Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    its works the same why when i tried to kidney shot a healer that was almost dead. but then the warrior intervened my kidneyshot and stunned the warrior instead of the healer. yea that sucks. but still thats who blizzard want it. there by it is not a bug.

a bug is if someting happen that the programer didn't had planned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I have no intention to look for the blue post since it is really old (before WOTLK I believe) but I will repeat again.

Ability's that can potentially 1-shot people no mater the chance of success is by no means a ''interesting'' addition to World of Warcraft, it is frustrating for the other side and it is something unwanted because their is no defence against it.

A warrior (or any class) should not be afraid to use a ability that can potentially 1-shot him.

Furthermore I wouldn't be surprised if this was fixed when patch 5.1 hits by any means because stuff like this is clearly not intended.
    There are quite a few ways to defend yourself against it, actually: Hop, deterrence, bubble, Ice block, Die by the Sword, Cauterize/Purgatory/Cheat Death (before they are procced), etc etc.

The only thing this spell ignores are absorb effects and damage reduction abilities.

Also I agree that it shouldn't work on an intervened Warrior (which would add another way to defend against it when fixed), but I disagree that it doesn't add anything new to WoW. As soon as people will adapt to it, it will just be something to consider when facing a monk.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how some of you think It's a bug when Intervene is doing what It's suppose to be doing as even the user loki - The guy was about to be Kidney shot'd warrior intervened and he took it instead; Same with death touch warlock was suppose to die instead the warrior took his place as It was suppose too

I don't see the problem other then OMG IT'S NOT SUPPOSE TO WORK LIKE THAT! However I'm a BG hero so my opinion doesn't truly count does it? Ahahah!!!

Kudos ~

Getting 1-shotted and taking the execute damage isn't equal.

Blizzard clearly said a while back that ability's that can potentially 1-shot a person is not intended even if the chance to 1-shot is less then 1%.

Is it intended that the warrior takes the damage of the ability he intervenes............yes
    Is it intended that he dies while he potentially has max HP...................no

You could be the most underpowered class ever, you could be the class that loses to lvl 1 characters at max lvl and it still wouldn't mater, any ability that can kill a max HP character has no place in any game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intervene is supposed to redirect skills to the warrior with the same effect as it would have landed on the current target.
    Monk had a guaranteed kill, period. Then warrior intervenes, warrior dies, lock lives. (with low hp but still survive)

Quote Originally Posted by Campechano View Post
    Intervene is supposed to redirect skills to the warrior with the same effect as it would have landed on the current target.
    Monk had a guaranteed kill, period. Then warrior intervenes, warrior dies, lock lives. (with low hp but still survive)
    There is a limit on the ToD for a reason, this is obviously a loophole in the mechanics, overseen in development. If you think that is the way it should be, well then lol.

Blizzard clearly said a while back that ability's that can potentially 1-shot a person is not intended even if the chance to 1-shot is less then 1%.

Is it intended that the warrior takes the damage of the ability he intervenes............yes
    Is it intended that he dies while he potentially has max HP...................no

You could be the most underpowered class ever, you could be the class that loses to lvl 1 characters at max lvl and it still wouldn't mater, any ability that can kill a max HP character has no place in any game.
    You can't lose to a Level 1 character.
    Touch of Death deal damage equal to the user's health.
    Level 1 have like 100hp? that is 100 damage.

When it's intended that intervene redirects the spell from another player to the warrior it's irrelevant what happens after because the intervene works as intended. ToD does only the maximum HP of the monk and when a warrior uses intervene he takes the damage instead just as intended. A warrior that uses all CDs and then uses execute on a target can do the same or even more damage and when another warrior intervenes this execute the same thing will happen. He dies.

Everything is working as intended. Intervene redirects every harmful spell to the warrior and ToD deals the amount of the monk's maximum HP. Under normal conditions it can't kill a player with full HP because you can only use it when your target has 10% or less HP left and that the warrior died was just bad luck because the monk used ToD

Remove the set bonus and give monks something thats actually useful.

