[swtor] worst F2P model??

I read an article about swtor free to play and it lot of things seem ridiculous...I know they still need to make money and wasn't expected everything free of course, but I have played a lot of F2P games and from what I read swtor will be the worst, almost a joke..

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/24/swtor-fr...r-restrictions

No access to Cargo Hold (Bank)
    No access to Guild Bank
    Cannot expand inventory tabs (only 3 rows of bag slots)
    Cannot equip purple/artifact quality gear. (no orange gear, no purple)
    One quickbar only, you can use abilities out of your abilities window.(lol?who thought of that?)
    No title, no legacy name display(I can leave with it)
    Only 1 crew skill allowed(ok)
    Limited to 3 warzones/week

thats not even a trial...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Meh. Game wasn't that good anyways. Seems the devs can't wait to see this one die so they can move on to bigger and better things. /end troll rant.

But you can play your story and even pick between all conversation options!11!!one

You have to play out of your spellbook? Is this a troll?

Deleted
    Ah I give up.

Yesterday I had 4 quickslot bars on my PTS toon. Bioware said that PTS toons were effectively made to be F2P to simulate the new system better.

Today after the quick PTS patch? I now only have 1 Quickslot bar on the same toon and no possibility of adding one via the interface editor (like I did yesterday). So all yesterday's complaints turned out to valid today. What a horrible decision. I hope today's furor on the PTS forum helps BW understand that this change is asinine.

I know that you can happily play with one...until you hit level 6 or so then surely you need a 2nd bar?
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-10-25 at 12:10 AM.

So it actually is only one quick bar...

That's worse than I was lead to believe from the early Darthhater page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundermoose View Post
    But you can play your story and even pick between all conversation options!11!!one
    I played the game for a month, and I enjoyed that month a lot. For me it was coop game as I followed to storylines with a friend of mine. PvP model was overall pretty good aswell.

I'l agree that it had a lot of potential that simply went to waste with the way devs went around with the game.

Ontopic:

I'd say act like the game is free singleplayer starwars game and you will be pleased. If you will play it like an normal MMORPG than yes you will be dissapointed.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-10-24 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the amount of ability bloat in this game, especially shitty skills being made "decent" with passive talents , i fail to see how one skill bar makes the game playable . By level 5 all the slots are filled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    So it actually is only one quick bar...

That's worse than I was lead to believe from the early Darthhater page.
    One...it really is laughable trying to justify it so I won't even try and think what Bioware will officially say about this. I thought I was bugged seeing as I had 4 yesterday. Quick re-log then asked around ingame...sad day.

My only hope is that they change this before it goes live. Now would be a great time for BW to pipe up and communicate via the forums to discuss this rather large change.
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2012-10-25 at 12:11 AM.

Some of it is probably bug related, that's why its on the test realm. On the first push where the Cartel store was open only bars 5 and 6 were for sale for F2P accounts. restricting bag and bank space is pretty common under F2P models.

That's not to say there aren't concerns, personally I've been pretty sad about the direction of the game myself, there is lot I liked about it, but I think they lost too much brain trust at BioWare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing. This isn't any sort of productive discussion other than bashing the F2P model as well as the game itself.