Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wow, heroics are heroic indeed.

(Opinion of semi-casual raider.) The first boss in heroics is actually pretty challenging compared to what we've seen in DS. We actually had problems downing it second time, after we've got our first kill last week! It's nice to see that every week the fight's gonna be different a bit. I think this is gonna be a hard gate to pass through for a lot of guilds, compared to piss easy morchok. I like it. More the challenge, more the satisfaction.

for me, they were the same difficulty as 4.3, just a lot more mechanics you have to pay attention to.
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrules14 View Post
    for me, they were the same difficulty as 4.3, just a lot more mechanics you have to pay attention to.
    So....they were the same difficulty except harder?

Enrage timers are tighter, there are more mechanics, remember this is also only the first of three raids, also the easiest of the three. These bosses are definitely harder than morchok/yorsahj/zonozz/hagara.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrules14 View Post
    That makes me wonder what would the definition of difficulty on a fight for you be...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post

Enrage timers are tighter, there are more mechanics, remember this is also only the first of three raids, also the easiest of the three. These bosses are definitely harder than morchok/yorsahj/zonozz/hagara.
    Part of the reason why it seems so difficult is because we're still undergeared (most guilds ~475), which is a much bigger difference than from 4.2 to 4.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    Part of the reason why it seems so difficult is because we're still undergeared (most guilds ~475), which is a much bigger difference than from 4.2 to 4.3.
    Plus we have been killing nerfed content for a long time. Although I agree that Stoneguard is much harder than Morchok even pre nerf.

Difficulty in MSV is harder at the start than it was in 4.3 but it doesn't ramp up too massively. Our lack of gear also makes it harder.

As a raider since vanilla, i must say these are the hardest raids along with ulduar.
    Every boss has 3-4 stages with different abilities, and needs full concetration of all the raid just to pown a boss at normal
    Its a mistake to compare MSV with DS. totaly different stage, if u must compare it with 4.0 when ppl start raiding then with blue hc and rep gear as now, not with over tier hc gear...
    I m so satisfied of the new mechanics, at last Blizz used some imagination, not much some, but the made a challenging raid. WELL DONE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masith View Post
    Plus we have been killing nerfed content for a long time. Although I agree that Stoneguard is much harder than Morchok even pre nerf.
    I don't know, Morchok was decently hard pre nerf if you used two healers. I think a lot of guilds are trying to under heal Stoneguard, it's a very easy boss if you use 4 or even 5 healers.

Deleted
    if the so called ppl (casuals) think that there is even the slightest challenge on any boss from every hc dungeon then we should reevaluate the term casual player

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanter View Post
    if the so called ppl (casuals) think that there is even the slightest challenge on any boss from every hc dungeon then we should reevaluate the term casual player
    Words. What do they do?

Deleted
    I don't think they are very hard at all. the only reason they might feel hard is because at this stage most people doing heroics started with 5 man gear and maybe 1-2 epics.

If you'd had full 489, MSV heroics would be pretty much steamrolled by most decent guilds.

However, the bosses feel quite fresh mechanics-wise, so I really enjoy it.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-10-25 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post

Nerfed content doesn't count. Yorsahj and Zonozz were fairly difficult at the start of the tier. Morchok was never too difficult. Hagara was a joke in 25m, and was kind of challenging in 10m. Ice Lance RNG made it annoying more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanter View Post
    Dungeons =/= Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    Nerfed content doesn't count. Yorsahj and Zonozz were fairly difficult at the start of the tier. Morchok was never too difficult. Hagara was a joke in 25m, and was kind of challenging in 10m. Ice Lance RNG made it annoying more than anything.
    Nothing was difficult in pre-nerf DS until zero nerfs H Spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    I don't know, Morchok was decently hard pre nerf if you used two healers. I think a lot of guilds are trying to under heal Stoneguard, it's a very easy boss if you use 4 or even 5 healers.
    There is almost nothing to heal, if people stand in pools, crystals or take the wrong buff to light up tiles, it's their fault. The tank damage is only high(at least on the tank that takes 2 dogs).

We had our fair share of wipes last night on Stone Guards 25m HC, the boss isn't too hard, people(read: melee) just fail at mechanics. We had a good try last night that lasted about 6 min 15 sec but we already had 4-5 people dead at that point :/

First boss on heroic hard? Yeah.. no.

Stack and release chains, move out of traps, don't stay in puddle, dps the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    First boss on heroic hard? Yeah.. no.

Stack and release chains, move out of traps, don't stay in puddle, dps the boss.
    You obviously didn't do the tiles, it kills the DPS of the player not to mention avoiding all pools, crystals, getting chained to another person that is +30 yard away with you having -80% speed debuff on you...

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    You obviously didn't do the tiles, it kills the DPS of the player not to mention avoiding all pools, crystals, getting chained to another person that is +30 yard away with you having -80% speed debuff on you...
    Defo this. I died at least 3 times last night from being chained to a player miles away from me while doing the tiles. You can do a lot to avoid rng but sometimes it just gives a big FU and smacks you in the face. I don't have too much of an issue with rng fights but the first boss in a raid seems bait harsh!

Why are you trying to light tiles with new chains incoming? Run off to do tiles 1 second after new chains and you get back in time for the next round.