Then you all will really be crying.

If you are sub 10% vs a monk in any form of pvp, you deserve to die.

If you get ToD, its only because you as a player didn't do enough to avoid it.
    The people complaining really need to recognize the problems with monks before complaining about one thing that really isn't even that big of a deal.

Why do abilities like cauterize and cheat death still exist?

If it had no health it should have died anyways right?

The majority arguments in this thread are silly and baseless.
    Last edited by Eein; 2012-11-19 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    When it's intended that intervene redirects the spell from another player to the warrior it's irrelevant what happens after because the intervene works as intended. ToD does only the maximum HP of the monk and when a warrior uses intervene he takes the damage instead just as intended. A warrior that uses all CDs and then uses execute on a target can do the same or even more damage and when another warrior intervenes this execute the same thing will happen. He dies.

Everything is working as intended. Intervene redirects every harmful spell to the warrior and ToD deals the amount of the monk's maximum HP. Under normal conditions it can't kill a player with full HP because you can only use it when your target has 10% or less HP left and that the warrior died was just bad luck because the monk used ToD
    You fail to understand that even if a ability follows a mechanic that it doesn't mean it is a intended effect.

WoW had ton of ability's that had a ''intended'' effect which all got changed because it was unwanted.

Well, what do you expect to happen when you intervene a ToD? Intervene isn't supposed to cancel the effect of any ability, just makes the warrior take the blow. If you intervene a stun, you get stunned instead. If you intervene a finishing move, you die instead. Don't see anything unintended with that.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d07RiV View Post
    Well, what do you expect to happen when you intervene a ToD? Intervene isn't supposed to cancel the effect of any ability, just makes the warrior take the blow. If you intervene a stun, you get stunned instead. If you intervene a finishing move, you die instead. Don't see anything unintended with that.
    From the logic of a couple of people here ''Nothing that should 1 shot you'' should exist in the game however intervene was suppose to do what It's suppose to do I don't see why there well ''frustrated'' about it once more

1) Warlock was suppose to die / take the Touch of death
    2) Warrior Intervened via warlock
    3) Instead of warlock actually dying the warrior takes his place like a puppet because that's what intervene does; Makes the warrior take it instead
    4) Warrior dies saving the lock

What is the problem? LOL

inb4 someone calls it OP. (If you get touch of death casted on you, you're dead and are 99% likely to lose the game anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    There is a limit on the ToD for a reason, this is obviously a loophole in the mechanics, overseen in development. If you think that is the way it should be, well then lol.
    There's a limit on Shadowburn too (=<20%), and a Warlock can Havoc another target, regardless of health, and hit both targets, (most likely killing the sub 20% target, and potentially killing the Havoc'd target as well).

I'd say ToD, as well as Intervene, are working as intended.

I macro-ed the Mogu Unique flavor item to my Touch of Death.
    Its possibly the best T-Bag item to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yet the outcome will always be the same (at least in arenas). Blizzard either "nerfs" ToD into being unnable to be intervened and current target dies, or, they keep it this way and...wait for it... warrior also dies.
    Id rather keep it the way it is right now, since it can still be usefull to eat the ToD from a healer, or some key player in arenas.
    Guaranteed kill is guaranteed kill.

Also, lol @ your argumentation.
    Last edited by Sforza; 2012-11-20 at 10:37 PM.

So tell you what, remove/nerf this ability when warriors ability to one shot people is removed? Or how about there insane burst? OR how about other classes ability to basically one shot people eg destro locks?

And clearly from the video if the warrior didnt intervene the lock was going to die regardless. Touch of death deals damage equal to the monks hp. Monk has 400k hp? touch of death does 400k damage. The match was won by the team with the monk regardless of what bullshit you come out with.

Haha. How rare is this? Probably never happen again.