in pools, crystals or take the wrong buff to light up tiles, it's their fault.
    Nice attitude you got there. Must be fun raiding with you.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire notwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Doing fkng dailies around pandaland
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrules14 View Post
    for me, they were the same difficulty as 4.3, just a lot more mechanics you have to pay attention to.
    dude, what the fuck, compare mochork with stone guards, no way its the same difficulty, mochork is a joke, even on heroic

    Thanks Shy for this great sig !

  6. #26
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    First boss on heroic hard? Yeah.. no.

    Stack and release chains, move out of traps, don't stay in puddle, dps the boss.
    This is a 'tank fight' it puts most if not all of the responsibility on the tanks, the mechanics for a dps class are trivial.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    First boss on heroic hard? Yeah.. no.

    Stack and release chains, move out of traps, don't stay in puddle, dps the boss.
    Yeah, you can do that will all fights, you know?

    Lich king hc:
    Avoid traps, dispel disease, don't stand in defile, kill adds, kill some more adds, dps boss

    Yogg saron +0:
    kill adds near Sara, dps tentacles, dispel stuff, kill adds inside brain room, kill brain, dps adds, dps boss

    Sinestra:
    Kite orbs, kill adds, dispel wreck(lol), kill eggs, don't stay in shit, dps the boss

    Ragnaros:
    Kill adds on transition, run away from seeds, dps elems, don't stay in fire waves, extinguish dreadflame, dps the boss

    I can do that all day.
    Last edited by Sephrie; 2012-10-25 at 02:33 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    So....they were the same difficulty except harder?

    Enrage timers are tighter, there are more mechanics, remember this is also only the first of three raids, also the easiest of the three. These bosses are definitely harder than morchok/yorsahj/zonozz/hagara.
    Hahahahaha that response made me laugh.

    OP - Heroics are hard
    Response - Same difficulty as 4.3 just harder

    Thank you for reiterating

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 02:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    This is a 'tank fight' it puts most if not all of the responsibility on the tanks, the mechanics for a dps class are trivial.
    Um... taunt the dog that just exploded over to you if the dog you currently have starts to petrify. I wouldn't call this a tank fight I would call it a situational awareness fight.

    If you are on this fight then obviously your tanks already learned the mechanic on normal so I wouldn't call it a tank fight by any means.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,588
    Heroics are actually heroics? I haven't noticed that even a bit. The damage is easily healable and tankable as undergeared Monk. I even think current Heroics feel more like normal mode dungeons.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Heroics are actually heroics? I haven't noticed that even a bit. The damage is easily healable and tankable as undergeared Monk. I even think current Heroics feel more like normal mode dungeons.
    Reading is hard...

  11. #31
    Mechagnome Sweetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    on Sylvanas
    Posts
    598
    Was there a heroic mode in DS? I never noticed...

    Just kidding..

    No but Stone Guards' difficulty depends entirely on what dogs you are fighting. If you don't have Jasper and Cobalt up at the same time, the fight looks like Morchok HC, except easier. However when you do have Jasper and Cobalt up at the same time, the fight looks more like Omnitron Def System HC. Different story entirely.

    So you might say it's hard this week and then next week it might be a walk over. Interesting boss design from a design point of view. Idiotic design from a strategic gameplay point of view.

  12. #32
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    So you might say it's hard this week and then next week it might be a walk over. Interesting boss design from a design point of view. Idiotic design from a strategic gameplay point of view.
    I feared it would happen the moment I read about it, flash backs to Halfus heroic... I hope they don't do this again, or if they do, have the heroic mode have all variables up at once in some fashion, just for consistency.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  13. #33
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,963
    2700 guilds are 1/6 HM (12%) I frankly have no idea by what measure people will claim a boss is properly tuned. What number of guilds would you expect after 1 month to have downed the first heroic boss anyhow?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,855
    *Breathe of fresh air*
    The one thing everyone agrees on - the one thing that isn't debated, WoW heroic raids (pre-nerf) are always challenging. Usually pushing boss life to max for gear at level and damage to max damage that a healer pushing everything can just possibly do. Of course, with gear upgrades and timely nerfs it will get easier and slowly the complainers will come crawling out. Until then, the only feature worth playing wow for (IMO) heroic raiding is here enjoy the next few months.

  15. #35
    Things just seem hard because gear isn't up to heroic standards, going into DS HC with 391-397 gear and 384 with incredible tier bonusses from LFR made most fights seem easier than entering a 502 ilvl instance in 463-470 ilvl as most people are now. Everything just gets multiplically easier with gear (keep in mind we're not even talking tier bonusses now): tanks will take less damage, people will die less with more HP, healers will have more regen/SP and fights will be shorter due to higher DPS which decreases the chances on fails.
    Champion of the Naaru | Hand of A'dal | Twilight Vanquisher | the Astral Walker | the Light of Dawn | Dragonslayer | Firelord | Savior of Azeroth

  16. #36
    Mechagnome Sweetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    on Sylvanas
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Yeah, you can do that will all fights, you know?

    Lich king hc:
    Avoid traps, dispel disease, don't stand in defile, kill adds, kill some more adds, dps boss

    Yogg saron +0:
    kill adds near Sara, dps tentacles, dispel stuff, kill adds inside brain room, kill brain, dps adds, dps boss

    Sinestra:
    Kite orbs, kill adds, dispel wreck(lol), kill eggs, don't stay in shit, dps the boss

    Ragnaros:
    Kill adds on transition, run away from seeds, dps elems, don't stay in fire waves, extinguish dreadflame, dps the boss

    I can do that all day.
    Thanks for the laugh. Well done!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I feared it would happen the moment I read about it, flash backs to Halfus heroic... I hope they don't do this again, or if they do, have the heroic mode have all variables up at once in some fashion, just for consistency.
    Oh, they're consistent all right. We keep getting all 4 adds for some reason, every single week.

    It's just a poor design in 10 man. Cobalt and Jasper are the only two adds that are actually dangerous, so there's basically 50% chance of the fight being hard when they're both up. At least Halfus had everything up on Heroic, so there was no coin toss deciding on difficulty.

  18. #38
    Moderator eddytheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,065
    Spirit Kings heroic is a fairly easy fight once people have learnt it as with meng last you can keep him in berserk for upwards of a minute without any difficulty

    The main issue with the fight is having to constantly reset pull him until you get Subetai second

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire Nakkí's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You obviously didn't do the tiles, it kills the DPS of the player not to mention avoiding all pools, crystals, getting chained to another person that is +30 yard away with you having -80% speed debuff on you...
    1. Have the tanks collect the tiles.
    2. Have the chained players moving together in pairs with one player leading the movement.
    3. Realize there's suddenly a lot less to deal with.
    4. ???
    5. Profit!

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 10:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    The main issue with the fight is having to constantly reset pull him until you get Subetai second
    We found Zian -> Subotai -> Meng to be quite doable as well. (10m)

    Not saying it's easier though - it's not. Just viable.
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-10-26 at 07:40 AM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    (Opinion of semi-casual raider.) The first boss in heroics is actually pretty challenging compared to what we've seen in DS. We actually had problems downing it second time, after we've got our first kill last week!
    About 40,000 people have downed even the first boss in MV heroic. You're not anywhere close to an average player, "semi-casual" label notwithstanding.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •