Help this noob with typing some macros!

EDIT: Apparently it isn't possible to make a macro like that, but then I ask instead for tips of what I should do which is the most effective :P

Hello!
    I has just recently started to type some macros and I would like to get some more help with knowing how I have to do to get to my goal.

Currently I play assasination rogue, and I would like to get some type of macro which would make me cast the attack "Mutilate", BUT if my attack "dispatch" is available I want it to be used instead.

I guess I could use the type of true/false type of macro, but it's really hard for me to search for guides when I don't know what the different types of macros are called.

Something in style with:

#Showtooltip
    /Cast [Blindside/35% hp or lower]; Mutilate

Although I have no clue how to type it in a way that it'll work
    I'll start with this, if I come up with something more I'll edit it.

(Might aswell add that I am new to making forum threads).
    Thanks!
    Last edited by amaraim; 2012-10-25 at 12:53 AM.

I don't think that's possible (anymore?), such level of "automatizing", but correct me if I'm wrong.

Nah, I managed to find a thread about it on the US battle.net forums. Apparently it worked before since the macro tried to cast every sentence 1 by 1, but now it's made so it casts all lines at the same time.

Is there any other options?
    I am trying to make my UI take as little place as possible, so I'm going to start by making lots of macros which has the ability to do 2 spells, with probably shift as modifier etc.

Casts Dispatch when a modifier is held, otherwise it casts Mutilate:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod] Dispatch; Mutilate

Yeah, I was thinking about having to use that one.
    Will just have to adapt myself since I've had other spells on shift+1.

The only real way to do this is with a modifier; however, you need ready access to both abilities. I advise that you don't put those on the same key as holding a mod the entire time a mob is below 35% would be annoying.

You can put finishers together without much issue, though. You'll probably know what you're going to use 1-2 cycles in advance. I use these:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Recuperate; Eviscerate
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Slice and Dice; Rupture
    Eviscerate turns into Envenom when Assassination, so these macros work for all specs.

I just discovered one problem: with some keybindings I recieve an error when I use the shift modifier.
    I haven't checked yet if it's because I have it keybinded to something, but...

One example is that I have this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier] Fan of Knives
    /cast [modifier:shift] Crimson Tempest

The macro is placed on mouse button G11, and when I check in the keybindings it says it's keybinded to "num pad 3". But when I hold down shift and keybind the same button it says it's "page down" instead. How do I adjust and fix this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    I just discovered one problem: with some keybindings I recieve an error when I use the shift modifier.
    I haven't checked yet if it's because I have it keybinded to something, but...

One example is that I have this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier] Fan of Knives
    /cast [modifier:shift] Crimson Tempest

The macro is placed on mouse button G11, and when I check in the keybindings it says it's keybinded to "num pad 3". But when I hold down shift and keybind the same button it says it's "page down" instead. How do I adjust and fix this issue?
    Either rebind your mouse or change the mod you use. Alt works for me. Also, you're looking for this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Crimson Tempest; Fan of Knives

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Either rebind your mouse or change the mod you use. Alt works for me. Also, you're looking for this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Crimson Tempest; Fan of Knives

Yeah I am trying. My code worked aswell, but I am trying to start use yours for simplicity.